• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Wednesday June 24th - Mini @ Mondello Park Short

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,968
    What a race! I'm so happy that i participated even that time here was 04:23 when the races finally ended..

I was content with 8th place finish in the 1st race. Had a good battle with Yuri but as a result tire temps were raising so had to back of. But that meant the horrifying pole position to race 2...:moneymouth: I'm so used to be at best in midpack that leading a race is not my territory. How do you brake to first corner so that you don't cause mayhem but still can keep the lead.. Very much a new thing for me.

2nd Race: Took a reasonable start. I did manage to choose my braking so that those behind didn't have to do anything drastic. And i kept the lead for a whole lap! Yuhuu me!In the second lap i think Yuri? tapped me sideways and i lost the lead but he waited. Continued on the second place but the faster cars were cathing up quickly. The inevitable happened and fourth place was a good place to drive. Marty was a few seconds behind, cathing but now i didn't have to defend and tires loved that. He did catch me eventually and we had an amazing battle for the fourth position. After he passed the battle continued but i couldn't overtake him, only force him to defend and slowing him down because of it. Then Arian was cathing up to us and i eased of so that the we could both pick up the pace. But now two laps after that Marty made a mistake and i was right on his tale again. Arian did manage to catch me by the penultimate lap and tried to overtake on the last lap, last corner. Tapped me sideways but waited. With out the tap he would've overtook me in the next straight as i was going a little wide in there anyway..:soldier: Finished 5th. Best one yet!

2. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Great race report Kenneth and I really enjoyed the battle with you thanks. I will write report later.

3. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Kennett, thanks for the wicked report. I am glad you enjoyed yourself tonite. You are welcome to race with us anytime buddy. Every Wednesday, and Friday we have about the same group of guys racing. Sunday events are also fun, and start a littler earlier for you :):good::good:

Hope to see you on the grid with us again soon.:good::good:

Keith

4. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Kennett, another "report guy" like João!!!! Nice report again, like the one from monaday at Nord... :)

I'm not gonna do a report this time :( (too late here), but I'm sure gonna thank Eric and RD for the event!!!! :)

Thx also to the guys who are making a special effort to run these US events, Keith specially.

But about friday, don't you guys think a longer version of the track would be better for the S2000??? I'm really starting to worry about friday... This track is too short and too tight!!! Let's get at least the National version!!!! :)

EDIT:
    Ok, a little report. :)

Quali: 3th or 5th
    Nice quali. Was I 3rd or 5th? I can't remember now... :)

Race1: 6th
    Well, started good, had a hard break in T1, Eric tapped Keith and I tapped Eric. :( Sorry, Eric. I went to last and started to climb. At some point I was 5th and Yves 6th. He passed me and we battled for a few laps, I made a mistake and stayed in 6th till the end.

Race2: 6th
    Started at 3rd and went on untill the last turn. I made a mistake and tapped Kennett, I think. I can't remember. So so so sorry to whoever that was. I went to last again and climbed up again till I got the 6th place. Managed to decrease the gap as Kennett said, tapped him in the last turn in the last lap, but we could still mantain our positions and I finished 6th again. :)

Overal: 5th
    Nice result!!! :)

Cya friday, mates!!!

5. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    I tend to agree Aritan but its probably not up for vote at this point.

6. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    Yup Kenneth nice report :).
    And sorry for tapping you sideways. As is sayed in my somekind of report. I tried to take the lead early. Because of the battle of the first race i knew i could be faster in some sections.

7. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, I know... :disapointed:

8. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Quali 5th

Race 1
    Made a good start avoiding the carnage in turn 1 to come out around 3rd. Found myself chasing Ben and Keith for most of the race. I got close a couple times when they were banging door handles but never got close enough to challenge. Came in a lonely but satisfied 3rd place. Many fast guys in the race tonight as shown in the Quali times.

