RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Gary Pazek

Very sorry i couldn't make it i got a keylogger last night and didn't want to take any risk and have been reformating all day just got back up and running.

Tons of fun with lots of very close racing.

1st race: My race pace with fuel was faster than my qual. Go figure. Anyway found myself running in 3rd place when I came in for the mandetory pitstop. Forgot to change the presets and had to disable the fuel and then took 4 tires instead of 2. In all of this I accidently hit the pit limiter button and turned it off.

Go go go!!! Argh.... Black flag for speeding in the pits. I was pissed and made matters worse by accelerating too fast and spinning out of the pits hitting the wall on the other side. Aero and suspension damage. Crap!!!! limped around and got things fixed, then went around again and served the black flag. Finished last.

2nd Race: Much better pitstop this time, only took 2 tires and picked up 2 places. Finished 3rd!!!!!!!!

Grats to all that participated and to Eric for organizing another great event!!!

Congrats to the podium and all those that showed up. The turnout was kind of disappointing, but I had a good time anyway. They don't know what they missed. 20 laps x2 at Brands is a lot of work keeping it between the lines. Whew!....:smile:

Lap 1 of Race 1 was kind of a mess with me being hit and put off 2x. Think people were just a bit too anxious. 20 laps at Brands is a lot of turns, braking points, and shifting. There are bound to be opportunities to pick up positions before the race is over. But, it all worked out...:smile:

With that said, like an imbecile I muffed my pit entry in Race 1 and ran into the tires damaging my right front.:beat-up:Then if that wasn't enough I sat there waiting for for my tires to change, but then realized that I forgot to confirm the setting and doubled my pit stop time.:sleepin::rotfl:

Race 2 was pretty uneventful, thankfully...:smile: Got a good start and picked up a couple of places and from there it was pretty much about soldiering on until then end. Chris was worrying me for quite a bit of the race, but after he made his pit stop I never saw him again.

Time for a beer.:drink:

Many thanks Eric for setting things up and all the admin work. It wouldn't happen without you.:thumb:

Bit of a rough run for me today. I had a good quali with a PB of 1:20.4 placing me third on the grid. The start of Race 1 was not the best, and I got tangled with someone in Druids. Sorry if I caused the problem. My concentration was not good from there, and though I had pretty good pace, and managed to move from 8th to 2nd, I had a couple of unforced spins, and ended up 3rd.

Tried to avoid any trouble in Race 2, and ended up 6/7 out of turn 3. My concentration was really bad. I managed to have a nice duel for a bit with Bob and Steve. Finally got by Bob, and promptly stuffed it into the wall in Druids for no reason. I proceeded to make several more unforced errors, and with necessary repairs, ended up 5/7, the last one running, 2 laps down. Well, at least I stuck it out and finished.

Congrats on a great run Bob, and congrats on your wins Gregory and Edenilson!:thumb: Thanks to Eric and RD for setting up and hosting this event!

Rain and Racing is a great a mixture. This was Fun Fun Fun. Its a totally different experiance racing in the rain. Brake a mile back and hope to make the turn. While braking hold your breath, start panicking and hope the one behind you also braked without locking his tyres LOL. Warren, Rhys we had great close racing. I couldn't write a proper report as I have been overwhelmed at home with chores. To compensate that I have attached screenshots showcasing our driving. Thank you all for participating.

RACE 1

Grid Formation

R1Start.jpg

Cockpit view of torrential rain before Turn1

StartCockpit.jpg

Visibility

Visibility.jpg

TV Cam Visibility

TVStraight.jpg

Visibility on the Straight

StraightVisibility.jpg

Rear View Visibility - Can you spot the car?

RearViewVisibility.jpg

Warren Taking Off

WarrenTakingOff.jpg

Close Racing Indeed

WarrenvAbdul.jpg

Warren passing me after my Pitstop

WarrenpassesAbdulexitingpits.jpg

RACE 2

Grid Formation

R2Grid.jpg

Turn 1 - Great stuff

R2Turn1.jpg

Bob with some Acrobatic skills

Bobdoingacrobatics.jpg

Eric and Racedepartment without you this wouldnt have been possible. Its really a priviledge and I always appreciate the hard work put into the events. Thanks

Guys I am looking forward to the next one.

First of all sorry Steve for touching your car on lap 2 of race 1, this is my first race after a long time without racing on sims and was not carefull enough.

After that incident with Steve lost the concentration and hit the wall, retired to save the others friends from my mistakes.

On race 2 started at first place and probably that made my race, Gregory was getting closer before pits and after pits i've managed a good gap and think he spon or something else.

Count me in from now on Eric, thx u all guys.

I'll be a possivble. Will be coming back to Scotand from a couple of days in London but provided British Airways are on time, I'l make it. Will post my skin tonight and hope for no graphic glitches.

Looks like I'll need to go back down to 1024*768

It's monday morning and I finally get time to write my race report.

Wet qualification

Like everyone else, the wet setup was a bit of a lottery. Soften up change tyres then head out.

As you all know I hate the superpole but it doesn't normally make any difference. As usual I'm the strongman of the group last but one.

Race 1
Figured that if i could keep it on the track then I'd get a reasonable finish spot. got a rubbish start so finished up running dead last but picked up a few places thru turn 1 after Ran what was, for me a largely uneventful race. Safe driving with comfortable short shifts to minimes wheelspin. A couple of tussles with eric. The only excitement came when I was running 8th with Keith behind me with couple of laps to go. Willing him to catch so that I didn't need to start from pole. Anyways something must have happened behind and he didn't manage to catch me (one for my racing diary). Finished 8th, last man on the lead lap.

Race 2
Was one of the few who started on a full wet set-up. Had a 4 tyre preset ready should the weather improve.

Got a good start, losing one place to bob off the start and holding eric into t1 2nd after t1. Unfotunately took bob out a couple of turns later, very much my fault Sry bob. Waited for him to recover off the side of the track which is fine until someone poughed straight into me whilst I was waiting.

Now running dead last.

Saw that the weather was drying so pitted for the tyre change on the first lap after the window opened. Wet setup remained comfortable if not fast. Unfortunately, just after t4 olaf was slidomng onto the track backwards and I collected him. Pity, we were running the same sort of pace and we could have had a race of it.

Little excitement from then on. Finished 10th.

Tnx guys, espacially ERIC for the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%