RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Michel Salvador

great race all

qual 4 th
race 1 :dint battle much finish 4 th

race 2 : omg t1 alot bump here and there sry robert isle for that touch ...finish 4 th .

really great track

thx Eric ,keith ,RD for friday event:)

Qualified 10th I believe. (Forgot already :) ) Not bad for not having too much practice on this track due to some PC problems. This track was definitely a tough one. Toughest one so far that I've raced with you guys. This track wasn't a balls out or pedal to the metal kind of track like Cleveland or some of the others.

Race 1: Had a great battle between Robert Isles and myself for pretty much the remaining laps after pitting. Closed the gap in final 2 laps but just couldn't setup a pass on this tough track. That was great fun thanks for the battle again Robert! :good:

Race 2: Really bad start. Fall back to 15th. End up with aero and suspension damage early in race. Forget to confirm pit stop and takes forever in the pits. But do get out and just run consistent finishing laps to make it respectable.

Need to work on better starts and track awareness. Feel like I'm gaining more pace but real race experience with a full field is what I need and each time I join with you guys every friday night, definitely learn more about my driving and my fellow drivers. Tough track yes, but was a blast racing with you guys as usual.

Congrats to Podium. And to Brandon for overall win! Nicely done! :)

Countdown to ATCC is approaching! :)

Thanks to RD, Eric and Keith for setting up this event.

Also noted thanks for Brandon and Michel for getting me acclimated to the track as I had no idea where to gain time. From running laps by myself with no clue where to go. To taking my lap times down by more than 4 secs. Also that setup for the SEAT was top notch Brandon! Cheers guys! :)

Race 1: Had a great battle between Robert Isles and myself for pretty much the remaining laps after pitting. Closed the gap in final 2 laps but just couldn't setup a pass on this tough track. That was great fun thanks for the battle again Robert! :good:

Yeah that was a great battle... surprised I didn't put it into a wall somewhere was constantly looking in the mirror to see where you were!! :)

Race report later guys.

A quick shout of apology to Willie Watt for that hideous pit exit of mine right in front of you..................... never saw you on the map or in the rear view when I flashed that view.

Sorry man that was my bad.

No probs eric, don;'t even remember. My races were well ruined by that time.

Full race report to come tonight. In the meantime my video of the first lap of each race to set the tone

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBxTIwlcLlw[/ame]

• Bert Van Waes

The times i was still racing were massive fun indeed. :good:

But yeah, thinking about how it only struck my room, before it went through the house and by doing that cutting off the main kill power switch after it hit my pc... my G25 was on there too and my headset too. That's the first thing i threw off my head when the big flash and bang just hit my house.
Coull it be it would go over to me??
Very creepy.

But i'm back to the real world after a bad night, and maybe can sort it out easily. As the technician says it could be only the power wupply to the pc, with it's internal safety insurance being fried, and the rest ok.

Tomorrow around 4 o clock i know more. Wish me luck...:)

• Matt Crouch

Race 1, Wasn't expecting to do well, was at the back here in the league and not a track I like really, but had a good race with a few people, Bjorn, Dan and some more

Race 2 was a bit messy, not helped by the fact that my wheel was unclamped for most of the race. Got a pretty fast start and I hopped through the middle of the row in front. Nearly forgot to break. Good stuff though until my messy couple of laps:
Came off at the last corner paying too much attention to leaving space for the person behind. Hardly left the track but most of the field came flying past, then braked a bit late into Druids and forced Neil wide. Spun it on the grass while letting him past. Next lap in that corner I braked too late again and tapped Nuno out wide, left me in 23rd. :rain: (sorry) :). Otherwise a good race working up again from the back while trying to manage a slidy slidy wheel.
Even if Brands indy is boring it is a good track for racing.

Race 3 was one of my most enjoyable short mini races. Got a decent qualy in 8th and made up some places to 4th, between Bob and Neil. Then the vaughanster came through on his inevitable charge. I normally let him just have the position but I thought I'd try and take this one back as there was a good opportunity :p. Succeeded but then had a bit too much speed for the inside line and dropped it off the outside. Left me in 7th for a very good couple of laps with Akos, before finishing in 5th following the Steve 'n Go nightmares

Good buxtoning

Wow what a way to lose my mini friday virginity!

Race 1:

Did no practise stupidly! so qualified way down in 15th :(
Got a good start and was up to 8th but was tapped by Coldrick, he waited (thanks!) and I was off again. I passed a few people and some people retired and was up to 7th. I passed Lewis and Neil and was 5th. I had a great clean fight with Lewis for ages and when someobdy retired I was given 4th. Neil had passed Lewis and then was right behind me. I was too busy looking in my mirrors and went wide and he passed me. Finished 5th!

