Wedge

250RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2014

Wedge

250RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2014
I don't know why it took me so long to finally try this out considering I've known about this mod for a while now (;)), but man is it awesome!

My only suggestion is it's a bit too bloomy at times (it's at it's worst at the two Spielberg circuits) and the colors become just a little too cool. I'm pretty sure you've done that to try and work the warm lighting back to more neutral levels, but I think it's gone just a bit too far which makes things look a bit... purple. I think if you tone it back just a little this could become a must have addition!
Thank you for your feedback, EB!

Made some changes based on your feedback.

I don't know what happens with Spielberg track. The bloom effect looks a little heavier there.

Some comparison screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/t9f3p#1

Thanks again!

Reactions: TS3g

alice3d

50RPM
Jan 15, 2010
I have the same "film burning" white screen problem, don't know what is the cause. Tried in a clean install and same thing happen.

Wedge

250RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2014
Maybe a silly question, but how do I switch to different shaders in game?:confused:
Alt+Tab (no need to exit the game) and rename the reshade.fx to something like reshade.fx.warm and rename the reshade.fx.cold to reshade.fx.

alice3d

50RPM
Jan 15, 2010
I have the same "film burning" white screen problem, don't know what is the cause. Tried in a clean install and same thing happen.
Well my problem is resolved: in nvidia control panel you need to put "aplication controlled" in AA.

Now it works ok but...is there any way to toogle between activated and not, like in sweetFX?. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Wedge

alice3d

50RPM
Jan 15, 2010
Well i find a way. Open reshade.fx and find this line:

technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1;>

And change into:

technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1; toggle = 0x91; >

With this you can toggle effects with scroll key.

Wedge

250RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2014

Insert Coin

500RPM
Apr 8, 2014
Again, AMAZING. Improved and very well done. One minor problem: when I press Num Lock to switch it off and then on again, the FPS is halved and I have to restart the game to get the FPS back to normal again.

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
Premium
May 5, 2014
Fantastic. I just installed this and tried out a few classes and tracks and it makes the world of difference to the game's looks. Well done.

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
Premium
May 5, 2014
Have you opened the first folder in winzip and then copied the folder content into you main GSCE main directory or have you just copied the folder into the main directory like I first did? You need to copy the contents of the folder, not the folder.......if that makes sense? If you did it might be that your using other shaders which may be overriding it. The author stated something about disabling/deleting other custome shaders.

Will Mazeo

2000RPM
May 25, 2015
Isn't there a way to mix this with GID for the Steam version? You can mix GID and XD and both works fine. Just wondering if the same procedure could be used somehow to make this work and still keep GID (and XD)

PATR10T

500RPM
Dec 7, 2014
i have unsharp cars now, looks like standard without any aa or af

is there a way to change it?

without the effect everything is fine and all lines are without any aliasing... i have on graphics driver override settings with 4x aa and supersampling (latest ccc)

ouvert

1000RPM
Apr 16, 2014
works nice .. is it possible to adjust colors in easy way or run it without color change ? too much magenta in black for my taste or for realism . Thanks

DaVeX↯

1000RPM
Jul 23, 2015
Sorry guys, can someone tell me how to install it the correct way?
I tryed but doesn't work, sce doesn't start with this mod installed...