RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Coming into race day I was not feeling very confident. The best consistent time i could set was a 2.09.xx. So I was resigning myself to being at the back of the grid but something must have clicked cause in pre race prac I managed to cut my times down to farely consistent 2.07's. So I was feeling abit better. As always though, and this is a testament to the fact that you guys that arnt coming into TS are missing out on alot, i was listening to the faster guys talking and gaining tidbits of info that was helping me all over the place. Just prior to qual i had manged to knock another sec off of my lap time te got down to a 2.05.xx. Then I heard keith talking to Abdul about picking up on the trick to the track, so i had to ask, and thankyou keith for spilling ;). With this advice I managed to do my PB for the day in my qual a 2.04.xx. So i was feeling much better at this point as I had managed to cut neally 5 secs off of my lap times.

Long story short if you dont want to read the above novel, guys who arn't, get yourselves into TS it helps to add so much more.

So anyway. Qual'ed 15. better then i expected.

Race 1. Got a reasonable start and managed to gain 2 spots by T1 which was shot lived. Got spun and ended up in the barrier causing aero and suspension damage and found myself at the back of the pack. I Picked myself up and pushed on. Was still managing to keep pace even though the car just didnt feel right. Gears were reving all over the place and the back kept sliding out. I managed to get myself back up to 14th with various bits of chaos on the track. It didnt occur to me to look at my overlay till lap 5 at which time I asked the question over TS "what does a grey tyre mean?". Stupid me had been racing on a flat type since the begining of the race :doh2: So I pitted next lap and got 3 new tyres. Its amazing the differance when your racing on 4 wheels instead of 3. From the replay the flat tyre was quite clear, every time i took a right hand corner sparks were coming out the back of the car. I came back out in 14th after the pit. the rest of the race was pretty uneventful with a 12th place finish.

Race 2. Started in 12th. Got an avg start but managed to gain a spot by T1. Kept my eyes open for any mishaps and in hope of avioding what I could. I managed to make it through T1 safely this time.
Everything was going fine for the next few laps. Car felt good and I had managed to keep it straight and make it up to 5th position until the 5 or 6th lap i think it was when I misjudged a corner and got on the gas alittle early and managed to clip the tyre barrier. The car decided to nose in instead of bounce off which wasnt too bad and didnt cause much damage but I was more worried about where I was sitting. Glenn was next around the corner and had no where to go except through me, sorry again Glenn and next was Willie that added to the excitment, sorry to you to Willie. Got going again and headed straight to the pits as I had only lost 1 postion. I decided to get my damage fixed as well as tyres. Luckly it was only a 20 secs pit which was shorter then I expected. Got back out in 12th which wasnt too bad considering most in front had not pitted by this stage.
Over the next lap and half I got back up to 8th through people pitting and other incidents and started to settle into a rhythm again when I came to the same corner as my last incident. Same thing happened, this time I got front aero, sus dmg plus a puncture on the front. Sorry to Eric and Rhys for being in the way as they got caught up with me coming around the corner. Got going again only to slid right off into the barrier on the next left hander. At this point I had lost all hope of staying for a top 10 finish. I lipped back to the pits only to have the brakes not work on entry so i got a SNG as well. Went with just a tyre change and managed to get back out in 14th where i stayed even after the SNG and ended up finishing there. Sorry to Abdul as well for the rearend tap near the end of the race. I hope I didnt cost you a place or anything :(

Thx to RD, Eric and Keith. This is a great setup and im looking forward to the ATCC.

TV5-303.jpg

Thats what I play on, serious monitor, for serious internet car racing games.

Actually I was honoring the yellow flags for that corner. I knew you were on the inside and I was trying to go a little wide, but then had to make a sharper turn to avoid Rhys. It would have been a long wait if you waited up (and you would have needed a snack to keep you going while you waited) as it took some time to get the car turned around (could have use a snack myself :biggrin1:).

I owe you an apology as well for my tap in the 2nd race. I shouldn't have been driving that fast with a punctured front tire.

I am now chasing Michael Carver for many laps and we are lock step battling! HE makes a mistake and I close. I make on e and he extends a bit. He finally make a mistake and over cooks tha really slippery left hander deep downtown and I come in at speed and tap his left rear and spin him around into the barrier. After viewing the replay MIke thats my bad. I waited a bit for you and then went on thinking you had already been spinning when I touched you but that was not the case. APOLOGIES MIke I should have waited longer!

The Saga of the Ice Cream Kid

The Saga of the Ice Cream Kid – Or How He Earned a Dairy Queen and What He Did With It.

Detroit

I had a clue it was going to be a bad day when I discover that the STCC must not have paid the entrance fee for the event as my Uncle Sam Racing entry was not allowed (as were all STCC cars). It got even worse when I entered practice with a borrowed WTCC 2007 Chevrolet and it’s crew. During my outlap, my graphics card locked up. Rebooting PC took forever. By the time I had everything back up and running, half of the practice session was over.

Now I am back in my borrowed car and on my first outlap I am stuffed hard into the tire barriers at the Foster’s (second Left/Right 90 degree turns) by Robert. Suspension damage, back to the pits for another run.

