RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Good racing, but once again let down by a certain Mr. R.Branson.

Race 1: - Qualified 3rd. Had an OK start, not brilliant though, had a good yet scrappy battle with Lewis Fergusson. Got 3rd after he made a mistake, and stayed there until the finish.

Race 2: - Started 6th, had bad lag problems so stayed out of everyone's way until it was alright. Went down to about 10th, fought my way up to 6th, having a good battle with Dario Jagar, until a bit of very bad lag made me spin out at the first chicane into the wall. Damage + lag = retirement. Never mind.

wasnt really sure till it was too late will I drive Alfa or BMW
Alfa felt good and easy to drive but could not make better time then 2.04.xx
Tried BMW and fighted with setup a lot, just does not feel good enough
for sure will like to try somebodies elses setup

anyway enough wining, had a good battle with Ulli in first race and with Dan in second race

:thanks: Yves, RD

Cool event! Thought that going from GTL to GTRE should be taken one step at a time, so I wanted to check out this 80s event :)

Race 1: Quali wasn't too bad, but once in the grid, I was waiting for this "3....2...1... GOOOO" as I know it from GT Legends! But it didn't come! So, I had a late start in need to catch up with the field. There were a couple of nice battles but I can't remember who they were with :( . This race I finished 9th.

Race 2: Again, the green light came out of the blue and again I was surprised by all the cars taking off again ;)
Lousy racing on my side. Passed the Red Bull Beemer, Yves I think, and at one point, I wanted to let him pass, but all the sudden I saw him spinning in my rv mirror. I don't know if I had touched you causing you to spin, but I waited any ways... so.. sorry for that if I caused it!
Lap times had gotten worse and worse and I tried to at least improve the lap time as I was racing all by myself. But without any success.

Why is it, that SimBin uses a different terminology in GTL, GTR(2) and GTRe??? I am used to the GTL and GTR setup layout differences, but this one is different again !!!

Congrats to the winners !

Came into quali with 25 mins left, sorted a setup out and astonished myself by going P4 on my last lap.

Got a good start on race 1, up to 3rd, tried an ambitious round the outside of Gary attempt at turn 2 which I had to back off as I got a bit too close.
Had a nice battle with Dan, which got a bit messy from time to time due to his lag which was no ones fault really.
Was holding onto P3, until it all went wrong and I ended up in a black hole.

Thought I had no chance for race 2, but got a start which I haven't managed for ages from 12th to 7th by turn 2.
Fought my way up to 2nd and pushed as I hard as I could to get the gap down from Gary but tyres went after a while so that wasn't going to happen.
Had a last lap scare from Amir catching me but held onto 2nd.

Pretty pleased with that, thanks for event and the racing. :good:

fun event, thanks for everybody that was present :clap:

Qualy: took P1 1,1 sec faster then Gary who was P2.

Race 1: in short flawless race fromt the start to finish.

Race 2: thats a different story, i was cautious the first part of the lap and was about 8th i think when coming at the braking on the back straight ( downhill ) when i misjudge the braking of the car ahead and almost played bowling with the guy's infront of me, sorry guy's for the mess. from there made some more mistake and tapped Bob, sorry mate and Ulli i spunned all by myself. after a while i cooled down and was able to move upward and finished 4th.

Race one was a very hopeless forlorn chase on Yves,each little mistake made the gap jump badly,more than one scary loss of backend moments made me have to back off to survive.
Setup tweaks for race 2 and a good old scalded cat start combined with the rub of green luck added to that all guys ahead left me more than enough room for some passes so early progress was swift,a lovely 3 wide run down the big hill with Peter and a red Alfa was nice and managed to drive down the middle and have the lead for the hairpin and then really got to enjoy my setup changes with a now much more secure feeling Bimmer with no near death moments.
Well done everyone :good:.

Thank You Yves and RD :good:.

It was really fun! Thanks Yves and guys for this great evening!

The track and the car was totally new for me, so I spent the whole time with learning the track, and tried to make a handy setup. The brake system was very strange to me, sometimes it locked the wheels, sometimes it was very weak, and I couldn't find the solution for it. I shouted often "Oooooooo please, stop for meeee!!!"

The races were eventful, I had great fights. The start of the 2nd race was awesome, jumped from P3 to P1. Then I made some little mistake, so I tried to leave enough room for the faster guys behind me to pass. At the end of the downhill, somebody flew into my car, so dropped down to P10.

On the whole I finished P7, which is not too bad for the first time, but I hope I can improve my skills, and can be more competitive. (Have to learn much.)

See you next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back