Week 2: Seriously Not Serious Club Viper SRT-10 @ Zolder

That's is based on Abdul's idea from here. I will update the first post with everyone's laptimes. Round 1 closes on Sunday:) The server is set with 7hours of qualies.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT SNSC
Password: usual club password.

Cars: Viper SRT-10
Track: Zolder [download]

Basic rules:
  • Whoever is the fastest at the end of the week picks a car to run for the following week
  • Whoever finishes last picks the track for the following week.
  • The 10th fastest decides the weather (dy, 10% rain, 30% rain ,etc...)
  • The same person can't pick the track/car 3 weeks in a row. In the case that occurs, the 2nd line will choose the mod
  • Tracks and mods have to be either game default or located in RD's download section
Standings after round 1
SNSCww1.jpg

How come the times here don't register in the timing.racedepartment.com?

This format is ideal to fill in the list, since there are too few car/track combos currently. Like cats 200, there are no times at all and at the current rate, there is going to be like 1 event in the next year... Cats are not the most popular club cars, can't remember any event for 200's since february.

EDIT: Just look what Mini Friday has been able to do: Best 12 Laps Mini
If i'm not mistaken the timings were reset not so long ago?

BUMB. So, what about that idea? Register times from this event to database?

Originally Posted by Eric Kaczmarek said:
Peter??? What happened to Patrick? I liked that guy
Originally posted by someone claiming to be Peter not Patrick said:
Hi Eric, it is a bit long to explain, but my real name is Peter, not Patrick.

I don't know....seems kind of fishy to me. I think we need an official RD investigation into this affair. It's possible this Peter character is actually Patricks' evil twin brother:devil:(that's why they look, sound, and drive so much alike). :question: Maybe Peter has taken Patrick hostage so that he can infiltrate and take over RD :terror: to turn it into a teen Kareoke website.

We can't just sit idly by`:sleepin: just in case there is an evil conspiracy threatening our very existence. :terminator: Can I used the incident reporting system to get an offical RD investigation going??

I know I know :focus:

• Thomas Ørbekk

LOL, finding a setup on this SRT10 is difficult.
I think i have a OK setup now, after my 16 totally runned laps on this track ever, i managed 1.46.628 ( I think that was the time )
Understeer then Oversteer, more like a setup of a drifting car than a racing car, but ..... It seems too work for me. I`ve uploaded it online, soo you all can try it: (file name)
SRT 10 Zolder DRY Thomas orbekk

A question to the Haba brothers:

Are you able to upload your hotlap in this thread? I'm so, so, so curious what your line and stile looks like!

I don't know how to improve atm neither in stile nore in setup.

Could you give some tips for the setup? May be some important things like very much camber or very low camber. I don't want to use your whole setup but want to have some tips to adjust mine.

thx in advance

A question to the Haba brothers:

Are you able to upload your hotlap in this thread? I'm so, so, so curious what your line and stile looks like!

I don't know how to improve atm neither in stile nore in setup.

Could you give some tips for the setup? May be some important things like very much camber or very low camber. I don't want to use your whole setup but want to have some tips to adjust mine.

thx in advance

As per the setup, i actually uploaded mine a while ago and it should be in the online files in game. Just need to adjust the preload to 1 , coast to 35%, and lock to about 40%. And here's my hotlap. =)

I haven't had the chance of driving the Viper yet, but I'd really like to do so. I'm gonna try to do some laps today. :)
Thx a lot fot the hot lap, Dragos. It's always very nice to see the aliens helping the mortals. :)

I'm always very happy to help. But, just for reference I kinda suck at making setups =). I just make it so that it feels good for me, and the tire temps are somewhere in the right vicinity.

I'm always very happy to help. But, just for reference I kinda suck at making setups =). I just make it so that it feels good for me, and the tire temps are somewhere in the right vicinity.
Funny you say that, Dragos.
Do you know what I realized in almost a year racing with some big big aliens (like you, for example)??? The most concerned guys about setups are the regular guys, like me for instance.
But since I got some feedback, exactly like yours, from another big alien friend of mine about not worring too much about setups and focusing on driving lines and acceleration/braking improvement, I've been able to improve my racing so much you can't even imagine.
But almost everytime I can't explain why I'm 2 secs slower than some of you aliens... Actualy I do! Some just know how to do it and do it very well and some (me) work a lot to be able to hold on to the mid grid. :)
And that's the way it is... But I'm always trying to improve!
Thx a lot for the help!!!!

BTW, Dragos, just to kill my curiosity :))), how fast are you going at Nordschleife on those GT Pros we're gonna race the endurance??? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 215 14.4%