rF2 Wednesday September 2nd 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Elkhart Lake

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good race guys.

Warm up lap went good for me at the front of the grid. Also the second time. :wink2:

To bad i changed me settings just before the race. Was losing some straight line speed. :sad:. Won't do that again any soon.

Had a little battle with Mtommi but he was pulling away on the straights.
After that i had a very nice battle with Ben Ling. Awesome to battle him through the backmarkers. I had a big smile on my face. But suddenly i saw in the bottom left corner that Ben left the game. I was thinking by myself "thats weird he is just in front of me" but when i looked up i saw his car disappear. To bad. :sad:

Was planning a pitstsop at 35 min for a splash and dash. So i enter the pits. Checked everything (also any damage) but when i made my pitstop the game decided to fix "rear dif" i didn't see that one before and i also couldn't cancel it in the pit menu. That screwed up my pits strategy. :sad:. After that normal laps. But 3 laps before the end i saw Lee Ward exiting the pits in front of me and he was P5. Had a little battle to couldn't get close to challenge him. So ended 6th.

Lapping the "slower" cars went outstanding. One of the best lapping in the last couple of races. Great job and i hope i did the same. :)

Thanks for racing guys and see ya next time.

Edit: Had no lag in the race. Only one Euskadi was lagging for me. But that stopped after on lap. To bad we had the "Donington" problem again. With the change of sessions.

Yes, thank you Ivo, very nice battle with you! Unfortunately, I lost connection......otherwise we may have more fun.

you guys could just watch your lap timer in the cockpit. Once it starts ticking the lights are green and you can go. makes things a little easier then having to jump back and forth between views.

was a mostly uneventful race for me. I guess Amir and Richard we're running with soft or medium tyres in practice as the entire field seemed to back up to my pace for the race. I seemed to have the pace to catch and/or pass each of them early on but they both had a couple moments and I never got the chance to really play, maybe next time. after that I was just messing with fuel mixs and saving tyres and it seemed to work. I didn't have to pit but with such a big lead I figured I might as well and not risk it.

lap traffic for the most part was great and left plenty of room. had a couple of close calls with people jumping offline to get out of the way but had actually jumped right to where I was. no harm no foul though :) grats to the other winners and I'll catch you guys next time

I was suffering frame rate problems averaging 30 dont know what happened right after practice server went weird....I could have gone much quicker but after lap 1 I damaged my car so bad that it wouldn't go in straight line anymore had to hold the wheel 30 degrees to the right...I refused to pit to repair since it would mean race over...not to say you didn't run very consistent lap times grats

Qualify time on last night

2ahta48.jpg

• Lee Ward

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed my first race with RD.

Decided to enter this race in order to collect some data in preparation for the RD Le Mans Series race here. Went with the default setup, a full fuel tank and the super soft tyres to see how things panned out.

The race was excellent. Driving standards, as far as I could see, were very good, especially by the cars being lapped. As someone who tends to get lapped a lot, I know how difficult it can be. Excellent job by all of you. Not sure whether I'll be able to make any of the other Racing Club races, but I'll definetly try.

• Brad Johnson

Well that was fun, and one more lap, I would of had you Hannu. You had 1litre left, i had 13 litres left, could of had you easily!

I just played it safe, ran hard tyres and just wanted to see what the C65 would do overall. I found with a full tank the car was much more understeery than i expected, so back to the drawing board with the setup.

And well done to Matt on his first RD Event and win.

I had a good race.

Qual went fine, tried some different setups in practice, got pole in qual in GT2. I was in between a few GT1's which probably had some probs during qual.

Race: 1st formation lap didn't go very smooth, had to do a restart. When the race was go I let the GT1's that quallied behind me pass. I was able to follow and drive my own race mostly.

I noticed I gained like 1,5-2 secs a lap on the 2nd placed GT2, but I knew I couldnt finish the race without a pitstop for fuel. So I kept going, tyres lasted nicely and about 10min before the race ended I pitted and went for fuel and also took tyres. I saw Jeffrey taking the lead, but I knew on fresh tyres I should be able to catch him these last laps, I did and passed him for the lead and brought the win home :glasses-cool:.

I had a good evening, learned something more about the setups on the GT2 Porsche, car felt good, though when it got dark I felt the lights on the car could've been more bright, on Bahrain while back, I felt the lights on the Porsche GT2 were a bit faint aswell.

Faster cars were doing safe lapping, so I didn't have problems getting lapped which was nice :good:. Grats to class winners :)

Thanks for hosting RD! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years