RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah Rhys pretty much has it spot o here. I'll just add the gear selection is 3rd entering and slowly reduce speed as you to the curbing. But then you'll have the car stabilized and can drop to 2nd gear if you prefer and wait wait wait for that VERY LATE APEX. once you see your line out, then mash that thing and drive it off hard!

as for madness, well just don't over drive it and you'll be pretty quick through there. Here's a sexy shot of m ein the left hander in Madness! typical touring car shot of a guy trying to chop a bit off the corner to maintain momentum!

Race_Steam2009-09-0412-37-06-64.jpg

BUt it doesn't end well! so my advice is avoid that curb at all costs as it is repeatedly disasterous!

Race_Steam2009-09-0412-38-55-78.jpg

I am touching the mid 28's in the C30 as my PB on full race fuel. but really expecting that low low 29's will be race pace.

• Michel Salvador

nice eric lol so many time happen to me lol it just awesome sometime you get on 2 wheel for abit :) and try to control it haha

engine problem

Did some laps today and notice with my XD tool that i lost per round 1 maybe 2 percent engine point. And if i take the engine brake while normal braking after the long straight i lose 5 percent.
The problem is this indication starts from the pits not ever with 100 %, sometimes only around 69%, no idea why.
So is it seriously or nonsense, because water and oil was normal under 90°C ?

Maybe some of you have a tip because i dont want to race 3h 30min and then probably the engine get fired :curl-lip:

Make your 6th gear is an overdrive. So revs stays into the white/yellow zone, that will keep yr motor running.

It only will mean that the car is probably slower. For example the Audi can do over 315, but with overdrive it will go less, but motor seems to be better of.

got myself 10th with quali. but in the race i had alot of brake problems which resulted in a retirement:( i also hit giorgio im sorry for that but i was pushing the brakes like hell and started sliding straight on..overall i love this track and cant wait to race on it again. thanks david and all

Did some laps today and notice with my XD tool that i lost per round 1 maybe 2 percent engine point. And if i take the engine brake while normal braking after the long straight i lose 5 percent.
The problem is this indication starts from the pits not ever with 100 %, sometimes only around 69%, no idea why.

Maybe some of you have a tip because i dont want to race 3h 30min and then probably the engine get fired :curl-lip:

XD doesn't calcualte the engine health correctly @ all, That's a Known problem with XD

• Michel Salvador

well i have the same problem im losing 1 % per 1-2 laps lol and im gentle with it well i use XD never the same% at engine but it still `100% only not showing the same sometime i start with 14 % red lol but i use RTT in second monitor the % engine is more precise.Im sure João Andias will give us some tips :)

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone taking part in this race, it will be a heck of a race :)

Yes, thanks, we all are going to need it :wink2:

Guys as unfortunately there was no possibility of a RD practice server, maybe some don't have practice of overtaking, specially of slower paced cars (GTP to GTS for instances).

To help, short of joining the server early tomorrow (but don't practice too long or you will be too tired for the event), do some races with the AI starting form the back of the grid. The boots are so slow on this add-on track that it is exactly the same thing as different car class.

The first post talks about a rolling start, I think that's a generic post... On this track it doesn't make much sense to do a full lap before starting.

Let's start the race after Tertre Rouge, just don't forget to brake earlier (smother) for Mulsanne as everyone will be on top of each other (Eric as to confirm this first). The other option would be to start after Mulsanne but then we would just be postponing the first serious corner problem to Indianapolis.

Last but not least, drive relaxed, 95% of the overtakes will be done before Mulsanne and imediatly after it. Be patient, don't force that overtake that can end 2 peoples races.
Chose one side of the road (i.e. don't drive on the middle), faster cars have to go around slower cars, so when being overtaken by someone quicker don't change trajectory (in a slower part of the circuit if a small favor can be done, ok, thanks).

Sorry for being a bit too "paternal"… :embarrassed:

For anyone wishing to practice, the server has also in the car selection William Yunck's STCC version of the Toledo, which can be downloaded here http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-evolution-cars/5/seat-toledo-cupra-stcc-v1-1-975/

You will need to install this to get on the practice server ATM.

Keith

Well, downloaded the car and installed as instructed but still when trying to join the practice session the car class states 'unknown' and the SEAT Toledo doesn't appear in the cars list (instead I see a 'unknown'). But if I go to the STCC class and play a practice session locally I can see and select the Toledo. Strange mmmh.

My questions is if this car will be included in tonight's race session?

Thanks.

Qualied 5th, managed to put it in gear for the start :D

Had good battles with Mike, Dan and Steven through out. Was chasing Steven for the most part, good racing mate :good:

Cheers Andrew for organizing, David for not being able to say Indianapolis on TS and Vaughany being scouse.

:good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back