RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well this wasn't my best event but I learned something new again tonight so thats the good part.

Struggled to get the car to ROLL throught the very tight corners. And if I did roll well then the car was way quicker on the lap sheet. Then again the throttle on oversteer was omnipresent as well. Botttom line for me, it was a grappling match out of my weight class.

Q'd a PB of 05.9 which made me happy. see I can piece together a lap once in awhile.

R1 was ok for me. I stayed on track and ratcheted up through the field to a high of 6th. I inherited it thanks to Pierre looping his car.

Pierre and I battled for 3-4 laps. he was quicker and I drove a defensive line keeping him at bay and possibley scaring him occaisionally. with only 5 laps to go I decided to fend him off rather than wave him by. in the end, he passed me when I went to pop my side look button and hit the pit speed limiter by mistake on the long straight! well Pierre thats a clean pass for ya afterall.

I ran short on fuel and had not put together any pit presets. I had trouble firing the car and wasted tons of time in the pits. Finished 9th.

R2 sees me start in P9. I get a really good start and then I manage to KISS Dragos who hit the IRON CONE OF DEATH and went airborn. Spent about 10 seconds upside down then set off DFL.

Was eating into Bob;s lead a bit each lap and then began to go AGRO unassisted. BUUT I did have enough fuel for this race!

I was really tired from playing poker til 2AM on Tuesday night and it showed here.

Sorry to anyone who I messed up in the race although I think I stayed pretty clean.

See yall Friday night in the more suitable for me STCC cars.

Good to be here Eric. Had a long conversation with Keith last night and ran some with him on pub servers.... Looking forward to getting back into driving some. I've sent out invites to all "my crew" but no replies so we'll see if any of them also want to get back into racing around here.

Pretty fun event - I enjoyed running these cars a lot. Was never able to get into the 1:05s during qualifying, and decided I would just suck it up and start from near the back in P10.

Tons of chaos to start race 1, I was able to dance around unscathed and was sitting in P4 by the end of the first lap. A couple of the faster guys caught up to me eventually, and I ran in P6 for most of the race. Finished in P5 after someone up front lost it in the closing laps.

Race 2 I started from P4. I lost all feel for the car for some reason in the opening laps and had trouble hitting my lines - drifted back to P7 pretty quickly. I spent the majority of the race in an entertaining battle with Abdul over 6th position. Neither one of us were on top of our game, but I suppose that made for a more interesting battle as we swapped places several times. It all came down to the final corner, and Abdul was able to get a run on me after a lost grip slightly and had to get out of the throttle. We had a drag race to the finish, which as shown in the image above, he won :pissed-off:

It was fun though!

Did you already drove the whole race in your mind Joao? :wink2:

Not yet... but I assure you I know the gearing of my C6R and every inch of the Nord Loop with my eyes closed:shame:

He did, but he finished 2nd!!! I WON!!!! :D
Sorry João. HAHAHAHA

You can talk-the-talk but can you walk the walk Mr. Aritan? :terminator:

So it starts a war that will only finish more than 500 km after... :soldier:

Jokes aside, today I did a few laps at my usual public server and I had an illustrious (and fast) spy racing with me... he wanted to know how much fuel I had in... the honest answer: some :angel2:

After all, I'm joking, didn't stop, 3 lines above was a lie, Eric you are right, we have fun alone, we don't need the "main course" nor do we need the party :D

i noticed one slight problem last night- there was an invisible car! In race two i noticed that the 'car behind' was 0.1s further back, but i checked behind and no-one was there! Suddenly, at the last series of corners the car ahead was 0.3s in front, and i heard the tell-tale 'stone chip' noises. T'was a bit strange to say the least, i'm going to check the replay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 145 7.6%