Race 2:

Qualified 8th. Got a super start and was up to 5th. Steven Palmer got passed me and I diced with him for a while and finally got passed him. He dropped behind Bob Miley and he was in my mirrors for ages. He tried to outbrake me into turn one and outbraked himself and went wide. I took a normal line to find Buxton in front of me, I had no where to go but into the back of him, he spun into Bob and it was the end of his race unforturnately! I was all on my own in 5th and was slowly closing in Giorgio and Claudio for 4th. Caludio made an error and I got passed him and got the gap to Giorgio down to 3 seconds. However I made a mistake and Claudio got passed me. I quickly caught him but he just finished ahead of me. 5th again!

I left the server to get something to eat but didnt keep track of time and missed the 3rd race (DAMMIT!)

Ah well was great fun!

Thanks to Buxton and Andy for it!

OK this was a pretty hairy event to say the least! But you had to expect it would have its share of contact and DNF's.

Q was really great for me. I was way down the order as I crushed my car in the tire chicane on my outlap! all I am thinking is OK ERIC lets get thru this with out incident and put down a good smooth lap and break into the 2's. WHOOPS! I run a 6 and am deep in the field!

R1 was a pretty scary start! I get a decent start but get jumped by Willie who is just awesome and rolls up 5 spots beautifully before Matt T give him a tap and Willie hits into PAul Wood. I get thru an dRobert Isles is on my inside going down the short staright after the 180. We touch and robert careeens into the barrier and bounces off it and does a DUKES OF HAZZARD 360. He gets going right off and I follow feeling I should wait for him and we lose only one spot!

I am now chasing Michael Carver for many laps and we are lock step battling! HE makes a mistake and I close. I make on e and he extends a bit. He finally make a mistake and over cooks tha really slippery left hander deep downtown and I come in at speed and tap his left rear and spin him around into the barrier. After viewing the replay MIke thats my bad. I waited a bit for you and then went on thinking you had already been spinning when I touched you but that was not the case. APOLOGIES MIke I should have waited longer!

I pass RHYS who is heavily damaged and move into 11th. I make a mistake when running 9th and Will gets past me. We both pit together and I get the BLACK for speeding.

I Serve my SNG and pop out 12th behind Yves! We battle hard and Yves manages to hold 10th from me in the BIMMER. Well done Yves!
Final finish is 11th and I am not exactly pleased as I felt I could have done better but screwed the pooch in the pits yet again!

R2 I am starting 11th and exactkly mid field. Wondering how the first 2 laps will go as its pretty tight around here!
I get jumped by Abdul and Paul so I enter T1 next to Abdul. the cars in front bottle up and make some contact. Paul ,Abdul and Robert are all locked by the door handles on the inside of the straight. I roll around the outside and get past Will. Sorry Will I would have stayed off you but saw the 3 cars all piled and tried to avoid what I thought was the imminent spin of them.

I complete lap 1 in 10th. I get a wicked shutter in the game and punch the armco entering T2! I resume in 15th disappointed but no real damage so lets race! WIll, John and Michael are battling when Michael cooks that slippery left hander deep downtown and the 3 all pile up beyond my sight lines into that turn. I come around at speed and NAIL Michael so hard in the front bumper he is propelled out of the twist up and is pointed correctly. We resume only to have Michael contact me and I slide off next to YUri! what ya doing there Yuri? LOL

I resume chasing Sel. I catch him and get a really good run on him off the very sharp left leading to the tunnel. We touch twice and I do a 720. I get going to reume the chase and am disappointed to see Sel continue on. Its a toss up about him stopping to wait as we are very close together with me on the inside having position and a fender ahead. BUt its really to close to call so no blood Sel.

I Pass Sel a short while later off the T4 sweeper complex and set my sights on Will> he pits on lap 4 giving me 9th for now. I try to catch Matt T who exits the pits but he's not having it. I narrowly avoid Willie and another Seat bunched up on a corner to resume my in lap for the pits.

I pit fantastically and come out in 6th! I check the track map and look rearwards and don't see anyone. I cut into the line and scare the CRAP outa Willie! He slides straight off into the tires and has terminal damage. I wait quite a bit and realize he's done and I resume in 9th behind Paul. I chase him and he goes off unasisted at the downtown lefty. surprised that barrier survived the race the way it got pounded!

I chase Glenn and close the gap for 7th. I am driving faster but using up the rear tires and cannot get him to make a mistake in the end. Well done Glenn!

Finish 8th and I am shot!

I thought the racing was really good in this very unforgiving track guys!

thanks RD and Eric and Keith!

• Matt Crouch

The amazing clamping system in action. It took me 4 hours to attach when I got it. Can't actually put it on the stand without a chunk of wood, which I had to clamp separately with two ratchet clamps and some blu tac. And the two "quick (read: unexpectedly) release" clamps don't close round the bolt in the middle as they're too close together, so it takes careful manoeuvring to get it on.

Attachments

• 18082009068.jpg
    18082009068.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 29082009069.jpg
    29082009069.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 188
  • 29082009070.jpg
    29082009070.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 29082009071.jpg
    29082009071.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Andrew Evans

hail to buxton! nice work sir... got done by the startline bug in the first race... invisible car spun me round-a-round.... the other two races are just a blur - as noted i was ever so slightly toasted.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%