RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLIO
Mod: Clio Cup 2008

Track: Cadwell Park
Event start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 15 minutes
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Notes:
1. Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. RealFeel FFB PlugIn: Download - Information

3. About the mod - the Clios always provide incredibly close action in real life and the virtual versions are no different. With very limited setup options, these pocket rockets are ready to go and they sound incredible. Eat your heart out Minis :D

4. This is the start of a revival of rFactor at RaceDepartment, which will try to provide some consistency and make using rFactor as hassle free as possible. There will be a focus on easy to learn, fun cars and a minimum amount of tracks used per event (which will also suit the mod in question), again trying to provide an ease of use without diluting the fun. Any questions at all will be dealt with as promptly as possible by either myself or Ivo Simons, so do not hesitate to ask.

Special events are in the pipeline, including night races, and, should things go well, a league also. Ivo and myself are always open to suggestions. So if you come across a mod and/or track that you like or think would be perfect for the Racing Club just drop me or Ivo a PM.

Clio Cup Promo -

Entry List:

1. Ryan Callan
2. Nigel Atkins
3. Ivo Simons
4. Gary Lennon
5. Stefan Beemsterboer
6. Matija Skalic
7. Patrick van Driel
8. Bert Poesen
9. Piotrek Blaszczak
10. Doug Dezan
11. Jonathan Dupont
20. Jochen Lenaerts (maybe)
21. Stuart Thomson (maybe)
22. Ludwig Ghidi (maybe)
23. Daniel Plaikner (maybe)
24. Ben Buitendijk (maybe)

It's great to see you guys taking such an initiative. Cars look great too... if I was in good health and school wasn't on, I'd join you. But the way things are at the moment, I can't afford to muck with my sleeping patterns any more than I have to.

Still, I wish you all the best, and hope for big signups. :good:

Well, quite.

Generally, we had a gentleman's agreement in the staff for rF to run club events Mon/Wed/Sun and GTL Club on Tue/Thu/Sat.

I would have driven this if it was on a Wednesday like normal.

It's not permanently that we race on this day. We just took a look at at the coming events and we didn't want to race on a same day like a WTCC event that always is on a Wednesday :).
Sunday and Monday races are also in the planning but the races will always be on days when there are also other club events. Only the trick is that we don't have two Touring cars events with different sims on one day. :)

Thing is, in general (and we've had this question answered before in polls etc) people who drive Race, will tend to stick to Race.

The people who drive sims outside of the Race envelope (GTL/rF/iRacing/Arca/etc.) are the ones more likely to switch across to try out other sims and events.

Scheduling against what Race is doing isn't necessarily going to buy you much by way of attendance due to the Race user's game loyalty, IMO.

This will be rectified in future Stuart - as we are only rFactor staff we have no access to staff forums and therefore could not see this gentleman's agreement.

Philip and Sergiusz would you mind the date being moved to Wednesday 4th?

Ryan Personally, i would wait a couple of days and see who signs up.
Why not say something in the top post about whether you would like the event to be changed to a Wednesday?(when people are signing up)

I must admit my interest was piqued until I saw the date. My family and I thoroughly enjoy burning stuff and setting off small explosives whilst eating all manor of strangely cooked foods. So I am interested if you move this to Wednesday, normally I'd race WTCC with Yves' events but this definitely looks like a fun event. Clios and Cadwell, not tried the Clio mod yet but I know Cadwell and it should be interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%