RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

actually running a full race load Warren. NOw I am really scratching my head!:laugh2:

If you started with full race fuel, then your engine shouldn't cut out. Any chance your pre-set pitstop strategy called for additional fuel?? The engine will always be turned off if the pit crew have to add extra fuel. Or did you stall it accidently (autoclutch on or off?)

However, regardless of what caused the engine to turn off, you should be able to start it again with the Ignition and staret buttons enabled as previoiusly described.

Well thanks to Simon for letting me know that there were spots available, I saw this race last minute and decided to give the wtcc's a go for old times sake. Was a little uneasy since I had no setup but first qually went well with a flat 2:08 which got me pole by .1s i believe.

First race was great, had a bad start which gave Yves the opportunity to pounce but after lap 2 it was there was a little touch in my rear view and things got a little hairy for Yves I believe. Then towards the end I lost the rear of the car and hit the wall hard after the grandstands section, or at I should say. This allowed Oliver to take the win. I tried to get him to fold but my tires were having none of it. There was some serious tire wear as Yves said, really came out of nowhere very suddenly.

Second qually was much faster almost knicked 2:06 if it wasn't for a minor cock up in T3 but a 2:07 flat again was good enough for pole. Pretty uneventfull race for most of the time, had some nice pressure from Vedran I believe, had a great pit stop and gained time as well. Did fastest lap in second stint 2:07.2 and took the win by a large margin. I just didnt want to repeat the last race's mistakes. I drove a much cleaner race was less aggressive with the throttle and this payed dividends in the end. Great racing in the Alfa and Volvo no less for the 2nd and 3rd positions btw.

Great race all thank you to the organizers and RD.

Well i think we all had some good scraps tonight as there was some great racing on a track that i love even though i struggle through the chicane i just love some of the faster corners.

Race one qualifying i think Ross was looking over my shoulder as i stuffed it up with a big lockup at turn one :wink2: but i recovered and ended up around 16th or 17th.

Had some nice little scraps and almost got caught out by another cars early braking a couple of times but managed to gain a few places and finished 9th or 10th just behind Yves.

Race 2 i almost made the same mistake at the same corner as i locked up again but i managed to recover a bit better and ended up with 12th on the grid (i think).
The first corner was crazy as i could see a car in my mirrors screaming down the inside so i was praying he would pass me before i had to turn in for the corner and he did missing me completely :dance2:, after that i dropped back a little as i got used to the full fuel load and tried to save my tyres slightly for my planned 12 laps. Think i got up to around 8th or 9th before the pit stops started and had some nice scraps with volvo's, seats & another honda along the way and remember thinking it was nice to race against a mixed field again and on one lap we were 3 abreast going into turn one and i think we all came around without any problems so nice going guys :good:

The last couple of laps i thought i would catch Peter and grab 6th as i knew he had pitted a few laps before me so my tyres were hopefully better then his but the time i gained on him i lost pretty quickly as i stuffed it up myself and almost let Simon catch me. So in the end 7th it was.

It was nice to see club events like this still get 20+ on the grid especially when some of the league events have seen the numbers drop somewhat for one or two events.

Thx all for a couple of great races :good: and for some good laughs listening to some of the crack on teamspeak:wink2:

hmmmmmmm Steve your feeling adventureous :rotfl: honestly i would go for a FWD car in that track. i have good setup for the Honda if you want it i,ll send it to you :wink2:

LOL. I just tried the BMS and it was pretty wild, particularly in the wet. Never have run a lap at knutstorp either until a few minutes ago. :laugh2: I think you may be on to something with the Honda.:) It would be great if you have a setup you don't mind sharing. The WTCC Honda is my "old baby", but haven't tried the STCC version.

Thanks!

Stupid question: what car classes are allowed?
The secret message: There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers..

in the pic above its all the cars that are in a red square

519161car_class.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%