RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist:
During signup you can request your favorite car. Every team/driver combo is only allowed once. If more than 22 drivers signup, we can use T-Cars also.

Cars available on each event:

• Patrick van Driel (Car 1 | Scuderia Marlboro Ferrari - Kimi Raikkonen)
  • Daniel Plaikner (Car 2 | Scuderia Marlboro Ferrari - Felipe Massa)
  • <Driver> (Car 3 | BMW Sauber F1 Team - Nick Heidfeld)
  • Göran Kraft (Car 4 | BMW Sauber F1 Team - Robert Kubica)
  • <Driver> (Car 5 | ING Renault F1 - Fernando Alonso)
  • <Driver> (Car 6 | ING Renault F1 - Nelson Piquet)
  • Ingemar Petersson (Car 7 | Williams F1 Team - Nico Rosberg)
  • <Driver> (Car 8 | Williams F1 Team - Kazuki Nakajima)
  • Ramon van Rijn (Car 9 | Red Bull Racing - David Coulthard)
  • Roy Stevens (Car 10 | Red Bull Racing - Mark Webber)
  • <Driver> (Car 11 | Panasonic Toyota - Jarno Trulli)
  • <Driver> (Car 12 | Panasonic Toyota - Timo Glock)
  • <Driver> (Car 14 | Scuderia Toro Rosso - Sebastien Bourdais)
  • <Driver> (Car 15 | Scuderia Toro Rosso - Sebastian Vettel)
  • Robert Maytum (Car 16 | Honda Racing F1 Team - Jenson Button)
  • <Driver> (Car 17 | Honda Racing F1 Team - Rubens Barrichello)
  • <Driver> (Car 18 | Super Aguri Formula 1 - Takuma Sato)
  • <Driver> (Car 19 | Super Aguri Formula 1 - Anthony Davidson)
  • <Driver> (Car 20 | Force India F1 Team - Adrian Sutil)
  • <Driver> (Car 21 | Force India F1 Team - Giancarlo Fisichella)
  • Steve Parker (Car 22 | Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton)
  • Ivor Topley (Car 23 | Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - Heikki Kovalainen)
T-Cars:

• <Driver> (T-Car | Scuderia Marlboro Ferrari - Luca Badoer)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | BMW Sauber F1 Team - Christian Klien)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | ING Renault F1 - Lucas Di Grassi)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Williams F1 Team - Nico Hulkenberg)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Red Bull Racing - Sebastien Buemi)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Panasonic Toyota - Kamui Kobayashi)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Scuderia Toro Rosso - Brendon Hartley)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Honda Racing F1 Team - Alexander Wurz)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Super Aguri Formula 1 - Sakon Yamamoto)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Force India F1 Team - Vitantonio Liuzzi)
  • <Driver> (T-Car | Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - Pedro De La Rosa)
Safety Car:

• Ben Tusting (Bernd Maylander)

This will be my first RD event, getting very excited for it, but I have a few questions about it. Am I required to download an install skins other users are using? I don't mind doing it, I just want to know if there would be issues If I were missing a skin come race night.

Other than that I'm really looking forward to my first RD event and hope to see many more. I've been practicing both hotlapping the track and doing a few races against AI to try and get an idea of passing opportunities and how to leave room in the corners for other cars when necessary. Do you have any other tips to help prepare for a race on an unfamiliar track?

Look forward to racing with you guys on wednesday!

• Rafael Pestana

Guys, unfortunately I'll have to pull out. My internet is very unstable, oscillating between 120 and 900 kbps randomly, and I'm afraid I'll spoil everyone's race if I join with too much lag.

I'm very pissed off, I called my ISP and they told me they're facing technical problems. I couldn't even download v1.2 of the mod yet. I complained a lot to them, but to no avail.

Nest week I'll sign a new ISP and hope that I can join another race.

Sorry for the trouble Eric, I'm very angry at my ISP, but I don't want to spoil everyone's race.

Gregory Degreef was down to 1:55.7 in quali!!!!!

He uploaded his setup under 2008 Mercedes. I tried his and it was super stable, and near perfect.

I ran a 1:56.8 in quali session.

Should be some good racing tonite and a full field. This track is wicked cause there is alot of overtaking spots.

See you all tonite.

Keith

Finally found some time to site down and do my race reviews:rotfl:.

Limerock Park:

Qual 6th. Good start from the grid saw me gain a place and a upto 4th as Ryan let us go by. At the start of lap 2 the car running 3rd ran wide onto the grass handing me 3rd. Then set out in pursuit of Dan and Rob at the front. They were having a good battle as I closed up to the back of them. Dan then was slow out of t4 and as I tried to go past he accidentally ran me onto the grass, but as soon as he realised I was there he slowed and allowed me to take the place (Thanks Dan). I soon made an error of my own and Dan pounced to regain 2nd. Then shortly after his car froze and I drove through it:excruciating: which gave me heart failure!! Then I set on closing to the back of Robs car. Though I was quicker in the first few corners he was quicker than me at the end of the lap so it was pretty even. He kept the car solidly on the racing line and there was no way of even trying a move for 1st. Gr8 racing from both Rob and Dan:good:.

Birmingham GP:

Qual 10th. I was pretty happy with 10th as this was the only one of the three tracks that I wasn't familiar with prior to practice. Took quite a few laps to get the track into my head, but by qualifying I was just trying to find the cars limits. Another good start and some decent overtaking saw me upto 3rd, but an error dropped me to 5th just ahead of a 4 car battle. I then made a mistake at the chicane bashing the tires on the inside and this dropped me to 9th. I managed to close on 8th placed Kennett and he was not far behind the other 3. Managed to get past Kennett and catch 7th, but Kennett had kept with me and as I tried a pass for 7th he surprised me and caught me around the outside and took 8th back off me. We managed an excellent battle for a while and eventually brought the car home in 8th place and pretty satisfied with that:wink2:.

Donington National:

Qual 4th. Though I'd not driven the Mini's at this is track I've driven around it a lot so I was comfortable I'd work out the Mini's pace quickly. Another solid start from the grid and battle commenced for 2nd. Ryan, Rob, Dan and Myself shapping up for a good race. Whilst running 3rd to Rob, Ryan made a dive at the final chicane and I made sure I left room, but didn't expect a little shove from Dan as well, but I managed to catch the slide and not go off. I then watched a mega battle between Rob and Ryan for 2nd as I closed in on them. Ryan eventually got by Rob after an amazing side by side battle. I thought I'd fancy a bit of the action and once I caught Rob I wasn't dissapointed:). Rob held me off for a few laps until he got a little wide allowing me past. Though this was not to be as simple as getting my head down as I would of hoped as Rob had no intention of letting me wonder off with 3rd. He stayed glued to my back bumper for the remainder of the race. He managed to get by or along side me a few times after the Old Hairpin, but fortunately after there I seemed to be able to hold him off or regain position each time b4 the back straight. He was also all over me everytime we came out of the final chicane and I had to cover or stay wide on the outside most laps to keep him behind. We even managed an exciting side by side battle through the first half of one lap which was pretty intense. Then on the last lap I ran wide at the Old Hairpin and he nipped past, but entering the corner onto the back straight I managed to get inside of him and we had a drag race all the way down to the chicane where I managed to outbrake him and keep it tidy on the exit and snatch back 3rd to finish off one of the most exciting races I've had so far:victory:.

Big thanks to Rob, Ryan and Dan for some gr8 racing and to RD for giving us this gr8 community:wink2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%