RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just a quick report.

Qual: 7th (I think)

Race 1: 1st.

Full wet race this one. Off to a good start and into 3rd. Stayed with Brandon for about 2 laps, but then he and Keith started to pull away. Brandon stopped first moving me into 2nd and Keith soon after giving me the lead. Pitted on the last lap of the window and returned into 2nd ahead of Brandon. Then Keith pitted again the next lap giving me 1st. Brandon caught me and got along side at one point and then I think I caught him out a little as I was not too comfortable braking into one corner and I saw him sliding off. Kept the car on the track for remaining laps for my second win of the night after success in Mini's earlier.:victory:

Race 2: 8th

Aaargh got this one all wrong. Stayed with wets as I was expecting rain during the race. Nudged Abdul on lap 2 forcing him onto the grass and I held back for him. Now running in 11th. Took care of my tires early on as I didn't want to cook them, but as each lap went by the rain didn't fall. Pitted late again just hoping for rain. Hoping it would catch people out after their stops, but it didn't.

Oh well, it was worth a try:laugh2:.

4th overall and well done to Abdul for overall 1st. Good runs from Brandon too.:)

Had fun again and big thanks to Eric and RD for the event:wink2:.

Absolutely brilliant races. Happy with 7th in both events. But happiest because of the great racing and the extra bit of excitement the realistic weather and weather forecast created.

I know it's a bit of extra work for you Eric, but it adds SO much realism to the experience. A great big :thanks: and :hug: for all you do!!!!!!!

Anyone interested in a practice race this weekend sometime? I'm in the US on Pacific time (GMT-8). I can probably do sometime Saturday night or Sunday night my time. Heck, if we get enough guys, I may be able to do Sat afternoon or Sunday morning. I'm just eager to get some practice in with you guys. I'm still pretty slow and could use some tips in different spots on the track.

Thanks again Eric! I think I'll jump on in a few minutes from now for some late practice, but only if there is not a race going on at Nords on another server... :)

Hey, what have you guys been thinking regarding pit strategy? I'm not sure how bad the tire wear is here yet because I have not run any long stints, but I wonder if the car would be drivable after the end of a full tank stint?! That's a long time on used tires!

stcc.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: STCC / WTCC '07&'06

Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Also, note we are using the same track for the Wednesday and Friday event:)

Weather

Entrylist:
  1. Rhys Gardiner
  2. Bob Luneski
  3. Philip Antonia
  4. Brandon Lawson
  5. Willie Watt
  6. Jason Halaby
  7. Eric Nelson - skin
  8. Glenn Petersen
  9. Keith Barrick
  10. William Yunck
  11. Yuri Braham
  12. Jarrod Keen
  13. Steve Emmons
  14. Warren Dawes - skin
  15. Péter Bártfai
  16. Marty Pierce
  17. Michel Usal
  18. Michel Hunter
  19. Yves Larose
  20. Adam Vaughan
  21. John Sydenstricker
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Absolutely brilliant races. Happy with 7th in both events. But happiest because of the great racing and the extra bit of excitement the realistic weather and weather forecast created.

I know it's a bit of extra work for you Eric, but it adds SO much realism to the experience. A great big :thanks: and :hug: for all you do!!!!!!!

Thanks Bob!!! Honestly posts like these keep me going...

Yep, I can confirm, the realistic weather and the "approx" weather forecast added some real new interest to this one. Thanks Eric and wherever you found this little gem.
Haven't raced one of these for a while and chose the Volvo C30 since it hadn't been out of the garage in ages. Knutstorp is a challenging track at the best of times, but in very wet conditions, it was a whole new ball game.
Warm up on the flooded track was almost a nightmare, but huge fun. :laugh2:

I qualified down the back somewhere, but you never know what a wet track can bring. Had a great battle with Abdul and Rhys, for the first half, and then resumed the battle with Abdul again after pitstops. Almost stole a podium until a brake lockup (nasty in the wet) let Abdul jump me with just over a lap to go. Happy with P4 though.

Race 2, I gambled on dry tyres which worked. After a rather rugged first few laps, I found myself behind Bob who was driving really well with new found speed. Well done Bob. :highfive: Once again, I had Abdul hounding my tail. I finally found a pass on "flying" Bob, but Abdul sneaked past him too, so I had no relief from Abdul's Volvo glued to my tail. :giggle:
I managed to out-drag Eric down the straight, but Abdul must have pulled off a lightning pitstop, and ended up in front. Finally finished P3 this time.

Big thanks to Abdul for two great close races. It was actually funny, both in Volvo C30's, same livery (Rydell's), and never far apart for both races. Really enjoyable. Well done to Bob too, showing good consistent speed throughout the event.

Special thanks to Eric, great iniative with the weather and the accurate forecasts too. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back