rF2 Wednesday 18th November - Clio Cup @ Varano deMelegari

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I finished and didn't qualify last so definate step up from where I've been running. Didn't put in enough fuel though, had to pit with just a few to go, wound up last in Race 2 and 7th in race 1, both times last car across the line though.

Lovely bit of stuff!!!!

Watched everyone creep closer to my times near the end of praccy and the trend continued in to qually so a big late effort to scrape pole,a slightly shabby clutch start made the first few turns tight and busy,but all lovely and clean :good:,gradually i built up speed and settled in to a nice romp away win :D.
Back of the shop for race 2 and now were talkin!!! :p,proper busy with nuff early action,yes paint was being scraped :),after a nice little scuffle with Nige i chased down Ivo who seemed to be speeding up more and more the closer i tried to get!?!!?! (pfffs),took some laps and a bit of working out to get a nice pass done,i got a poor exit out the middle first chicane,you know the one before the full commit flat out huge curb chicane?,so Ivo gets this sort of tempting little run at me there and i remember in my head begging "please back out of this Ivo",but he tried to brave it out and launched it off the ramp-like curb :(,now its down to chase Ryo!!,he helped with a couple of very ragged wide moments to let me get right on terms,my best chance started with a good exit from the final turn and puts me plumb beside Ryo as we hit the T1 braking zone,i leave it as late as i dare and just as go to turn in i feel a sidethwack on my right door as Ryo's nose appears and turns in,it unsettles my car a lot but only a little time lost so back on with the chase,but only one lap left and some scary back marker action late on :p.
The dust has settled and the handbags have been packed away until the next time,overall a very fun nights racing in these utterly superb cars!!.
Thank you everyone there for some nice racing :good:.

Many Thanks Ryo and RD :good:

That was great fun in the wee Clios as always. Qualified P2. Had some frame rate issues in the races, I had forgotten I had ramped up graphic detail for some photos I had been taking and it was pretty juddery going round corners.

Anyway, got away well, almost got Gary first corner of Race 1, but made a mistake through the fast chicane before Ickx on lap 1 and never saw him again really for a lonely second. Grats Gary.

Second race - started 7th but got an amazing start to be third after the first corner and first by T3 :). Tried to make a gap but went off a few times and only had a 3 second lead by the time Gary got past Ivo for second. Had Gary crawling all over me, into the penultimate lap we touched and Gary lost out slightly, sorry for that mate. I had a small 1 second lead now and just had to drive accurately for the Race 2 win.

Great fun, really hoping we get more signups in the future because these things are insane fun with small fields, just imagine big ones. Thanks to RD for the server. And thanks to all who raced, it was a pleasure :)

Great night again.

Started 5th and battled the whole race with Nigel. Couple of laps behind him, overtook him and than he overtook me again. Great fun and lot of paint trading.
Thanks Nigel.

Race 2 started again 5th. Again a cool start got Neil through the grass. :D
Couldn't keep up with Ryan who was first so did my laps and saw Gary closing in. But i was having a nice pace with low 19s. But Gary was still closing. Had a little battle with him. But these Clio's are making you crazy or something.
We where running side to side to the fast chicane and i needed to back out. I normally do that but the Clio said to me " no you will not!" so launched myself of the high curb, almost made it but then gravity did his part sending me into the grass.
Got behind Nigel again and followed him for a couple of laps. Then he made a little mistake and i took 3th. And Nigel and i had a nice battle again with some real close racing.

Thanks for racing tonight guys these cars are really made for close racing and can handle a little tap.

yeah superb racing :fwd:

Race 1 a titanic 12 lap duel with Ivo :lashes:

Race 2 once it settled down i had some fun laps with Gary snapping at my heels, then after he got past i had a great view of him and Ivo scraping. then after Ivo ran off track i had no chance of catching Gary and with 5 laps to go i slowed to let Ivo catch up and had some more fun laps to the end :good:

i`m due to have another league race next wednesday, but with any luck it will get postponed again :victory:

Well it's was absolutly big fun! you can race very close, because you can see through the windows of the car in the front, better than by the mini's!!

Ok. I did managed a 3th qual-time...and i was very happy with my time (1;19), because during practise i find out that overtaking is very difficult @ this track. So first race i started from place 3.

Sadly enough i had a bad start. Almost everyone passed me. so i drove alone. Yes, more than 8 people @ the grid will by fine :fwd:

The second race happend the same. Again a bad start for me. I really want to know how you guys can be that quick @ start? i lose traction, when i give more/full throttle. Anyhow, i didn't want to race alone agian so a waited for Mr. Gault to play this game with him, and so we did. That was nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%