RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Me neither, and i was rather surprised by that remark in the server i must say.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/rfactor/22411-how-overtake-slower-cars-le-mans-series.html

Slower cars do not need to move over at once. In real life LMP drivers sometimes looses seconds a lap when they are stuck behind a Porsche (see the ALMS race @ mid ohio for some good examples)

LMPS have power enough to do the job on the straight. Saying that my compliments for mr Savu who had great eyes in the mirror. Was a joy to overtake your GT :thumb: too bad i spun out after i made that move haha :)

Don't know if anyone has ran any practice laps on this track yet. But was wondering about that left rumble strip on the s-turns near the walls towards the middle of the track. Do we have to have two wheels on the right side of that rumble strip? Noticed there was no cut warning there. Just asking to make sure before I start practicing that line.

What are your guys' time so far? Best for me in practice so far was 1.13.6 but feel it can be improved.

Haven't raced minis much before but looking forward to it.

Race
P2 Mazda

Wow these races are intense. I really enjoyed racing with everyone and had no major incidents with anyone on the track. However I did find myself off track several times and completely blew a well planned pit for speeding at the entrance giving me a drive through penalty. Then went in for the drive through and pulled into the pit stall which of course did another full pit and I still had to come back in for the drive through. Finished in 6th overall key word finished.

Hope I didn't mess up anyone passing me tonight. !

I follow in front of GT1 car on the night time,but,my behind,my mirror,the fast behind car let me out of the track,and then,i no feel on the track :(

Will the cutting rule is simple, you have to keep 2 wheels on the track at all time and the track bounderie is the white line and the curb at the outside of the line which mean you can put 2 wheels on the curb but the other 2 have to be the other side of the white line. hope it made it clearer.

Finaly a race from me i could finish without problems on my pc. So i am happy with that. it was good to see that my pace was ok i made one little spin on lap 10 or so. But after that i was driving away in my GT1 car from the second placed driver Savu. I thought whe had a harder battle during race then whe did. As he told you already he slowed down a bit and his tyres cool down. So thats what i didnt do. you always must remain your max speed because of the tyre temp. Tyre temp are very important. So at the end of the race with no more mistake at all i finished 7 overall en 1 in class. To bad the field was small in the GT1 class.

At the LMP GT overtaking discusion i can add its as Bram said the taks to the LMP cars to overtake not anything different. I have driven LMP and GT cars a lot of times. WHen you are in an LMP you are so much faster you can overake very easy on an GT. but not always in a corner. An GT car is very difficult to drive in the corners. you realy need that apex to not lose a lot of time on the strait. So to Luis your totaly wrong with your point. in sector 1 and 2 it was almost impossible to overtake an GT car. that is the problem of this track. you knew that before its narrow so always difficult. When you want that the GT cars let more room to you then the following thing will happen. They will make some room but not at the point you had thought they do. And then its a big bang and the race is over. I dont wanne make a big thing about it but its well know all over the place that GT cars dont move over when they get a blue flag. the Blue flag is only to let you know there is a fast car behind you.

finaly i have to say it was great driving with you all again. No hits or whatever on my car. so iam happy to be here.

Had a good first race, car didnt have the best setup, but was driveable. Then had a crash, uber suspension damage, escaped, browsed the RD forum then BOOOOM, no teamspeak chatter, FIREFOX CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEBPAGE!

routers broke, i tried to connect directly to the modem but it wasnt having any of it. so now im back with my trusty d-link and not some netgear shizzle!

cya next time

i've been very busy lately with the RDSTL skinpack plus all my usual duty here at RD plus all the racing i do so i had to cut back on certain things and the race reports were it but i will back to it since i'm done with the RDSTL skinpack. thanks Ryan for your race report and nice fight we had during the races :highfive:

9 people racing and only 1 and a half reports?! That's poor...

• Bert Van Waes

Hey Andrew my friend, i think this is a little bit unfair. OK i can admit that I did leave the last event i joined. That was when we had a Mini Friday on Castle combe and Thruxton. The reason i did leave was because 10 of the 25 entrants didn't show up and thats why i found it a bit booring since i was looking forward to race a couple of those.
But OK, I appoligize and now i suppose the only thing you can do is throwing me and Javanainen out of the Racing Club since we are not allowed to race with you anymore.

Goodbye and have fun tonight
----> Maybe it's better to start and read the rule book here on RD...

Well Andrew, i almost had a chance to drive under yr belt here, but the moment spots came up i had massive personal stuff to take care off, the friend evolved in a big crash as the highlight... It seems this was a great event and it pulled alot of guys deeper into RD. Thank you mate for that :D

And boys, you can be sure his new job is awesome. Come take a look at RBR here on RD and you'll know what i mean!!! Tx to his chilly mood and the soft hand i like it there. A friendly based club with one off the most demanding sims... You can't go better.

