RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Again a great race at RD. What great site it is.

Race 1:

Had a bad Q, 13th. I had a good start. The following laps i got some places because people where going wide. Had some battles with, Lewis, Stefan and Dragos who i managed to follow the last 5 laps. Good for my ego. ;) Finished 6th.

Race 2: Q 6th. Took 1 place at the start. Was driving away from the rest of the field with the top 5 and Mark 3 seconds behind me, and after that a huge gap.
To lap 12th i was following, Simon James and Hannu who had a nice battle, but didn't not managed to close the gap to fight with them.
After the pitstop laps, everything was the same with Simon 6 seconds in front of me and Mark 3 seconds behind me. But i had a misunderstanding with Stephane when is was lapping him and we both ended up in the wall. Sorry for that i think we both could handled that better. :). So Mark was now right on my tail. After two laps i was going a little bit wide in turn 2, so Mark got my place. After that a nice close battle for about 8 laps but then he made a mistake in the second chicane so i got his place and didn't gave it back in the last 3 laps. Thanks Mark great battle. Finished 4th

Great track, and i loved to see a whole train going through the fast chicane.
The track is instant in my top 10 tracks.

I am verry happy, i see some very good progress the last weeks in my driving and i learned alot from all you guys. Thanks Simon for this great event, and i see you guys next time.

Had good fun, ended last as per usual, but once again i managed to finish both races which i'm more than happy with.
Don't worry Ivo, **** happens. Normally i try to take the non racing line when i got speedy guys behind me, occasionally i won't do this if it means i'll have to change line. I'll allways stick to the line i have a much as possible. bar any mistakes that is

• James Cathers

thats a tough little track to get down, not a stereotypical GP track, no markers for braking points, lots of blind corners, but there are alot of big braking sections so if youre within a car length or two you can make passes happen on the brakes in quite a few corners. it would be a little crowded with 25 people but if we can get 15 or 18 cars it will be a blast. still a solid 1.5 (probably more like 2-2.5 after he gets his car set up) seconds off of Yves, i'll have to get on tomorrow and play catchup.

Oh guess what everyone, Thorpids got a mic and a sexy voice too

29cp21c.jpg

Yeh seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Gob Roldthorp's got a mic and I forgot to sign up :crying: This will be an epic event, a landmark in the history of simracing debauchery. I'll be lurking around ready to pounce on the first twits spot that's late. (how much to kick someone Andrew :rotfl:)

Sorry Guys that I only joined with 5mins left in warmup. Our power was off for 5 hours yesterday and only came on then.

Race 1:
Started last as I did not qualify and had a decent race and ended up finishing in P12. It was really a nice practice for the feature race...:)

Race 2:
I started P12 as I had went off in T1 in qualifing. I had a really good start and made up 2 positions on the start. By the end of lap 2 I was in P8 chasing the leading group, but out pace was very similar so I could not reduce the gap to Ivo. After pit stops everything was status quo. Ivo and a lapper had a little collision and I was able to close up to him. I was able to pass when Ivo made a mistake, but a few laps later I also made a mistake and gave the position back. Evetually I finished P5. Thanks Ivo for a nice fight...
Happy with my result in the race and really had loads of fun. I think T2 of this track is one of the most difficult corners to master. If you attack the coner just a little to much you go wide, if you are to carefull yoou lose loads of time..:(

Well done to all the finished and thanks Simon and RD for another cool event.
:)

• Frank Herfjord

That was great fun.

I was shocked to see myself close to the top of the time table a the end of practice, and I was ecstatic to qualify P2. The BMW shot past me off the line, and Trendell passed me after a couple of laps. I had a nice fight with defending from Philip for a few laps, but then we had a small touch that resulted in a violent spin, We dropped 6 places or so, and soon after, I lost concentration and wen on another spin.

I get reallly stressed out when I have somebody close in front of me. At least three times, I made overtaking moves toward the fast chicane. But I never learn that it's impossible to pass there, and I spun every time.

For race 2, I qualified 4th and was really happy again. But I had a bad start and immediately dropped a few places. I did a ton more mistakes in this race, and after only a short time, I was 17th. Fighting my way up was a ton of fun, and my car felt great the whole way. I must have made a good setup, because fron left was still at 70% when the race ended. After pitting, it was a lonely drive with a long way up to p9, Dave. But I was gaining almost two seconds on him per lap, so I started pushing hard. Too hard it seems, because i continued doing annoying rookie mistakes. I caught up to him in the very last corner of the final lap, but it was too late.

This track was very different from what I remember in GTL. When you hit the kerb in one of those old cars, you can really damage your car or get flipped off the line. But with s2000, the grip is almost too good, as it gets easy to cut the corners. I found it very difficult to stay within the white lines and not lose too much speed by being too careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back