Wednesday 8th July 2009 - Rally France

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

What happened to a night stage? I thought the next rally would have a night stage :(

all in good time man.... first couple of events are going to be biased towards the easier end of the scale (if there is such a thing).... there'll be plenty of rain and night in the future... we might even have to call it Rally Birney.... :becky:

I do believe I have overcome my previous issues.
I shall do a test and let you know :wink: (defrag in progress)

If this has resolved the issue then it was very basic and could of happened to anyone :shame:

Japan on tarmac, in the wet, dark and misty weather, it'll be just like Rally Ireland!
Ofcourse, see Stage 1 from Rally Ireland 09? Was very wet in the dark as it was very early. Pretty scary considering the narrow roads and greasy coniditons. I dunno what eejit thought of "Hey, how about the Rally in Sligo in JANUARY!". Japan epitomisees that :D Awesome idea.

we might even have to call it Rally Birney.... :becky:
Sweeeeeeeet...
But don't I have to be dead before that can come to fruition? :p No worries, Rally Ireland (wet, misty, dark) should do the job :D

Phew! That was fun:sweat:
Some crazy moments - only found out how to switch to manual gears by the 3rd stage. Auto box made those hairpins pretty awkward. Looking forward to the results.

• Andrew Evans

nicely mate! :thumb:

done a few recce stages meself and the number of hairpins just blows my mind.... (and i'm still not nailing most of my handbrake moments on tarmac :D)

shame you didn't have anyone else to run with at the time - but we gotta start somewhere.... full results will be out after the euro sesh tonight :wink:

I think I got the first stage pretty much nailed (as much as I can :p) but I've never driven the other stages lol

I've only run the first stage too, ran a 5:59 in the Evo.

Found that changing my gears to paddles and using the gearstick as the handbrake made me a lot better at the hairpins. Technically more realistic too as the real cars use paddle shift.

• Tom Stapleton

Sign me up, first rally :p

RBR name: Supern00dles

I've only run the first stage too, ran a 5:59 in the Evo.

Found that changing my gears to paddles and using the gearstick as the handbrake made me a lot better at the hairpins. Technically more realistic too as the real cars use paddle shift.
I use the G25 shifter in sequential and use that as a handbrake. For the first French stage I got a 2:38 I believe. Are we talking about the same stage?

I use the G25 shifter in sequential and use that as a handbrake. For the first French stage I got a 2:38 I believe. Are we talking about the same stage?

Nice time, I just did a 2:41 although made a few bad hairpin turns at the start, i much prefer the wider tarmac of jeux verte!

Unfortunately i cant load the rallyesim.eu website again so I cant connect to the servers. Seems to be some sort of intermittant routing fault. I'll try again near the time of the rally then again near the time of the oceania run as I could rally then either. If I cant im gonna say it's because of that huge off I had testing on Joux Plane II :p

Yeh, sequential and pull it back for handbrake :)

I haven't run the first stage, I thought Joux Plane was the first as it was selected when I chose France. Turns out it isn't the first stage, so I ran a 5:59 at Joux Plane :)

Lol, the first stage can get extremely fast after the first split, I dunno bout the others, but I sense a few headaches in the service park:

"*Gasp* We leave you for 5 minutes and you do this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back