RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This really wasn't my evening. Way too tired for racing. At the end of race 1 I couldn't get around track without going onto the gravel in several turns. Decided to go and get some drink and freshen me up a bit, but race 2 almost started by a huge T1 incident made my be so I decided to quit. I just couldn't concentrate at all. Sorry guys!

tonight was the fist time I raced online with cockpit view and loved it. It is gonna take alot to get used after driving bonnet view for the past year.

Race one was lots of fun and had a great battle with a couple of Chevy's.

Race two I made two stupid mistakes and took out Keith and then Dario.
:( sorry guys I hate it when I do that.
I enjoyed that racing though and it was nice to race on a default circuit.

Thanks and see you all next race.

adjusting to the chevy again was fun and the pb's just kept coming. close times in qual meant starting 10th of the 20 runners 1.1 off to top time so i was more than happy.

race 1. oops.. bit flustered when i joined the grid not noticed no warm up session and was chatting to wife - noticed with 18sec to go... and 10L in the tank. quickly thru some fuel in and joined with 4 to go. rob's poor start ahead gave a few of us a good run to t1. race went pretty well. spent a lot of time in the same area as michal szabo. crossed the line in 8th... pole for race 2. eek!

race 2 saw me wheel spin a bit too much and get taken around the outside by the 2nd place man. held on for the end of lap in 2nd with mark guy in by boot. got a tap from him which took the two of us off when he braked with some wheels on the grass. (i'd dangled a carrot by leaving a little too much room on the inside - i should know mark by now! :)) rejoined and sped on then had a wee coming together with phelan.

in the race thought we'd tagged side to side but on replay i noticed i'd actually got out of shape doing a mark and braking on the grass. i'd carried on racing but if i'd known i'd done this i'd have slowed up to till he'd rejoined. big apologies there. KP cockup.

anyway... this put me in the same piece of tarmac and michal again. we had a good ding dong with a lot of "after you" "no after you" type incidents. held on to finish 7th when braham had an incident.

overall very good racing again. times were very close. we'll need to get some pugs in next race they were noted by there absence :)

thanks for organising and well done to the podium in both races.

Just had my first couple of races with you guys.

Cant believe how nervous I was at start of first race!

Qualified 16th and finished 12th in race 1 and 11th in race 2 I think, which I am very happy with, as it was my first time racing the chevy and was using stock setup (im useless with setups!)

Never realised how much fun it could be battling in the middle of the pack, and I must say, the quality and fairness of the racing was even better than I had anticipated.

A very big thank you to all involved, both organising and racing the event.

Hopefully it will be the first of many for me.

2up4tx5.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM S2000
Class: WTCC 06 - WTCC 07 and STCC
Track: Monza
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (19:00 GMT)
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Dennis Phelan
  3. Ries Notenboom
  4. Keith Peppiatt
  5. Kennett Ylitalo
  6. Richard Pijlman
  7. Sébastien Degraeve -SKIN-
  8. Freddie Besems
  9. Mark Guy -SKIN-
  10. Thomas Lee
  11. Mtommi Tam
  12. Péter Bártfai
  13. Ivo Simons
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Claudio Caferri ( maybe )
  24. Bob Luneski ( maybe )
  25. Stefan Beemsterboer ( maybe )

I'll start from Race 2 as it was more interesting.

First, at second 114 of replay Freddie Bessems hits Dennis Phelan, and in one second I hit Stefan Beemsterboer. Freddie and Stefan spin. In such a mess I can't realize who hit whom, so I slow down, let 3 cars pass and decide that the car I hit have passed. But in fact I start to accelerate just before Stefan reaches me. Stefan, sorry for me not waiting for you properly, I really couldn't realize who exactly got spun and did my best guess.

So Stefan follows me for a couple of turns, but then makes a mistake and I drive on my own with Richard Pijlman way ahead of me.

Then Mark Guys goes off-track, Richard Pijlman overtakes him, and I almost catch him up.

Then I and Dennis Phelan go off-track at the same time but in different places. So Mark overtakes Dennis, and I follow Dennis. Then we all overtake Freddie Bessems by 1 lap as he is in pits.

Then Dennis Phelan collides with Adrian Gibson, and I go off-track at the same time but at different place. So we get closer to each other - Dennis, I and Stefan.

Then Dennis and I make mistakes, the net effect of which is a reversal from "Phelan - Melnikov - Beemsterboer" to "Beemsterboer - Melnikov - Phelan".

Eventually Stefan Beemsterboer makes too many mistakes, and I overtake him. In a while he overtakes me back.

Then he makes a mistake, and goes back to the road backwards crossing it at straight angle! Such unsafe things must be at least discouraged by rules, it's almost the same as attempting a U-turn in front of running cars.

I have enough space to break completely, but I wish to keep pace. So I intentionally go off-track to avoid collision.. While we both off-track, Dennis Phelan overtakes us, so original "Phelan - Melnikov - Beemsterboer" order is restored.

Then I overtake Dennis, Dennis overtakes me, I overtake Dennis and we finish. Stefan goes off-track and crashes while I'm fighting with Dennis.

As you can see, there were pretty many battles within us poor drivers, so I think we all had a good time despite driving at last positions.

• Evgeniy Martynov

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this good class which I happened to witness :)

And I am sorry for having disappointely too little to show this first time.
Race 1. started for me with unexpected pit limit speed turned on, and in the nerve of start I could not realize what the problem is in, cause did not ever saw such effects before... decided that it is bad luck and found the most safe to park on the grass as spectator :(

Race 2. passed through some crashed cars in the t1. and tried to move further had some exchanges and got a mistake before the last turn on 7th lap - which was fatally - unrepairable :( pushing me out again to observe the race. :(

I hope that during that short moments of my being in race I was fair and correct - at least tried to do so. Sorry if I wasn't.

My first time... felt too nervous possibly and lacked a smart guess... Also found that I am still too slow and not stable. Need more training and patience.

Thank you once more for this event.
I hope next time I will have some more to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%