RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

nice race today guys
with a bit off luck i finished the first race on the podium,but in the end my tyres whore only 55%.sorry yves for the push in the first corner on the last lap.

second race was a complete disaster for me.wrong setup.multiple spins,and again the tyres.but it was a very nice racing evening.

see you next time!!

Very good racing tonight. At the end of the second race I had a bug but I finished, computer said I was 7th:)

Race1: Avoided T1 mess, had some fights, at the end Richard had problems with his tires and I got close, actually finished within 0,1 second!
Race2: A bit too much agression from the cars behind, but then it all became seriously good racing! With cars everywhere it wasn't easy!:)

P4 and P7 are great for me! And I must say thanks to Simbin for their great setup!:) It was very comfortable and seemed to eat tires less. And I only did 0,6sec worse than my pb on quali, and counting this was the Volvo S60 and that was a Chevy Lacetti that wasn't bad:)

One more thing: in this race I actually felt like in the "good old times":) It was really good!

Thanks Yves and RD for setting this up!

quali... went very well. new pb 2:00:3xx .321 off top of grid when top three separated by just .006!!! started 4th

race1. not a bad start. swamped by ries bmw power but other than that held on well. ries tyres let go on lap on in lesmo 1 and i lifted to try to see which way he would spin. with the road quickly running out the car just drifted wide as ries also rolled that way. clunk! back to the back of the pack. ries had to stop for repairs so the fight back began. got a few as people run out of road and as others had sng's. at lap 6 on two warnings i had to take it easier and did so. crossed a very happy 7th place!

race2. not quite what was planned. good start from 2nd. again swamped by bmw power this time yves. just under braking got served a sng which distracted me and i nearly mucked it up. puzzled what for - can only have been for jump start... which i am 100% sure i did not. but hey ho its just a game. ran for 2 laps then served penatly coming out in 14/15. closed up to freddie in 13th and we had a dice for a while. had a heart in mouth moment when he lagged while we're on the back straight (.4s between us) and i drove thru him. kept foot in just hoping we'd still have a safe gap when server told me where he was. mucked up overtake at the end of the straight but lived to survive another day. closed the gap. mucked up in t1 a few later getting another sng. (note no warnings for cutting. i just kept getting sng!) with 3 laps to go just thought enjoy the racing. gonna end last anyway so may as well stay close to others. did so... took avoiding action at one corner.... got an sng.... getting a wee bit annoyed and the rythmn went... crossed the line leaving the pits after serving 1 of the 6 sngs i had to serve.. DQ. oh well.

race 2 last lap looked interesting. if i had no sng's i could have moved as high as 8/9 as everyone seemed to trip over each other.

enjoyed the race despite the DQ in race 2 and happy to spend time racing with a great bunch of guys while the work life is a bit in turmoil.

keep it up.

gratz to podium and thanks for organising. :)

cya next week ISP permitting!

edit: Just read Peters post and agree this is the good ole racing type stuff. shame we cannot get more to fill the grid.

Race 1 I got collected with th first corner mayhem, and got a S/G. Coming out of the second Lesmo I was right under a Seat's bumper and all of a sudden it swerved and I went straight into a C30, LOL. Big impact. Anyway that was my race run.

Race 2 had a good start, but going in to thesecond chicane i just clipped Peter's left corner and he spun. I waited for him and fell back to last. Sorry Peter for the rub or two, but I have just started driving in-car camera and still I am still adapting to the loner nose of the car. I had a nice fight with peter and a few other cars and ended P6.

Thanks Yves and RD, and see you all next time.
:)

I had a decent turn of speed for once coming out of the Parabolica, couldn't capitalise on it though and made pigs ear of it every time.

Sorry to Kennett Ylitalo, Dennis Phelan, Stefan Beemsterboer and anyone else on the wrong end of my braking into the chicanes.

The last two laps of race two scared the hell out of me at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%