Second attempt to get some practice in, I am going wide in the turn to Chrysler Drive and Abdul is straight into my rear spinning me around. Get myself straightened out and going again. Now I am on my first timed lap. I am trying to give Matthew plenty of room but I am smacked hard in the right rear at the 2nd Left/Right-90 turns. Out of frustration I end up taking myself out in the barriers in the next opportunity.

Finally got in a couple of laps before practice ends.

Qualified 16th with a very conservative run of 2:05.86

Race 1

Lap 1: Lined up on the inside lane and as the lights go out, there is a major accordion affect up ahead causing slowing moving cars in my lane. I opt to hold my lane and take it easy. That was a good choice as Willie is making a bonsai move from 20th, zigzagging through traffic, threading the needles, swapping paint, sticking his nose into 14th by T1. However by now T1 is clogged. Meanwhile Matthew (having witnessed Willie’s wild ride) pulls a similar kamikaze run from 19th, zigzagging and eventually tapping the inside Armco approaching T1 trying to squeeze by Robert. This pops Matthew out spinning Willie into Paul. However, Paul gets the worse of it as Willie and Matthew get away clean. I end up coming through the mess in 18th.

Robert and Eric are drag racing to T2 and tangle. Yves is conversing with the course workers at the tire barriers at T2. I am able to split Robert and Eric for 16th.

First Left/Right 90 turns to Larned Street, I am hard on the binders early and long as I see carnage and yellow flags ahead. Unfortunately I end up tapping Timothy who gets sideways, but is able to gather it back in. I hold up to let him get going and Philip slips ahead of me.

Lap 2: I am now in my usual lucky 13th position. Eric is pressing me hard.

Lap 3: Cross the line in 12th. I get some breathing room from Eric. Approaching the Foster’s Left/Right 90 turns yellow flags are waving madly. I can only see smoke in the apex (Rhys is just getting going again). I have to adjust my braking and turn in sharper to avoid Rhys. I guess the yellow was no longer showing for Eric as he collects min the rear, turning me around with my nose in the wall (suspension damage). Get clipped lightly by Will as I try to quick 3-point turn to get pointed in the right direction. Not really sure why drivers were still barreling into this turn during the incident as the yellow flags were still waving.

Into the pits for repairs and 2 front tires.

Lap 4: Out of the pits in 19th. Good thing is that there is clear track and hopefully I can get in a few good and clean laps.

Lap 5: Running 18th, but this won’t be for long as Abdul is coming up fast. I finally concede (but only after making him earn the gift).

Lap 6: Running 15th while others are in the pits for their regular stop.

Lap 7 – 8: Running 14th and am starting to get close to Paul Wood, but doubt there is enough time to make anything of it.

Lap 9: Lucky 13th

Lap 10: Finish 13th

Race 2

Start 13th, this time in the outside lane. Drop back to 15th as T1 is stuffed with cars 3 & 4 wide. Will is entering T1 extremely wide as it gets more congested as Robert gets turned around (Yellow Flags Folks --- supposed to mean CAUTION!). I get turned by Willie, who gets a push from John and another bump from Timothy who got a huge assist from Sel. Somehow I gather it back in and soldier on in 15th with minor rear suspension damage. Mange 13th by T3, but braking is off due to the damage.

Lap 2: Slip into 12th as Eric clips the corner and T2. Braking issue is catching up with me as I need brake harder at Foster’s Left/Right 90 Turns for waving yellows. Catch the tire barrier and am collected by John causing severe front damage and a punctured tire. Limping along, but I can’t whoa up enough to miss Eric and tap him off course. Into the pits for major repairs and 2 front tires. Comet out 15th.

Lap 4: 14th

Lap 5: Lucky 13th

Lap 6: 11th and slide into 10th after Paul miscalculates at the first of the 2 sharp left handers.

Lap 7: Radio message to pit. But what do they know, I already did my pit for 2 tires (I had them harping on me before to pit in another race just because they thought I needed fuel to finish the race, but I knew better).

The Ice Cream Kid finally gets his Dairy Queen (DQ’ed – DisQualified). Get back to the pits and the crew explains I pitted on Lap 2 and the pit window didn’t open until Lap 3. DUH! I really had thought it was Lap 3 when I pitted, guess I need to pay more attention to my pit boss next time.

And what the Kid did with his Dairy Queen:

[note: for those not from the states, Dairy Queen is a fast-food drive-in that got it start serving soft-freeze ice cream cones]

Attachments

• icecreamkid2.jpg
    icecreamkid2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 195
[soapbox on]

No names, but I was a bit troubled with some of what I can only call over-aggressive driving (especially on the starts of both races). It also seemed that a lot of drivers were not honoring yellow flags (and there were a ton of them, yellow flags that is).

The starts could have been much better had cooler heads prevailed and fools hadn't rushed in were angels feared to tread. Even with yellows waving, folks rushed into the corners on the 1st lap hoping to make up for their qualification runs. If one wants to exit turn 1 6 to 7 positions ahead of their starting position, they really should have qualified further up the grid. Save the hard driving and racing after the chaos and close running evens out after the 1st few corners on the 1st lap. If you are that talented, you will make your 6 to 7 positions within the first couple of laps and you will not have put others out of the running in the process.

[soapbox off]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline