RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

by the power of aaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzvvvvvvvvaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddddoooooooooootttttttttttttttcccccccccccccooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

:blowkiss:

This was a fun event! I had not lapped BRands in an extreme car and hoped for the best. Since I have tons of laps here at least I only had to adjust to this fast car and not the circuit.

Chose the BImmer cuz I am partial to BMW's. I loaded the Gregory D setup and had to make some changes to drive it well. Not sure how he gets all that speed from this setup but I guess it works for him!

Q'd in P5 which I was more than happy about. Started the race well and avoided the troubles in Druids contact free and set off in 2nd chasing a blazing fast NOrwegian fellow.

I eventually lost concentration just enough to put it off at the vary fast right off the long straight. Pit to fix her all up good as new and proceeed to ball it up again and retire to the paddock awaiting Race 2.

Race 2 has me in P2 and I get a good start. Down Paddock hill nice and tidy. Through Druids and I extend a bit on P3 and beyond. I cannot catch P1 as he is way quicker than I but I am opulling about 1.25 seconds a lap on P3! Wow I am in the Zone and really driving well!

I call the pits for my stop and hit the wrong button and change my view. Then I go off trying to hit the correct button to call pits. OK I don;t lose any spots get a good stop done.

I return P6 but know that many still have to pit and I will gain. I regain all my spots to P3 as Gregory had passed me earlier. man is he quick here at Brands!

ON laop 15 entering the long back straight I loop the car straigt into the barrier and the nose flies off the car. I just tossed away a podium run in a nano second!

I liked the event very much! All the drivers were cool and the racing was excellent!

BUt next time I should not race exhausted from 20 hours of yard work in 2 days time.

Congrats to all who raced and finished!

Thanks to RD and especially Eric K for setting up another glorious event!

This was about as much fun as you could have w/ your clothes on!:bulgy-eyes: Too bad my greaphics were just awful. anytime my car would "see" another one it would shutter until it left my view. pretty tough way to race on a kart track like this.

I q'd P8 and that was a couple spots further back than I thougth I could grid. Was cautious but I guess a little too much. Wanted to be higher to as I knew we'd be racing wet and would have a greater chance of running into an incident ahead.

GOt my usual weak start and dropped to 12th exiting the first corner complex and settled in. thought I'd certainly pick up spots as an off or two was likely on the first lap. Willie drove the last complex offline and I managed to pass him when he went agro entering the straight.

Leandro, Bob and Olly had themselves a bit of an incident in T1/2 and I move up to P8 and have Rhys in sight. (what a surprise to have Rhys and I one position apart) during my scrap w/ Rhys Will Yunck goes Agro and we both notch up another spot. I chase Rhys and have just a bit of pace on him and hoping to pass. Then I loop it and get Will Yunck to dimple my bumper in the 180 right hander. Sorry William. YOU waited for me and you didn't need to my friend. I had spun all on my own so you were free to sioldier on immediately.

after the mishap I am 9th again. Brilliant!

Several laps go by and I finally catch Willie Watt when he drops wheels on the grass. We have us a tremendous duel through the back section! we completely change sides of the track twice in just a few seconds! really quite exciting and well done Willie! We have a light contact twice at exit to straight but neither is the worse for wear.

I set off and catch Bob L and he pits right when I get to him. Back to 7th now and the dreaded auto pit still to come. I have yet to master the manual pit and I am handicapped by 2 seconds but thats less of a penalty than man pitting and taking an extra 6 seconds.

I pit in P6 abnd return in 9th behind BOB l and Olli! I am gaining and then Bob goes beach so i gain. Olli is about 7 lengths ahead now. I tap Olli and slow to wait for him as he dropped tires for a second. I think he is confused that he should repass me so we both waste a bit of time being courteous! He regains and then I put a slide job pass on him for 7th.

I end up 6th after passing a driver pitting. I'll take it.

I choose dry tires for race 2 as the weather report says there is a chance of rain but starting dry. man at least I am doing something right once in awhile.

R2 starts me in P3 and I get an exceptional start and pass Willie in P1 but he out brakes me into T1 and I am back to 3rd but alive and sailing! Well done willie! Rhys I see I forced into the grass again when I jumped that middle lane. Sorry mate and thanks for not causing a major melee there.

We all get going clean out of the sweepers and willie bangs into Bob and I assume P1. NOt the way I want to be here but luck is a part of racing.

So now I have BRandon on my ass but I am holding the gap on him for 3 laps. Is he toying w/ me? I bobble through the sweepers a bit and he gets closer, I hold the gap again then Bobble. He gets a run on me onto the straight. I protect the inside as I want him outside entering T1. He takes the outside and I move over to get closer to the line. I have to brake earlier now and don't want to slide up into him on the outside. I move over just a bit too much and we touch. Looking at this on the replay this is my bad Brandon. Sorry man I should have held it a bit more inside.

Brandon waits for me and wwe resume P2/3. The Brandon pits and I am relieved. Now Willam Y is there but I think I can hold him at bay til my stop. HE runs off to the beach at T1 and I am relaxed and putting down good clean laps. The leader pits and I am leading for now.

Abdul and Warren are about 5 seconds back. Warren and I pit together only I hit the tire barrier on entry and start this badly. I auto pit and lose moree time to Warren who leaves before me. I love giving you guys 7 seconds back! I resume P5 behind Warren.

I run many laps and come across Willie. IN trying to figure out how to pass him I get jumped by BRandon who kisses me hello w/ 2 to go. he gets a run on me down the straight. I use the back view to look at him and see he's going inside. it looks like I pinch him pretty badly but my car was pulling to the right without any prior suspension damage warning. maybe my POS MOMO wheel was screwing up again. Sorry BRandon didn't mean to scare ya.

So he gets P4 from me in the last 75 yards. dratts Double Dratts!

So despite my huge graphics issues I was pleased wit the reults.

Eric K gets a huge thanks for setting this awesome event up for us to have fun!

Guys don't be afraid to offer up a suggestion to him about an event on Wednesdays or Fridays! it just club racing and I am SURE he'd like a bit of help occaisionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back