• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Wednesday October 21st - WTCC 07 @ AMS Renault Test Track

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefan Beemsterboer

Stefan Beemsterboer

Ratings:
    +25
    Welldone Yves, that was a good race and a beautiful track.

Qual was good, i couldn't do better than that. Place 10 on the grid.

1st Race, was a bad start. i don't know what happend, but it was a weird one.
    From place 10 to 7 for a couple of laps, racing behind marius (you drove Nicolas off the track, mate) And than it happend, i've got no fuel enough...in the last lap....ARGGGG! But there is Rob helping me over the finishline. Great job mate.

2 race is always harder/ruf. From place 20 to place 11 and had a great battle with Nick and Ross. Nick you realy can close the door very well....whahahhaaha! Next time i take the otherside........

thx for the race and battle

2. Stefan Beemsterboer

Stefan Beemsterboer

Ratings:
    +25

WHAAT, that many! youre a raceholic.

3. Rob Goldthorpe

Rob Goldthorpe
    Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    No problem :lol: I thought why not :messed:

If you noticed I stopped pushing so I could cross the line first :th_sur:

4. Matt Hunt

Matt Hunt

Ratings:
    +22
    Great event

Quals 5th

R1: Epic bad start, messed my gearing up, Hence slowing up my team m8 Neil,. Then just settled into a pace with Mark Guy all over me once again for about every lap, I think Mark was picking his moment seeing I was having tyre problems. Dropped a place to Mark and had a close fight with him to the end. P5. “Awesome racing Mark a pleasure as always”

R2: Started P5. Had a pretty good start and was trying to get past Nico into T1 & T2 but he held the line, But then coming over the hill I had the run @ Yves & Nico but was very boxed in, was thinking OK! This is going 2 ways, I commit or back out! So I go for it and " Beep beep this could be Hunt the shunt lol" I out brake both Yves & Nico placing me P1. Then came a work out like no other, it was clear where the Honda's weak spots was so I just had to push where I could and just defend to the best of my ability and as clean as possible. Well this turned out to be every lap lol. And it seemed every lap I had a different guy in my mirror i.e.. Yves / Nico/ Seb who raced me harder then I've every raced. Led the race for the first 10 laps and was under immense pressure the whole way, But lap 10 the car nor I had any more to give and Seb nailed me in the braking zone hanging me out to dry, “Great move”

I think I had the widest car today and hope I raced with you all as fair as you raced me.. Big Thanks to Mark / Yves/ Nico/ Seb. It's awesome to race with guys that race hard and fair and make me work for it lol Thanks gents

Q: P5
    R1: P5
    R2: Led for 10 laps. P2

Big thank you to Yves & RD. See you next week gents :woot:

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,916
    The results wouldn't show it but I did have a great time!

I couldn't believe I was second to last in qualifying, really! Everyone really had some speed, I just never got faster.

I was haviong a great race with hris, Ross and Rich until the PC froze, I got back in 20 seconds later using alt/tab but everyone had gone but Rob and Chris, we did the best we could to the finish.

Second race I just kept getting bumped, to a stop twice but none of it was intentional and I really just happened to be in the wrong places. Passed by Chris, as speed came back I passed him and went off. Then I realized I'd never catch the guy ahead of me so I slowed for Chris. We had a lot of fun till Freddie went off and joined us, it then became work!

This track is great for close racing, I had a lot, even making attempts to pass and pulling them off for the first time in RD races.

Rob is right, Rich Trantor is all over the place, bad keyboard or just looking in the mirrors too much. He doesn't drive "lines"! Rich Maybe you're driving too defensively[?], let it go, drive to stay on the line, not driving to have to regain it.

Thanks Yves and RD for the event!!!

6. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer
    Unlicensed Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fairly new to the world of SIM racing m8, and always been real competitive when it comes to gaming. If i'm gonna have a go at this "e'sport" then I'm going to do my best not to suk at it! (so far i've had mixed results) :)

7. Emil Sällberg

Emil Sällberg

Ratings:
    +28
    Well. This was a bit of a palaver really. About five minutes before practice starts I remember this event. Downloaded the track and did a decent qualifying. I think I was seventh or something.

