Wednesday 8th July 2009 - Rally France

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Bert Van Waes

If i'm not too late, sign me up
just need to fix the controls and i'm done
:)

• Andrew Evans

totally man - just drop yer rsrbr name in here for me would ya?

• Andrew Evans

nod, suckage man :(

major thanks to all that came out... that was another slice of slidey mmmmm....

started out really well - in that i managed to finish the first 4 stages (ignoring the fact i coasted the end of ss2, downhill in a dead car :D)... after that, overconfidence burned me bad.... many car meet tree, car meet stone barrier, car meet 45 degree rolly-bank with trees.. etc... and an excellent austin powers moment as i smashed my sideways car back and forth trying to turn the right way....

results are posted here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/rbr...ay-8th-july-2009-rally-france.html#post351423

see y'all next week, hopefully... where rumour has it, it's gonna be pretty chilly.... :wink:

edit: lub to ts!

edit edit: had ya this week, vaughany, eh la? :bang:

Oh yeah, report...

Was a great event, first few stages went fine. kept cool and handbrake tirn went ok, no major damage (but it stalled on me a few times :p) then there was the occasional knock on the barrier or wall, then there was the time when Bert farted (needs clarification) on TS causing me to flip and hit a tree which (luckily) knocked me back on the road. In the last 3 or 4 stages, I was struck by bad luck. on the last stage in particular, I hit a barrier after the car flew off the road and hit the edge of a barrier. Was going, but transmission was famboozled. Was losing a lot of time, then, I hit a tree approaching the last corner after a spin and I was stuck in 2nd gear. It told me to retire but after a lot of pushing, I managed to get my battered and bruised Gareth MacHale Ford Focus to the finish. (But we all know Buxton won in spirit!)

Love these events! Fun, and the TS banter is gold :)

I feel a chill sweeping over the RBR Rally Club.

PS: How about we have an event where 2 drivers team up and take turns driving and navigating? We turn off pacenotes and one driver has to make his/her own. What of it? :D

Cote d'Arbroz: 2:45.04
Joux Verte: 5:23.05
Bisanne: 4.21.80
Joux Plane: 6:07.35
Joux Verte II: Hit the barrier side on on the fast top bit and retired as I cba limping to the end of the stage, I was pushing a little to hard really had a big spin on both bisanne and joux plane.

Hopefully this routing problem with sort itself out so I can get back to competiting, it's not the same running the stages by yourself. I miss sitting waiting refreshing the scoreboard to see what times the other people come in with!

Thanks for the event Mr E. Had fun :lol:

As I will have more time next week to set-up the wheel I have a feeling I'm gonna be kicking butt :wink:

Atleast I won't need to be rushing the install whilst you guys are setting times.

I have booked my French lessons for the weekend :doh: Rush Rush Rush

• Andrew Evans

PS: How about we have an event where 2 drivers team up and take turns driving and navigating? We turn off pacenotes and one driver has to make his/her own. What of it? :D

btw - i totally dig the sound of that... but might be a bit difficult without the co-driver being able to see the road ahead.... some lightweight screen-scrape software might be able to help there tho.... definitely filed for future refs meeeeesta birneeeeeee.... :thumb:

Well, Xfire has a feature (in beta I believe) that would do the job. It's called Broadcast, where the driver can, well, broadcast the game he's playing. That would help for the co-driver to see. Ofcourse, the drivers would need a decent upload speed, but you can run it at low quality, so you don't need to be robbing mbits from the local exchange.

I could test Xfire Broadcast and see...

I just thought it would add to the TS lunacy :)
"I said DON'T cut!"

Anyway, tried snow stages for the first time in the WRC08 and ANK_2 I believe. 2WD is better for snow, 4WD can be tricky to control. Any idea what cars we are running next week?

• Andrew Evans

Ofcourse, the drivers would need a decent upload speed, but you can run it at low quality, so you don't need to be robbing mbits from the local exchange.

I could test Xfire Broadcast and see...

yowser, that sounds groovy.... all the co-driver needs is a some frame of reference - doesn't need super-HD-wtfbbq-quality... :thumb:

Any idea what cars we are running next week?

will be moochen it and posting the rally this evening.... :wink:

Awesome stuff, Andrew :thumb:

Regarding the Broadcast thing, we could just have 2 people to go onto it (and more if they want to watch) and drive a stage, see if it handles. Ofcourse, there's no rush on it, but it's better to suggest now then when there's tumbleweed in the Club. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back