Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Is there a Bathurst Mount Panorama track for GCSE?

There is none listed in the RD downloads section, or I might have my eyes in my pocket! :)
Perhaps you guys know of a good version outside of RD?

There was (I don't know if any of you remember) game once... called "Microsoft: CART Precision Racing" and although it may look so outdated now I absolutely loved it back then. :inlove: It made me to start saving some money for my first wheel (Genius Speed wheel). And I, for the rest of my life fall in love with those tracks (road especially:)), tracks like Portland (I always though I love tracks that have big elevation changes but this one - doesn't have any but still...:inlove:), Road America, Laguna Seca, Mid Ohio,.. some greatest street tracks - Surfers Paradise (oh boy), Belle Isle (:inlove:), Long Beach, Toronto, Vancouver (which I even start to make for rFactor - since no one else did. there's new version of the track, you know.. that '98 version but mine was older, pre '98. I never publish it since I never actually finish it). And I even start to love those (silly to me before) ovals you know... Homesetad, Milwaukee mile, Gateway,....
Anyhow...:rolleyes: I was so amazed by this game I even print their setup screens and study it when I'm off my PC. :D
Now.... I think this could be the next closest thing to that feeling. Can't test it now, since I'm at work but I'll do it as soon as I come home.

Got one questiong, though... dunno if any1 can answer with this:
Why there is not ANY skin in "CART_Extreme\1998\Reynard_Teams\PacWest" folder ? Anyone ?
Like I said, I'm not at home so I don't know does Gugelmin and Blundell skins show up (maybe those skins are in "shared" file or something... but I look at it right now and it is ONLY one that doesn't have the main skins files, BUT! - there's all the rest, you know... helmets, wings, driver, dash, all the rest are there so I was puzzled a little bit.

Another thing... I saw someone mention that cams are not in their natural positions.
I will throw myself into this since I'm nuts about all that... on board cameras. Maybe you can check my (critically acclaimed:D) cams for F1 2014 game. [edit: it's here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oh-so-real-onboard-cams-by-shnala.3793/ ] And I've done a thusands, unpublished, more - mostly for rFactor but also on many other. And who knows... maybe Patrick and the rest of the guys even include them into their official 1.1 version. :)

Let's go. Pedal to the metal.

Last edited:
Not working here. The screen is all white. When I "Alt-Tab" out of the game & go back into it the main menu shows up fine for a couple seconds then the white effect takes over the whole screen. I am not running a modded version of GSC either.
do you have SweetFX or any other injector installed?

try copying the reshade.fx again to your folder.

when you Alt-Tab, it turns off the effect then turn it on again, that's why you can see the menu for a couple of seconds.

This lowers my frame rate 30-40 FPS - too much of a performance hit. Running triples at 5860x1080 with a GTX980, i7 @4Ghz and 16GB ram.
William, could you do me a favor and run a couple of tests for me?

First, turn off the game anti-alias on the config screen and see if it affects your FPS.

Then, open up the ReShade.fx on notepad and change a couple of lines to test if the performance improves. You can do this with the game opened, just alt+tab, edit the file, save, then go back to the game, it should recompile the effect.
1) #define USE_FXAA change from 1 to 0 to turn off the FXAA and test if it improves the FPS.
2) #define USE_SHARPENING change from 1 to 0 to turn off the noise effect and test

Also try with sharpening 0 and FXAA 1, and also try turning on and off your game AA.

See if any of these solutions improves your FPS and tell me the results.

Thank you!

There was (I don't know if any of you remember) game once... called "Microsoft: CART Precision Racing" and although it may look so outdated now I absolutely loved it back then. :inlove:
I guess I never throw anything away, here is the cover from my disc which i still have! It was my second racing game after "Indy Car Racing II" by Papyrus (still have that too). Great stuff and this is wonderful to have. You made my day @Patrick Giranthon !! and a big shout out to all of you who helped to make this wonderful mod and the original!:p
CartRacing_small.jpg

Why there is not ANY skin in "CART_Extreme\1998\Reynard_Teams\PacWest" folder ? Anyone ?
Like I said, I'm not at home so I don't know does Gugelmin and Blundell skins show up (maybe those skins are in "shared" file or something... but I look at it right now and it is ONLY one that doesn't have the main skins files, BUT! - there's all the rest, you know... helmets, wings, driver, dash, all the rest are there so I was puzzled a little bit.

The skins for those cars and maybe some others (I can't remember, it's been six years since I've looked at the files :p) are in the mas file as that's how they were set up originally - those particular cars use custom spec maps to get the metallic shine on the engine covers and other parts so they're not "skins" in the normal sense.

I guess I never throw anything away, here is the cover from my disc which i still have! It was my second racing game after "Indy Car Racing II" by Papyrus (still have that too)....View attachment 87433
I'm glad I'm not the only one. That love that game. And who never throw anything away. :geek:
Oh... :inlove: "Indy Car Racing II" - that's another keeper! :)
And Grand Prix 2.
So I see we (used to) have similar taste. :D
The skins for those cars and maybe some others (I can't remember, it's been six years since I've looked at the files :p) are in the mas file as that's how they were set up originally - those particular cars use custom spec maps to get the metallic shine on the engine covers and other parts so they're not "skins" in the normal sense.
I see now....
Thank you for your explanation. Then they must be in "Reynard98I.mas" or "Reynard98I_maps.mas".
But the only important thing is that the skins show up ok in the game. Errr.... I'll take that as a "yes". :D

There was (I don't know if any of you remember) game once... called "Microsoft: CART Precision Racing" and although it may look so outdated now I absolutely loved it back then. :inlove: It made me to start saving some money for my first wheel (Genius Speed wheel). And I, for the rest of my life fall in love with those tracks (road especially:)), tracks like Portland (I always though I love tracks that have big elevation changes but this one - doesn't have any but still...:inlove:), Road America, Laguna Seca, Mid Ohio,.. some greatest street tracks - Surfers Paradise (oh boy), Belle Isle (:inlove:), Long Beach, Toronto, Vancouver (which I even start to make for rFactor - since no one else did. there's new version of the track, you know.. that '98 version but mine was older, pre '98. I never publish it since I never actually finish it). And I even start to love those (silly to me before) ovals you know... Homesetad, Milwaukee mile, Gateway,....
Anyhow...:rolleyes: I was so amazed by this game I even print their setup screens and study it when I'm off my PC. :D
Now.... I think this could be the next closest thing to that feeling. Can't test it now, since I'm at work but I'll do it as soon as I come home.

Another thing... I saw someone mention that cams are not in their natural positions.
I will throw myself into this since I'm nuts about all that... on board cameras. Maybe you can check my (critically acclaimed:D) cams for F1 2014 game. [edit: it's here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/oh-so-real-onboard-cams-by-shnala.3793/ ] And I've done a thusands, unpublished, more - mostly for rFactor but also on many other. And who knows... maybe Patrick and the rest of the guys even include them into their official 1.1 version. :)

Let's go. Pedal to the metal.
If you estimate that original ones are not good, give a look plz. Thank you :)

Yes, your memory is superb Nick;)
These files are packed into another MAS-file, the same way as it was packed in the original mod.
Grtz
RSV aka Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back