Race 2
    Made another good start but got banged around a little in the Early laps and had to work m way forward from 7th. Very aggressive racing and kind of fun. I hope I didn't upset any one around me as I was one also on the aggressive side. Had terrific fights with Yuri, Aritan and Keneth for 4th, 5th and 6th. Near the end I closed up on kenneth in 4th and worked every angle over several laps to finally get a pass to stick. He then gave me lots of pressure trying to get back by. Aritan closed the gap to us in the final lap but the order stayed the same.

Very hard faught and clean battle all the way to the finish. Fun race finished 4th and 3rd overall tied with Brandon. Grats to Ben and Keith who were a step above tonight.

9. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    well this was another adventure for me. I love MINI racing as the cars are fun to drive and the field can be very competitive through the whole grid.

Quali went waaaay beyond expectation for me. I had a setup in the car that kept tires in excellent temps on the long run for the race. I dropped the fronts to 24.8 PSI and rears at 25.8. Went out and stuck a FLYER 38.245 for temporary POLE over Marty, BRandon and Keith! but then some sniper from across the pond rips a lap and snatched pole with 2 minutes reamaining. Who is BEN "TUSTO" TUSTING anyway?:rotfl:

[​IMG]

R1 sees me reponsible to get a good start and not create a travesty in T1. With new found speed comes unwanted responsibility! :time-out: I set off solidly only losing a spot to Keith. so far so good! but then I lose my braking point and end up tapping Keith when I PANIC CHECK the car in T1. Meanwhile Aritan has jumped WAAAAAY inside and doesn't get slowed down in time and contacts me and I go off track. Others suffer contact as well and its a bit of a mess right off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I resume DFL and try to put some laps together and gain positions.I am chasing Aritan and Yassen in to T1 when Aritan gets deep inside again and has contatc with Yassen. I get a good run off 1 and punch Yassen in the door. Sorry man I had no where to go. Well I gain a few but ultimately run out of fuel with 2 laps remaining in 11th spot. OH well there's always race 2!

[​IMG]

R2 sees me in 11th and I am looking forward to seeing if I can translate speed into racecraft. I get a crappy start and end up DFL lap 1. What happened to the pilot who Q'd P2? sheeeesh!:Cry:

So now I am chasing John S, Bob L, Aritan and Yassen who are all within view at least. I nail the right hander after the hedge line and get a killer run on John while Bob is avoiding a long lazy loop through the grass, he come across the track in fornt of John and me. I have a car width hole to the curbing and shoot through to pick up 2 spots.

[​IMG]

A lap later Aritan passes Yassen and I do the same when he runs wide on the last turn before the startight. Aritan and I are very equally matched on speed right now and he catches a big group of cars. he gets past YVES in T1 and right on Marty's bumper. Meanwhile Willie Watt has gone to CANCUN off T1 and we all get past him.

2 laps go by and its Aritan, Yves then me all running our guts out. I get inside Yves in T1 but ease out of the corner to not wreck him and I and continue a fun battle. Yves gets an unassisted lazy spin coming out of the hedge turn and I pass for 8th still trying to reel in Aritan.

Aritan catches up to Joao and I close on Aritan so we now run bumper to bumper to bumper. This is what its all about! a good fair battle for position regardless of where in the field you stand!

Well then in T1 Joao runs wide, Aritan stays online and I try to pinch inside of Aritan thinking we can both lockout Joao before the esses in the hedge area. Aritan holds further inside than I expect and I tap him and kill our progress. Sorry man not intentional by me.

About 10 laps go by and Aritan is relentlessly pressuring JOAO! Finally Joao runs a bit off in T1 and Aritan and I get past. WOW that was a ton of work!

The final scoring of R2 has me in P7 and I am feeling good about running a good race and not "screwing the pooch" for a change.:clap2:

Thanks again to Eric K, Keith and RD for setting this up! An extra beer for Keith as it appears he has decided to be a lead dog and assume more duties for this US/AUS group. :yo: YOUr passion for the FUN and racing will elevate this group beyond my highest expectations could have been for a simple online racing sim!!!!!:rapture:

here's some screenshots from the action as I saw it tonight.