The first race started of just fine. Went in to battle with the Hondas and then in to the first corner a Honda pulled up alongside. I got a little touch, by no means intentional. I think there might have been a bit of lag as well. The server was a bit iffy tonight. Ended up in the barriers and that was that.

Started the second race in 21st. P12 by the second lap. In these situations I always try to finish atleast eighth to get a "point". I got so close to it on the last lap but touched a curb a bit to much and the back end stepped out, I lost about a second, and my hope for points was gone. That was until I saw Slater pull in to the pits for some reason. So I got my point anyway. :)

I also have to mention Tranter. That was some nasty blocking from you a few times.

Bauer: That is the way to do it. There is no other way except being extremely talented. I think that we've all been there at some point. It does pay off though, it really does. Just keep it up. :)

8. Rich Tranter

Rich Tranter

Ratings:
    +0
    Have to say I enjoyed the first race. Qualified dead last and managed to move up as high as 12th with other guys screwing each other up before slipping back to 15th as the faster guys caught me up.

In race 2 I started 15th and due to the faster guys up front all deciding to have a mare found myself 10th and very very out of place. I'd like to say I enjoyed this part of the race but it became quite frustrating very quickly with the impatient faster guys swarming all over me.

I'll agree there was a lot of mirror watching going on out of paranoia when an Alfa and BMW squeezed me into turn one and turned me into a sandwich that they both came off worst in. After that I was constantly looking behind me and reacting to where cars were going, not intentionally blocking but to give them space if they got a run on me and got along side. The only place it could be said I blocked was after the straights into the slow right handers where I took the inside line. Other than that i just took my line how I saw fit and turned in and braked as I wanted to.

9. Nick Deeley

Nick Deeley

Ratings:
    +43
    hehe, i try my best, but when your a slower driver, and get promoted after first lap incidents, that leaves faster drivers coming up behind. Gives me plenty of practise at making my car as wide as possible :D

I think i left just about enough room on the inside, but perhaps not that time on the last lap :p Maybe enough to trick you into trying it, but it kinda backfired as we both suffered. Never mind :)

10. Thomas Laskowski

Thomas Laskowski

Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys,
    first I wanne say thank you Yves, Racedepartment and all for the nice race, it was my first one on RD, and I really enjoyed it. :bang:

Quali was good, fast and very close, nothing more to say about that.

Race 1 I got a normal start and could defend my position, then in lap 3, in the middle of a corner, bad antivir switched me on desktop, lol. But I could make it back to the track, lost 5-6sec and 2 places. Dont know if I would make it without that, because Sebastien and Yves doing very fast too....

Race 2 was a little chaotic, started at 6 and dicided me to the wrong inside line in the first corner, that was wrong :) after 2 lap I was P17 and got a susspession damage. Sorry Mark that I drive into the side of your Honda, couldn't make it trought any more (1st lap, second corner).

Both races were a little unlucky for me, but I got my fun, and that is just racing. THX ALL and see you on track ;)

my fastest laps
    Q: P1 1-34-424
    R1: P3 1-35-199
    R2: P10 1-36-682

PS: sorry for my bad english

11. Freddie Besems

Freddie Besems

Ratings:
    +21
    Instead of Antivir im using now Avast virusscanner, also a free edition.

you wont be bothered anymore with updates during gamesessions. So no black screens anymore etc.

12. Thomas Laskowski

Thomas Laskowski

Ratings:
    +0
    In Antivir you cant make it off or I dont know how. I tried to update it before the event, but it didnt work, no connection to the server.

thanks Freddie, I will try it.

13. Matt Hunt

Matt Hunt

Ratings:
    +22
    I turn everything off! nothing worse than being tabbed back to desktop or the black screen of death while in a race.

14. Rick Hurst

Rick Hurst

Ratings:
    +0
    gamebooster works good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.