Wednesday 16th September 2009 - Rally Ice Age (Day 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Johan Sälgström

Well... That sucked. :D I think I managed to have atleast one impact on every single goddamn stage, and a major accident on maybe half of them... Not a very good night, but hey, still great fun.
See you tomorrow. :)

I have good time. Me like rally. Thank Andrew.

I would like to thank my sponsor, Socks for their AWWWWEEESOME product of great importance and prestige.
really-cool-socks-pair.jpg

• Andrew Evans

man, that was more difficult than it seemed on the surface.... only got about 3 stages where i set a respectable-ish time... the rest was full of mishaps and eye-watering retirement.... gotta learn to ignore the voice in my head that says "this is going well".... heheh....

ne'ermind, bring on tomorrow where it can all change!

day 1 results posted:

http://forum.racedepartment.com/394272-post3.html

• Andrew Evans

as an aside, i'd be innerested to hear opinions on the 2-day format... i get the feeling that it's less liked (a lot less drivers today than normal) - obv, it's difficult for some to be able to make both days...

i don't plan on running them that often - just once in a while (even though this follows quite closely on the last one)....

wow. Certainly didn't expect to be in the top 3!
I'd like to thank my sponsors, bundaberg rum, cam wedgwood, and racv (as the amount of times they've had to pull my arse from the trees is downright insane!)

Regarding the 2 day events, generally i wont be able to make one of the days, but i think 12 stages is the max for me. I was half asleep by the last stage last night.
Not running tonight will open up 3rd spot on the podium. Will it be an aussie or a euro top 3?

Good luck boys!

I'm happy either way, one or two day format. I wouldn't recommend too many
two day rally's in a short period though, as I'm sure it will be hard for everyone to make all of them.
Yeah, 12 stages is certainly about my limit in one session, my eyes start to fail towards the end of these, but I'll hang in there just for the fun we keep having. We are having a ball on TS during these events, the ribbing, cursing, denegration of car types, friendly rivalry, but best of all, plenty of laughing. :laugh2:

• Johan Sälgström

Wow, I ended up 2nd? :O Seems it wasn't just me screwing up but rather a difficult set of stages then.

I agree with what has been said about the 2 day format. Once in a while it's fine, maybe with slightly less stages than a normal 1 day rally.

• Andrew Dawes

Thanks for the welcome Andrew.
Rapped in a stage win especially on just the third stage.
Fair Few problems elsewhere though. Was very entertaining. When it worked i could get a rythym but when it didn't i was horrendous.

• Bert Van Waes

Grats to Mr. Socks!!! 7 wins..... You really need to get yr real rally license mate!!

This was one off the hardest ones to date... Yet i have a good feeling around this...

I liked TS yesterday more then normal. It was chilly and fun, like it should be. And it's a great resting point after the rally. Perfect combination off full concentration and then couple off minutes chitter chatter.
So for me 12 is not a problem, but this is personally, so no big deal to wind them down for more entries. :)

The Rally itself, man... Wow, what a hard time i had to get through the first three stages... With the HDR plugin on i was like??? What is this??
The stages were overbright and totally white, lol...

I quickly put it on off and went for it. Only to eat alot off scenery, sorry to pick the words from you Andrew. But it was literally like that.
Two times i rolled it just before the finish. One time i died doing it... And it was on a perfect run (the only one) i think. The other one i decided to cut the last corner to the finish. It was a medium left one and a blind one, because off a little tiny 3 meter high hill on the inside. I jumped the hill and found out the medium left was a rather 90 left... Jumped and rolled it just next to the line... Calling for help made it even worser because i was laying on the roof....

damn i love this game... :clown:

"Maxter", please fix TS mate. It would be so much more fun for you, you could time yr starts with us then and double the fun on yr race!!:)

Tx Andrew!!

• Johan Sälgström

"Maxter", please fix TS mate. It would be so much more fun for you, you could time yr starts with us then and double the fun on yr race!!:)
I've been thinking about that actually, I should still have it installed and might try it out this evening if everything seems to work ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%