Kennet doing a fine job leading the pack into T1 R2! ( btw check out Marty and Yves door to door. BEn T and Keith are REALLY tight!)

[​IMG]

John Sydenstriker about 2 feet from salvation in R1!

[​IMG]

Bob Luneski putting on a demo for the Blue Angels in R2!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YOu gotta stick the landing to get the Wings! (the corner worker is completely unfazed by the crash)

[​IMG]

10. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Wow another great report Eric and I love the pics. Wish I could write as well as some of yall.

11. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey, Eric, OUTSTANDING report!!!!!

Great battle we had indeed. Very nice races yesterday. Unfortunately I can't race on wednesdays, so that was one of a kind, BUT maybe I can join you guys on fridays in a regular basis. YEYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D

12. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    +1

Aritan, we would love it if you became a regular at the Friday events. The more regulars = more regularly large field = more fun

I will be reviewing my replays in a few hours and will write a report with some pics and a movie of a funny event in practice. (flip on straight away)

13. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    I cheat and use the replays to remember the details. To many kicks to the head to remember anything anymore!:laugh2::male-fighter2:

14. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Ya Keith I drove under the flipping car untouched in that incident. It was funny to see you and the other car from my car I had the front row view.

15. Jarrod Keen

Jarrod Keen

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy piles of steaming metal batman. I can't believe I missed this one. Stinking vacation!!!m Oh what am I saying...... I've been playing lifeguard on the sunny flordia beaches with my 4 kids.... so, don't feel too sorry for me.

still, I hate to miss these races and will miss the stcc tonight..... really hate that. Enjoy guys... see you next week.

16. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    no worries jarrod we'l be like an all night frat party! the fun will still be going when you wake up......................:Banane40::milf::Hamm3rHed::party::crazy:

17. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Wicked fun here for this event. Good turn out, and good racing. Contact was inevitable here with these cars, but after seeing the replays I think all was fair.

Quali: Pulled off a decent lap which I thought was good enough for pole, when Eric rips past my time, and take the lead. It was short lived however as Ben Tusto Tusting, hits his lap and takes pole. Putting me back to third. In my quali tho I managed to flip on the straight away. It was a result of a car ESC out on the straight away which causes problems for the guys behind. No names mentioned, just everyone should be aware of this, and if you are going to ESC out make sure you do so far off the track.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1uRlo3ggV0[/ame]

Race 1: Get a perfect launch and snucjk by Eric. Entering T1 looks like Eric overshot his brake marks, and just knicked my back end. With that happening, I was ok, but eric checked up with the large field bearing down on him slowed. This started a small chain reaction which was nothing major. No with Tusto having a bit of a lead, I have Yuri breathing down my neck. on Lap 2 In T3 Yuri gets squirrly and off. Now chasing Tusto down and taunting him on TS I start to reel him in. Now on lap 7 I am right now him, and pushing him as we go through the fast right hander John is recovering from some trouble, and when Ben goes to avoid he gets squirrly on the curb and I hit him from behind as he crosses the track and i slow down to let him regain his composure. Lap 9 Tusto seems to have braked really early into the last turn. I came up quick and decided to go inside...he came back across the track and i clipped his rear quarter but we continued on. Marty on TS who is running in third says "keep on fighting guys" that cheeky bugger. Instead of writing the rest with me and Ben I made a video of the close laps we ran together. I ended up finishing 2nd with Tusto pulling away. Grats Tusto, and Well done to everyone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcChr0Gb2A[/ame]

