• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Wednesday June 24th - Mini @ Mondello Park Short

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    can't seem to upload set ups today.............."server error"

2. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    gonna give you some fun competition
    Sign me up sir :)

3. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    By the way when the practice is up its Thursday over here and not Wednesday. Is that legal :)

4. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    you are fine:) but the practice server has been up for a few days now:)

5. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    I mean the official practice round lol

6. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    I know what u meant:)

7. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    A still on the road. Will be home about 20 mins before official practice and log right on the server and teamspeak. See u guys soon

8. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey, maybe I join you guys... Actualy the thing I always have on wednesdays evenings got cancelled, so... :)
    But don't sign me up yet, ok Eric. :)

9. Johan Jansen

Johan Jansen

Ratings:
    +0
    sign me up

10. Johan Jansen

Johan Jansen

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry eric my shiftpokes on the steering wheel are not working properly. I will have to find a replacement and cancel my signup. Good luck guys

11. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    YEYYYYYYYYY

Sign me up! :D

12. Bob Luneski

Bob Luneski

Ratings:
    +854
    It's about time!!!!!

13. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    running behind here I'll be there but half way thru practice. Don't have too much fun til I'm there. :)

14. João Andias

João Andias

Ratings:
    +0
    Late entry... haven't driven a Mini in months and I don't know the track. I was told it has 2 turns, I won't do more per lap! :D

Thanks
    :wink2:

15. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Hahhaha :) short fun track!!

16. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Eric, I tried m8, She was having none of it. Friday is getting closer though. Thanks

17. John Sydenstricker

John Sydenstricker

Ratings:
    +1
    Good racing!
    Thanks Eric and RD.

18. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Good fun, saw a little lag that was a bit of an issue. There was some contact, and it was to be expected. Low HP cars + Tight circuit + large field = guaranteed contact.

As far as I could see all contact, included a wait, but if you feel otherwise please report the incident.

My race report will follow.

Thanks all for coming, thanks Eric for organizing, and thanks RD for hosting.

19. Brandon Lawson

Brandon Lawson

Ratings:
    +0
    All in all had a good race did not qualy well but did well race 1 with a 4th thouoght i was short on fuel so i slowed it down during race and finished with like .7 fuel.

race 2 was good lead most of it till some contact then was raced bye a lapper and lost much ground never able to recoup and brought it home 3rd.

Grats keith for a good race win!!

20. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    Was a fun race
    Congrets to the podium.

Race1
    Had a normal start. When i looked behind me before braking for the first corner i saw Yves steering to the inside with an incredible speed. So i choose to brake early and wait what happend.
    Yves was flying by :) and braked on a few cars in the first corner. I picked the inside of the corner and took the 3th place behind Keith. When i followed him around and tried to pick a spot to attack it went wrong. I flew out of the corner towards the barrier. Stopped the car on time before hitting the tyres.
    Now it was just trying to get back on the track and overtake some cars.
    I finished 7th.

2 Race:
    I start on the 2nd place. My sweat broke out on the start. If i just take the first position i thought. Then i could defend my first spot. But after be overtaking it went wrong. Some cars where very aggresive on the field this morning/night. And the suspension of my car was broke. After trying to brake later then Yves. I noticed that my suspension felt like there was something wrong to hit the corner. It just wasn't reactive as is should. My responce was to brake harder, and my wheels blocked. I hit yves, all my speed was gone, and the car behind me was Ben who hit me in the rear. Sorry Yves and Ben.
    After this i waited to everyone was passing me. So i could settle myself and managed to get calm. Now it was just a race like race 1 i had to try to overtake some cars.
    When i approached the slower cars. I noticed that they wouldn't let me pass them without hitting me. After taking there places it was racing all on my own.

These mini's aren't my favor. I think i will stick to the DTM and WTCC/STCC cars. I never had issues with these races. Except from the DTM connection loss. (internet provider was upgrading my connection without noticing me)

I saw some discussion about the 200 ms ping. This couldn't cause any lag they sayed.
    If i look at drivers with 200 ping. You see a little lag.

I will just post my PC and connection to show you I can't do anything about this!
    PC:
    Motherboard: M4A78t-e (am3)
    Processor: AMD PhenomII x3 720 black edition
    Ram: 4gb 1333mhz OCZ reaper
    GPU: Sapphire HD 3850 playing on medium settings!
    connection: 10mbit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.