Wednesday 25th November 2009 - Rally Four Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

cool dude... you'd need to speak with bram about becoming the staff member for rbr.... and there's no reason why there couldn't be two of you running the show, if you wanted someone else to help out as well... :nod:

Andrew and Aaron, good to see something positive to look after the RBR Club. I know there may be others here willing to help (maybe an Aussie or two), but as you know, the critical bit to allowing the multiple timezones, is the extraction and compiling of results from the Rallyesim Server.

Are you willing to help us with this, or at least prepared to train us in how to do it?

• Aaron Cloutier

Here's my understanding of how it works. Please add more detail Andrew as you're the one's who's been doing it.

1. pick tracks/cars
2. set up the races in RSRBR (no idea how to do this)
3. Post on RD (need to be an admin I assume)
4. Compile the results (how automated is this in RSBRB?)
5. ??? (anything else?)

Would love some guidance during this hand-off... :)

It would be great to get someone else involved. I'm in the US and I've been the only driver for a while... It would be cool to have someone in the UK where most people seem to be racing. Even Aussie get's more drivers than the US :)

I'll PM Bram and see what can be done.

• Andrew Evans

yep pretty much.......

i'd come up with an event combo/theme... poast it here - you need to be a red dude for that (racing staff).... rig up the events on the rallyesim servers - anyone with an rsrbrid can do it.... but you can only poast 2 max at a time...

take a look at the event link in the first poast... if you're signed in to the site there's a little icon link, in a group of three, to "create public multi-surface rally" or something like that... (won't load for me atm)....

results are compiled via an app i wrote for the task... you just give it the direct urls of the first and second poast in the event thread and it does all the work... exports the results to CSV and i load it into excel, apply formatting and screenshot the relevant bits....

there's a wee bit more detail to it than that... but that should give you a good indication.... the app will only work while the first two poasts at rd and the rallyesim results site maintain their existing layout.... if either is changed, the app would have to be tweaked to adapt (only needed to do this once so far)....

• Bert Van Waes

Like Warren said, thank you guys for trying to keep the holy grail above surface...

I hope someone can do all this. :)

• Aaron Cloutier

Andrew.

Okay, so two at a time... that would mean that I would have to create the 3rd (UK) after I finish the US race, right?

What did you write you're app in? I'm a programmer by trade and I could take over maintenance on it if you would like. I probably would have ended up doing something similar on my own.

Bram said that I shouldn't need to be an Admin to post a rally event. I haven't specifically tried and I don't know if you've tried since not being an admin. Either way, I'm sure that piece will be solvable.

I would like to have others contributing rally ideas and at least another person as an alternate to set things up. I'm sure I can get a rally running based on what you said up there. It might take some trial and error, but I'm sure it can work.

I want to thank you again for running this while you did. We've got a great group because of your hard work and I don't want to step on any toes, I just want to keep the races going. :)

• Aaron Cloutier

Clarification: I will need moderator rights to post new rallies but I don't need to be staff. My mistake.

• Andrew Evans

yep, i used to set up the eu session after the us one had run...

the app is written in c#.... obv, it's just slapped together but you can happily have ze code and accompanying spreadsheets... if it's any use, i'll zip them up and upload them tomorrow...

i used to keep a rough list of ideas for future events... after this one i had another 3 planned... so you can have that stuff as well, if ya like....

• Aaron Cloutier

Thanks Andrew, all that stuff would be awesome to get a hold of.

Since Four Seasons was canceled this week I'll try to run it next week as my first race.

:bulgy-eyes: geez..... I just popped in to sign up for this week's event. Lo and behold the evil politics has infiltrated our little rally club, mayhem ensues!
Seriously, thankyou very much Andrew for all the work you've put into all the events, it's been much appreciated - while I don't know the background info it's a shame to see you ditched like this.
To Aaron; a big thumbs up for taking the reins, if there's some way I can help let me know (though I've tried to create rallies in the past and could never get the times right!).

• Aaron Cloutier

Andrew,

I can't seem to respond to you via PM. It claims you've chosen not to receive them. Anyway, package received and I'll be digging through it. Nothing jumps out at me as being crazy. Thanks for all the info!

• Bert Van Waes

Club's closed, The legend is banned. All done here. It was fun racing you guys here on RBR. Had some great moments with all you. Tx alot!

• Bert Van Waes

Contacts are broken. Some are banned. It's not closed but without some stuff people were talking about above, it seems difficult to continue... Let's hope Aaron can do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back