rF2 Wednesday 25th November - Clio Cup @ Barbagallo

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having to download Clio Cup 08 again as there is something wrong with it. When I have it selected it wont let me join matchmaker and if I load another series I get on, but then booted:(

Not sure if I'll be able to take part now as I've lost all time to try the track and may not even be able to get on once its finished downloading!!

Really really good fun with Paulo race one :good:.

I went to the toilet when race 2 session was on practice,i was away maximum 2 minutes,when i returned it was voted on to race,i put in a plea for a restart and it was ignored....all very very shabby guys :bad:,ive been involved in many many occasions where a restart has been called to allow a club brother to join back in for various reasons,im the first and happiest to hit esc....not overly impressed tbh,hope you all had a nice second race :good:.

Thanks Ryan & RD

Gary you have absolutly right. A restart was fine to me. During the race i tried to vote/request for next session, but i think in rFactor my "N" is no INSTEAD of "Next"

Next time better. This time i could win, so this wasn't happend to me if you was @ track......:wink2:

Nice race all. Thanks for that and ofcourse thanks to Ivo. You did a great job, again.

^^ bummer Gary ... wasn't aware of yer predicament mate as I was desperately trying to avoid a lot of flying Clios, as i guess were many others.

How come you missed it ... ??? ... thought I saw you enter the session with plenty of time before the session changed :confused:

Anyways ... I was slow but this was more than amusing.
Pretty much one quali lap then a couple of warm up laps and straight into race 1, so I was a tad slow tbh.
Also madly messed with some settings to improve my "bobbling head" view, and I think I might just have sorted it out - none of that motion sickness afterwards like I normally get :dance2:
Race 1 I got a bit of a lightening start and passed a car or two ... then I held everyone up for a lap or three whilst I got more of an idea of the track and car and rF (sorry chaps!), but I seemed to drop into 1:06's and felt a little bit more on pace at that.
Race 2 I started to get the clios a bit more, despite dropping backwards, and eventually hit the 1:05's ... had a proper door bashin battle with Neil - all good fun, let you back past after one particularly unfair knock I gave you (I think) but all in the vein of what I think Clio racing is all about ... then I moved a cup and nudged the brake balance way wayy off by accident, so had a couple of miserable laps and lost the back end of Neil till I got it a bit more sorted.
Great last minute fun though ... thx RD and all the chaps on the server for not punishing me too hard for my rF noobness :D :thumb:

Really really good fun with Paulo race one :good:.

I went to the toilet when race 2 session was on practice,i was away maximum 2 minutes,when i returned it was voted on to race,i put in a plea for a restart and it was ignored....all very very shabby guys :bad:,ive been involved in many many occasions where a restart has been called to allow a club brother to join back in for various reasons,im the first and happiest to hit esc....not overly impressed tbh,hope you all had a nice second race :good:.

Thanks Ryan & RD

if i had seen the message i would of done something, maybe park in the middle of the road or something, but i have got into the habit of trying hard to ignore chat messages, but i did however have teamspeak running in race 1 but i was all on my tod so i did not bother with it for race 2 but this was a prime example of the benefits of teamspeak.

2 x 4th place for me so happy enough, it was good fun dragging the little clio around here, not as much fun as a good rwd car but still a blast :good:

I had all sorts of problems getting on the server. When I had the mod selected it wouldn't access the matchmaker service. So I had to select a different mod first then find the server and join then choose my car. I had to reinstall the mod as once I got to that stage I was getting booted by the server.

Finally got on with 90 seconds of warmup left and Gary was very kind and sent me a setup to use. I didn't know the track so my one recon lap was literally that.

Race started and just tried to keep up. Managed to do that then past one car only to over shoot the 4th turn and dropped back about 3 seconds. About half way and I was consistantly in the 1:05's and catching up. Had a short battle b4 2 cars had a coming together and I then chased after the next car. We passed eachother a couple of times b4 he made a little mistake and dropped away. Happy indeed with 5th.

Race to was having a good little battle at the rear of the pack, but had to leave around lap 11 to go to work.

Sorry Gary that I was no help in race 2, but as I hardly ever use rFactor online I don't have any chat buttons setup and I don't know the default ones either. Otherwise I would of voted for a restart as it was not fair that you had to miss out:dont-know:.

You are right Gary, very annoying what happened. I still had type 'RE' just before you leave the server. I hope this situation never happen again!

Race 1
Had lead for a few laps but Gary's 500 HP Clio :rolleyes: passed me and his pace was faster half a second per lap, great driving Gary! Good win!

Race 2
Very intense race battling with all the field. Making the way up untill I got stuck behind the leader. Managed to stay closed to him but never been able to overtook, Stefan did'nt make any mistake and was very consistent. Well done.

Thank you Ryan & Ivo and RD.

Cheers

POST number 1000..........................party time!!!!!!
many-cats-in-the-room.jpg

party-cats-drunk.jpg

Was once again a great race. Race 1 missed my start and dropped to the back of the field. Managed to go up a 3 places due to some mistakes from others. After some time I think Paulo passed me and I could follow but not overtake. Had some great bumper to bumper racing in this one.

Race 2 was great.. Started very good now and held the lead for about 3 laps. Then Stefan and Paulo get passed me and I could maintain 3th place. Was looking good until some laps before end of the race my engine blew up... Bummer..

Had a great time and looking forward for the next one ;-)
Thx everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years