RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

2up4tx5.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TC07
Class: WTCC 07, WTCC 06 and STCC
Track: Mugello v1.1
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (19:00 GMT)
Qualification: 30 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 12 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

If you witness or a victim of an incident there is a new and easy way to report it, just click ---> Click here to report an incident

Can't complain about the racing here - haven't run the camaros before or the track, so I "borrowed" Yves setup and tweaked it a tad - good enough to keep it between the walls :)

Qual: Needed practice so I stayed with a full tank of gas. Well off qual pace but I just wanted to get comfortable. Result of P7.

Race 1: Got a good start and moved up a few positions, was able to avoid some of the first lap spins and was in 3rd for awhile. I made a couple mistakes though and started to lose grip on the last lap - eventually finished P4 I believe.

Race 2: Had another decent start but could not capitalize, as I became sandwiched between two other cars. We played bumper cars a bit through the first couple corners and I came out into the clear in P4 chasing Tim. Spent the first 4 laps doing so, coming close only to make a mistake and drop 2 sec. My mistakes added up and it allowed Christopher to sneak in and pass on the final lap. I was almost gifted P3 though, as I was closely following Chris and Tim when they had their contact. Sadly, again I could not put the power down in the corner to capitalize and finished a close P5.

Overall P3, just glad to have a free night to race with you guys :)

For those of you that missed it, last night we had 5 or 6 drivers in a practice session that turned into much more than that. The practice that we did last night was much more valuable than just fastlapping trying to catch Abdul and Brandon's time. Sure we did some of this for quali purposes and to get our lines down but for around 45 minutes to an hour... we partook in my favorite type of practice. Pack driving.

4 or 5 of us would leave pits together and we'd go out on the washed out donnington natl track that is a tough track at best even when you're by yourself. The time we spend driving bumper to bumper last night taught us lots about our own lines, about the track and about our competitors.

For me, it was the most valuable time I've spent on the track in the last month.

Yuri, Keith, Brandon, Will, Michael, Abdul..... Good fun!!! Maybe again tonight for a little while.

Tonight is official unofficial practice night. Don't know how much I'll be driving as I've already put in lots of laps here but I will probably try to get out there for a little while. See yous there.

Guys,

A few rules of thumb when around multiple cars.

1) Be aware of cars behind, and their position. Do not just think about the car in front. The car behind is just as important
2) When changing lanes to pass, or miss cars ran off, check before changing
3) If you are defending, and attempting to block. You can only make one lane change. There is no swerving to block
4) If a car has a run on you and you see him go inside, BE AWARE. You cannot just turn into a car that is fully beside you (and I mean nose to nose beside you). He is there, and you have to concede position. More then likely if you turn into him and he is there you are going off and your race is hindered
5) When entering pits do so in a safe manner that does not cause obstructions for others.
6) When re-entering the track from the pits, please do so in a safe manner. However remember that you ARE racing for position. Remain behind the line until it breaks, but do not pull a Schumacher and swerve into the lane of a full speed car. (this ends in sorrow)
7) When you are receiving the blue flag, do not panic. Have a look behind and see how close, and plan for a safe spot to allow them by. You do not need to jam your brakes on. Simply back off the throttle off the race line and they will find their way as they are at full pace.

That is all I can think of for now, but I wanted to share this with everyone as we have started having alot of new players join us. I know this is just a refresher for some, but also at the top is a bit of strategy that I use prerace.

I suggest to everyone that races on fridays to use teamspeak, even if you dont have a Mic. It is beneficial, because if someone runs off they announce it, and it gives early warning. Even if you leave it on but on quiet.

Also everyone prerace please remember to download the Most recent skinpack.

Thanks to all the new guys for trying out racing with us, and to all the regulars who race week in week out. I see big things coming for these friday nights and its all because of you guys.

Hope this Summary helps out, I will repost is for each event.

Boodschappies Guy.

:smalltear:

Tough Track with these cars. Took me awhile to figure out how to get them to turn. I found a good setup that actually got me around the track but had issues with tire temps. I was making tire pressure settings right up to race start and even before Race 2.

Quali:
I was still tweaking my setup during quali and found my best time so far on this track of a 2:36 (I know, 10 seconds off the pace, but oh well...) Qualified last (8/8).

Race 1:
I had a good jump off the line, not too much tire spin and lept up a few places. Found my self in 4th most of the race, but lost a couple spots to finish in 6th. Too many mistakes and my tires were either overheating or not heating up enough (Damn tire pressure!!!)

Race 2:
Made Tire Pressure changes and jumped to the grid in starting in 3rd. Got bumped from behind at the first turn and I didn't even see it coming as I was fighting for second at this point trying to keep my line without hitting the car on my left. Got third place and saw Corey coming up fast behind me and I just tried to keep my position and not make any mistakes to keep him behind me. He would make a mistake, then I would. I don't think we were ever more than 2 seconds apart and I think the closest was .867 (The number stands out for some reason). With Christopher charging back up through the ranks I tried the same strategy (Just keep the line). He braked late for the tight turns, I braked early (It was bound to happen Christopher, no worries...) I thought that I bumped you and I just tried to run you down those last few turns back to the start/finish line. But alas, not happenin'. Finish 4th that race and 5th overall.

Thanks Yves for keeping it interesting and fun!

HAD A BLAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years