All i can say is, from the things i've seen from you Andrew, it's rocking! So that must mean you did many big festivals already in here. Cheers and tx for being one of the great ones here and not getting it to yr head! :)

Out

Report from the Back Marker -- Too Much of a Bad Thing

Practice: Best 1:01.932 – 15th overall

Qualifying: 1:02.7 – 18th -- just drove way too convervative

Race 1: Start 16th (dropped drivers)

Lap 1: Approach Estroil on the left and get a little love tap from Matthew while I try to whoa up as Jarrod, Willie (off on the right), Brandon, Kevin, Michel and Will (off on the left) clog up the track. This sends me off the track on the right. I manage to regain the track safely only to get tapped in the rear right that turns me hard right off into the grass by Lewis. Get turned around and join the track, now 21st (second from last).

Lap 2: 19th Empty track ahead until the jump (Jarrod and Glenn are off track). I can now just glimpse cars ahead as I approach Lycees.

Lap 3: 17th and I am gaining slowly on the field ahead.

Lap 4: 17th – Luis overcooks entrance to front straight bouncing off the wall and collects Will and Sel.

Lap 5: 17th – I am now perusing Luis who goes wide at Lycees allowing me to pass.

Lap 6: 16th – Empty track ahead again. Every now and then I can just glimpse Paul Wood ahead.

Lap 8: 14th (Robert & Eric in the Pits)

Lap 9: 11th (Matthew, Timothy, Paul in the Pits) – Matthew passes me on approach to the Jump.

Lap 10: 10th (Michel in the Pits)

Lap 12: Pit in 10th for 2 front tires and rejoin 14th behind Paul.

Lap 13 – 17: Trying to get close to Paul (now 1 lap behind the leaders).

Lap 18: Just miss Ryan who misjudges Paul’s speed on approach to the Jump.

Lap 19: Gaining on Paul, but not quite in range – pressuring him by the Jump. Paul slips a little at Lycees, but not enough – try to drag past him to the Start/Finish, but no go. Finish Lucky 13th.

Race 2

Lap 1: Hold my position approaching Estroil. Ryan must have been carrying too much speed and cuts across my bow and I help him complete his spin off track. Finally, I pass Paul after the Jump. Paul tries to regain his position through Lycees. I go a bit wide right to give him room and clip the curb (Warning! Cutting the track).

Lap 2: Timothy is just ahead and has trouble going through Estroil. I back off allowing Paul to get to my bumper. Timothy slows dramatically and early on approach to the Jump. I’m hard on the binders which must have scared Jarrod who had just passed Paul.

Lap 3: Timothy muffs the Jump and I take advantage and try to pass on the right at the bridge. Timothy is drifting right as Jarrod makes it 3-wide on Timothy’s left. Timothy and I touch and I am pressed off with my right wheels on the grass. Timothy lifts allowing me back on the track. I slip in front, but Timothy appears to have trouble braking and turns hard left across traffic. I’m stuck on the inside approach to Lycees with Jarrod having the preferred line. I try to give Jarrod enough room by clipping the inside curb (Warning! Cutting the track).

Lap 4: 12th – Jarrod decides to pass on the left making it 2-wide at the Jump. I’m not too keen on that, so I concede, but Ryan thinks it would be fun if it was 3-wide and rushes in on my right. Ryan hits the curb bouncing back into me forcing me far left and off course (Warning! Cutting the track).

Lap 5- 7: 13th

Lap 8: 11th

Lap 9 - 10: 8th

Lap 11: Misjudge entrance to pits trying to give Paul (who is entering behind me) room and hit the tire barrier (suspension damage). Repairs and 2 front tires. Come back on the track in 13th (40 seconds in the pits).

Lap 12: Go too wide in the jump trying to give Adam (the leader) room to pass (blue flag). Warning! Cutting the track.

Lap 13: Server Stop and Go coming back out 13th.

Lap 16: 12th as Kevin Pits

Lap 18: 11th which will be my finishing position.

I think there are an misunderstanding from the GT2 drivers. It is not the fast driver who must take risks to overtake a slower car. Is the opposite: the slower driver must make the overtaken by the faster car so easy as he can.

I'm afraid Luis I think you misunderstand...

The slower cars here on the enduro just have to drive her race. Ignore the faster cars, just stay on the line and do no dangerous moves to let them past. So if you are in a faster car example LMP2 its all up to you where to overtake the much slower one safetly. Its easyer that way because its pretictable where they drive and so you can choose a good point to overtake... Of course some situation are critical when as example 2 or 3 slower cars are infront of you. But then you have to wait a bit and not destroy them their race. On the next straight you have them :good:

i think i am right in saying no one else had any problems lapping me?,if any of you other guys have some input on this maybe we can all come away better,but i had no comments during or after the race nor have i read anything here in after race reports,where possible i assisted those lapping me,where not possible i basically ignored them and drove my race and proper line,

You did all perfekt mate :good:
Thats exatly how a driver in a slower class have to act :highfive: :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back