Race 2: Got a decent launch from 7th, and me and MArty both got by Brandon before T1. and I managed to sneak beside Yves exiting T1. Marty however went from 6th to 3rd!!! Yves gets in front of me into T2, and hits a curb which gets him loose, Brandon sneaks past him and I check up to allow Yves to regain control. This allows Tusto by me. Up ahead it looks liek Aritan locks up and winds up on grass and this sends him into Marty. Aritan is now Stopped at the apex of the last corner. Brandon, Yves and Tusto miss Aritan, and as I come through Willie was inside me, and this left me nowehere to go but into Aritan. I come to a complete stop and Bob collects me. When I finally get going again, I am in 10th after lap 1!! (the madness was inevitable at such a short track DAMN YOU ERIC! j/k) After the incident I wasnt toooo far off there was alot of battling up front of me, and I was in 9th with 23 laps to go. I am seeing lots of smoke in front of me and lots of sparks which is good for my chances :) On lap 4 Willie gets into Marty in T1 And this allows me by both them. Yuri up ahead got into Yves which he attempted to wait for him but was collected by Tusto. All while this is going on I jump from 9th to 5th in one corner. Then as I approach Joao, he singles me by (thanks but not necessary, everyone should race for every position). Now in 4th with Tusto ahead, and Kennett in 2nd, with Brandon leading in the distance on Lap 8. Ben trying to put the moves on Kennett, he makes a nice move in the last turn under braking, but Kennett pushes hard into T1 and almost retakes the spot ON THE OUTSIDE. Kennett runs a little wide in T4 which gets me on his bumper and I get a turn out of the last corner, drafting and into T1 I fake inside to try and force a mistake, he bobbles a bit and I managed to sneak past in the last turn. (WELL DONE KENNETT A+ FOR SKILLS) Now chasing down Brandon, Tusto begins putting pressure on him. After some small attempts for the lead, in the lat turn on lap 16 Tusto gets into Brandon, and on TS says he is going to wait. I take advantage and jump from 3rd to first, and Brandon slots in behind me. Brandon makes a small mistakes in last turn and this puts Tusto behind me, and we run this way til the finish. Grats to Tusto for 2nd, and good job Brandon on podium. Also super congrats to Kennett for his outstanding run in race 2.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K0xvs3s78s[/ame]

This event was super fun, and super close. I hope you enjoy the read, and the videos attached, along with the screens.

Thanks Eric, and RD for the super job with this place.

See you all tonite for more madness!!!

Keith B

Attached Files:

18. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    well done on the report Keith! Great formatting and the video clips added in is a great bonus! Might just start a trend? But the sound on the videos sounds like a wounded teradactyl?

19. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Thanks Eric. And ive had issues with Fraps since the hop. I have a weird feeling im on the verge of a complete format. I am on my original install of Race 07 from the CD and original install of GTR-Evo from the CD the day it came out.

Hopefully when I do the format, I have no more isssues, but thats not likely PC's are meant to create bleeding alcers :)

20. João Andias

João Andias

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys for my late and short report here... as you know I was drafted into the race with short-notice and was a bit later over here.

Both races in itself were fun and lots of different from what I'm used to in other sort of events (last time I did a mini race was yet with the first patch). I was missing allot the braking points (sorry) as I was treating the car as my usual RDTCC C30, but the Mini brakes less... had many entertaining fights with many of you as I raced in the middle of the 2nd peloton the both races.

I would like to thank Eric and RD as usual, also to everyone who participated and I wouldn’t let it go by without thanking for the several very fine after-race reports (fine text, pics and videos!).

Just would like to add a small note; guys don’t mistake connection problems with high ping. For instances, I’ve been playing over the years in US servers (I’m from EU), my ping to the US ranges from about 100ms (E coast) to 200ms (W coast). If my connection is good and I’ve the contracted bandwidth together with a decent compression ratio (20:1, never more than 50:1… some shady ISP go to 100:1), there should be no major problems.

If there are “bottleneck“problems (see shared bandwidth ratios) this will be an aggravated problem with the high ping… but the low ping only hides the main problem “under the carpet” :wink2:

In short, what I mean is: Bad connection with lots of “packet loss” and low ping you might get away with it even without anyone noticing it. Bad connection and higher ping, the things come clear (cars jump, player ”teleports” and such).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.