RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That was quick. I had a bad feeling about this race. Really buggy track. I had a decent start. But at 3/4 of the lap my car was feeling weird, and i a little touch with the wall. And my car was only going 120 Kph. Ended up in the pits and that doesn't worked either. At the ended of the pits it was driving 120 only again and the brakes didn' worked either, so i had to back out. I have always problems at Spa. :angry:. First race i didn't finish at RD.

well i conclude that i am very slow in my GT Pro, not even keeping pace with the GTS so far (from times in the forum) so I figure I'm gonna stay safe, drive at my own pace and make sure I finish with 4 wheels still on my car.

By the way, I find the DB9 much much much easier to drive than the audi so I'm swapping to the AM. Skin to follow in the usual George Cross colours :D

I got a good start, slotted nicely behind a string of traffic at eau rouge, then for no apparent reason spun! I charged back put lost it at rivage, did some major damage (sorry to the leaders who weren't expecting to lap a car so early!) went to the pits, my steering seemed buggered even afterwards, sped in the pits so went for a stop go penalty.

Car now seemingly fixed, but steering is awful and pulling to one side, downshift gears a bit intermittent (an old Logitech PS2 wheel), went for another pitstop. Sat there in the pits unplugging my wheel, plugging it back in again, so joy. Quit to garage to look at my set up, and seemingly quite the race :( Gutted at my first effort!

Took a look at the replay-I got a bit of grass and that threw me around - well done to the guys who all missed me and sorry for screwing up on my first corner ever in sim racing!

I know ,somebody told me about the last enduro event and yes,6 or 7 could finish the race,but i am still hoping that in this race will finish more drivers.:)
The low number of finishers really wasn't due to people crashing out though. It was mostly mechanical and technical problems. Also had a few people give up half way through due to exhaustion. I can only recall one DNF due to a crash, which was Rhys in the very early stages of the race.

I have been running all of my tests at 100% damage and have yet to crash out. This event will require drivers to go at their own pace. You will have to concentrate on your lines more than usual and make sure you learn the track in its entirety best you can before the race.

I think we should be fine, and we all gain more and more experience at these sort of events, I am sure we will start to see the number of finishers go up.

well i conclude that i am very slow in my GT Pro, not even keeping pace with the GTS so far (from times in the forum) so I figure I'm gonna stay safe, drive at my own pace and make sure I finish with 4 wheels still on my car.

By the way, I find the DB9 much much much easier to drive than the audi so I'm swapping to the AM. Skin to follow in the usual George Cross colours :D
Just concentrate on your lines and keep practicing. You have got to be smooth around here. Don't worry about lap times so much and just keep practicing. As you learn the track more and more your lap times will start to drop naturally. :)

Personally I love the Audi around here, but the Astin is fun too. I approve of any choice you make that is not a Vette. :p

I got a good start, slotted nicely behind a string of traffic at eau rouge, then for no apparent reason spun! I charged back put lost it at rivage, did some major damage (sorry to the leaders who weren't expecting to lap a car so early!)

You don't need to drive on the grass when being lapped, just move offline and whoever is behind will find their way past :)

Good race, won it with my team mate Olly in second, still love the extremes too much :p

Tonight was fantastic and more of these would be great. Started 14th out of 16 and stayed out of the way of any trouble. Took it nice and steady for the first 2 laps then started pushing and was safely in 4th by half way. It was a lonely race then but just loved it.

Shocked that there was only 16 racers after so much interest.

Thanks Bram and RD for a quality combo over a nice time limit.

Good race. Made a couple of mistakes so I was by myself in second for most of it. On my second pit stop I decided to put it in 6th to save some fuel... Bad idea because the pits went downhill and I was then going 40mph... stop 'n' go. Did that and exited about 8 seconds ahead of Thierry Marchand who closed me in. I didn't change my tires on the second stop and I think Thierry did so he caught me up quickly over the last 2 laps, down to 1 second over the finish line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%