RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

guys, we've been driving these cars for a while now and i think we can all agree that the level of simulation presented in this game, in this car in particular, is nothing short of farcical...

i have actually driven a mini cooper s in real life and it is nothing like the way it's been presented in the game... i have no idea what the simbin developers thought they were doing or what data or experience they based the car on - but i can only firmly assume that illegal substances were consumed at great length and accuracy was only a secondary consideration - at best....

therefore, i am proposing an updated version of the car to include the following features:

* extra ffb tweaks for more realistic turning response
* more tyre smoke in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears (maybe 4th :debate: )
* increased bling on left-hand corners
* copying the grill lights from Austin Mini Cooper Racing on the PS2
* add motion blur and bloom effects whilst parked in the garage

with these changes i think we'll then be able to turn this arcade racing game into a true simulation - probably the equal of rfactor - if not, surpassing it...

i can't believe simbin would release this game pre-nerfed to pander to all those racers out there with no skill... but thankfully i am able to undo all these horrific gameplay decisions with my trusty xml editing abilities...

if you fancy racing this on friday, please let me know and i'm happy to release v3.77 - i absolutely promise that this is entirely all my own work and there's no way on earth i just took someone elses half-assed mod and repackaged it with my name on it.

or my name is not robert j goldthorpe.

:sidefrown:

Hm... sometimes my english isn't good enough to get the whole sence.

So are we going to use a more "realistic" update built by you?

I want to sign up, and please do so, but now i'm a bit confused if it will be the same thing like the other mini events i took place in.

• Andrew Evans

i know man, i'm verging on being the worst poaster.... but the truth is i like loud music and indie chicks better - i just can't get it all in my custom title....

I want to sign up, and please do so, but now i'm a bit confused if it will be the same thing like the other mini events i took place in.

If you ask me, it will never be again as it used to be....

The guys here just use the sign up thread for .... 'something else' might be the most appropriate description :).

Only annoying thing for us 'normal' users.... we have to read through this all to see whether there is anything of 'value' in between.

But let the kids have their fun :D!

(And if you ask me the Andrew post does not belong to the 'value' things :) )

If you ask me, it will never be again as it used to be....

The guys here just use the sign up thread for .... 'something else' might be the most appropriate description :).

Only annoying thing for us 'normal' users.... we have to read through this all to see whether there is anything of 'value' in between.

But let the kids have their fun :D!

(And if you ask me the Andrew post does not belong to the 'value' things :) )

Ahh ok, thank you!

But it's still a mini event as ever, with hopefully serious driving?

I mean the RD rules are also respected here, right? I have no problem with fun in a forum, but preparing for a race with more than 1 hour race time, i don't want to be pushed off the track with the argument: "oops sorry, but it's a funny mini event, don't take it too seroiuse!"

You know what i mean?

Fun is ok but clean driving is a basic, i think!:dance2:

Ahh ok, thank you!

But it's still a mini event as ever, with hopefully serious driving?

I mean the RD rules are also respected here, right? I have no problem with fun in a forum, but preparing for a race with more than 1 hour race time, i don't want to be pushed off the track with the argument: "oops sorry, but it's a funny mini event, don't take it too seroiuse!"

You know what i mean?

Fun is ok but clean driving is a basic, i think!:dance2:

yes m8, the serious stuff is for the track this forum humor is to help releve the stress from a hard weeks work :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back