RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

OK this was a pretty hairy event to say the least! But you had to expect it would have its share of contact and DNF's.

I resume chasing Sel. I catch him and get a really good run on him off the very sharp left leading to the tunnel. We touch twice and I do a 720. I get going to reume the chase and am disappointed to see Sel continue on. Its a toss up about him stopping to wait as we are very close together with me on the inside having position and a fender ahead. BUt its really to close to call so no blood Sel.

Sorry Eric, but you only had yourself to blame. I have replayed this umpteen times and what I see is you squeezing me coming out of the tunnel. I hit the wall, which pushes me back out on the the track a little, causing me to clip your back wheel and you to spin. At all times there was tons of room on the outside where you could and ought to have been and I would not have clipped you if you had not forced me into the wall. At no time did I change my racing line. Sorry you spun. That's racing. By the way. At the time this happened, you were on the outside.

Sel ..........

Sorry Guys. I think I had something to do with the pile up in T1 2nd race. I had a bad start and thought, oh well it will give them all a chance to sort themselves out and settle down to racing. As I approached the first corner I realised a lot of cars were virtually stopped and having nowhere to go I slammed into them. I hit Timothy very hard. Sorry Mate. Not intended. It can't have been too bad because I had no damage. There were so many cars spinning around I thought I had better keep out of the way and keep going.

I eventually finished 11th from 18th. Quite pleased.

Sel ...........

Sorry Eric, but you only had yourself to blame. I have replayed this umpteen times and what I see is you squeezing me coming out of the tunnel. I hit the wall, which pushes me back out on the the track a little, causing me to clip your back wheel and you to spin. At all times there was tons of room on the outside where you could and ought to have been and I would not have clipped you if you had not forced me into the wall. At no time did I change my racing line. Sorry you spun. That's racing. By the way. At the time this happened, you were on the outside.

Sel ..........

fair enough Sel I did say "no blood" I think. I was inside of you for the next turn which gives me position though.

it's tight racing and we are fine Sel.

Great Race.

Qualied: 1st with a shocking 2:00.9xx time.

Race 1: Completely messed up my braking at turn 2. Locked brakes and nothing but tyre wall was there to great me. Puncture and Aero damage. Crawled to the pits and was officially last having started first. Tip toed to finish 15th.

Race 2: Great start to 9th after a few up ahead kissed the walls. Continued well to 2nd after Matthew pitted for his stop. Yves was breathing heavily behind me while I was taking tenths away from Brandon lap after lap. Tried bluffing for a pitstop to let Brandon or Yves bite the bait but didnt work. Matthew who was running 2nd before the pistop was behind Yves once regular racing resumed. Got a slight nudge which let Yves pass me. Finished 3rd. Not bad considering all the bad misfortune I had in Race 1.

Thank you Addicts for the races.

Racedepartment I love you

Eric erhhh not that kinda luvvv but salute m8 for all the hardwork put in the events.

To all participants I love you too. Get on TS the rest who hasnt yet.

Massive thanks to Willie Watt for Team Gulf skin pack.

Screenshot of the starting grid.

Attachments

• Detroit.jpg
    Detroit.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 165
Race Report: Longshot Racing

Qualified: 9th with a setup from Abdul. Thanks bud! Would probably have done better but I hit a tire barrier on the Outlap. How lame is that!

Race 1: Lap 1-Rhys gets a jump on me for the start. In T1 I get a love tap by Yuri, but stay my line. Pass by Abdul. I'm in 8th battling hard with Yuri. Then, in T6 Matthew comes in hot and pushes me out of the way and I go to 9th. I guess Matthew didn't slow down because I didn't crash, just had to slow waaay down. Reminded me of a bump and run in Nascar.
I outbraked Yuri in T9, I think, and move back to 8th. Broke too late at Atwater Street and into the tires. I wait for everyone to go by and end lap 1 in 20th with suspension damage. It wasn't too bad, so I soldiered on.
Lap 3- I pass John Sydenstricker between T2 and T3. He was stopped and facing the wrong direction. I got around Sel and Yves later that lap and finished lap 3 in 17th.
Lap 4- Michael and Rhys pit and I move to 15th. Turn 6 I drifted too wide and hit the wall hard. I had a punctured tire and couldn't turn left very well anymore. I decided to do my mandatory pit.
Lap 5-8. 20th position, pretty quiet. On lap 8, I let leaders, Keith and then Brandon pass. I got past Sel and moved to 17th.
Lap 9- John S. and I swapped positions a couple times and I ended up 17th.
I was amazed at my crews ability to knock out all the dents and get my Nvidia Honda looking like new for race 2.

Race 2: Lap 1- Starting 17th, I knew I would need to be patient going into T1. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes...
Opened my eyes and found myself in 13th. After T2 I was in 12th, behind Eric. Then Gary hits the tires in T9 and I'm in 11th.
Lap 2- Still behind Eric when he cuts T2 too tight and bounces off the wall putting me to 10th. But Gary is coming back with a vengeance and he gets past me with some brilliant moves and I'm back to 11th. Gary and I both move up as we pass Yuri, Rafael and then Keith. That puts me to 8th.
Lap 4- I move to 7th after Matthew pits. Then Gary overshoots T7 (I think) and I'm in 6th. Coming around T9, I see Paul in the tire barrier with his rear end hanging out. There was not much I could do. I added to Pauls troubles by adding some of my own paint to his. It's a minor clip for me and I move to 5th. I pit on this lap and come out 10th.
Lap 6- Move to 7th when Keith, Rhys, and Sel make their pit stops. And then to 6th when Eric gives Willie the scare when coming out from his pit stop.
Lap 7- Daydreaming... Hit tires in T9 and Keith goes by and I'm in 7th.
Lap 8-10- Stayed in 7th. Played pinball a couple of times which let Eric get pretty close in some spots, but he also did some wall dancing those last laps and that's how I finished.

Overall: 9th - not bad considering my first race.
Goals: finish without an incident. Finish in top 5.

Mark - if you click on the links at the start of this thread (in the very first post) it will take you to the download area - just make sure you are logged in BEFORE clicking download, because if not you will be asked to log in and (this may be fixed now) the server registers a download before you log in and then gives you a time out because it thinks your trying to download again too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back