RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Had fun, but the worst part was the lack of control with the Mustangs mixed with the non-banked turns. They dont let you change many settings. I'd love these cars at Talladega! Or a smaller track in that same foot-to-the-floor speed.

Was 4th in practice, qualified 15th or something. I couldnt beat 39 in quali :/
broke my car lap 3 and that was more or less it. I tried repairing and finishing the race but ended up causing too much damage to my car in the following laps from spins, ditches, etc.

Race 2 I started in 15th and pulled up the grid quickly. Held 3rd place for awhile then had some bumps with Yves and ended up in 7th and beat up. Don't remember what happened after that :(

I just don't want to be last :D

Last time we did an endurance event with Race (GTP only), it lasted (about) 140 minutes at Spa and 9 people finished it...

Although many here had that experience, I wouldn't be surprised that this (about) 180 minutes race at Paul Ricard will have the same sort of numbers regarding finishers, maybe even less (8 ?), who knows...

So being 8th (and last) will on average guarantee a podium finish in the class. I’m even sure that just to finish such a race stint will be a victory by itself and everyone will have a small history to tell (even those who will be unfortunate enough to abandon the event)…

Please only vote if you plan on attending the event!!

bmwe90.jpg
saleencup.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA

Weather: Dry
Start Time: 00:00GMT / 8:00pm EST / 5:00pm PST

Class: BMW E90 / Saleen Mustang SE
Track: Monza Junior
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 10mins
Race: 2x16 laps
Notes:
Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Also I have moved the race time 30 minutes earlier this week. Practice starts at 8:00pm EST!! If you rather have it start in the future at 9:00EST let me know.

Entrylist:
  1. Ryan Callan
  2. Péter Bártfai
  3. Chris Buchanan
  4. Yves Larose
  5. Willie Watt
  6. Abdul Ahmed (depending on :baby:)
  7. Eric Nelson (depending on :cake:)
  8. Bob Luneski
  9. Keith Barrick
  10. Sam Beason
  11. Cristian Haba
  12. John Sydenstricker
  13. Gary Lennon
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
-BMW E90 Skinpack-

Last time we did an endurance event with Race (GTP only), it lasted (about) 140 minutes at Spa and 9 people finished it...

Although many here had that experience, I wouldn't be surprised that this (about) 180 minutes race at Paul Ricard will have the same sort of numbers regarding finishers, maybe even less (8 ?), who knows...

So being 8th (and last) will on average guarantee a podium finish in the class. I’m even sure that just to finish such a race stint will be a victory by itself and everyone will have a small history to tell (even those who will be unfortunate enough to abandon the event)…

However, the big difference is that Paul Ricard doesnt have its "Eau Rouge" :) It is a little harder to destroy a car here.

well well well what an interesting evening of racing!

I had fun for the most part and hope you guys did too.

Set out for the Q session and couldn't get a draft on anyone. should have put up a time of say 37.4 but went deeper on the clock and hit P8 for R1.
I don't mind as I feel very comfortable that I can prevail over the long haul and have my eye on a podium based on my total race pace and tire management.:skywalker:

We set off in R1 and I drop to 10th behind Peter and Abdul. as we get close to T1 Steve emmons is smoking the rears and drifting around nearly collecting Sean along the way. I move past them to p8 going into 1. BUT WAIT heres Sean on the inside of me and we slap door handles pretty hard! nobodies fault here just a racing incident. MEanwhile Bob Luneski had run high and Sean and I pass him without incident and I am now P7.

we run down the back straight and gain on the field behind. Abdul and Pierre ( in chevys?) are quarter panel to fender entering T3, Brandon 1.5 lengths behind them and sean and I are 2 back from Brandon.

Sean ANd I enter T3 and he goes low and early into the corner. I stay higher and pass for P6 without incident. But in the last 1/3 of T3/4 pierre tries to get down lower and abdul is forced to avoid and runs into the wall low and lightly just killing his momentum.

Brandon and I sail past him and I am now in P5 w/ Sean 1 car length back in 6th. OK we just completed LAP1!

Sean struggles with the car on Lap 2 and I get about 8 lenghts of breathin room now. I focus on Brandon. he touches the outside wall in each end of the track and I have a great run on him going down the back straight. we get into the braking zone for T3 and I am on the inside w/ his front bumper at mid door on me. I brake a bit early as I am off line about a car width inside. Brandon flies past me and meets the wall. (See screenshot below) viewing the replay I don't see his brake lights come on but not sure if I would anyhow so not sure if you tried to out brake me Brandon. Again It looks like a racing accident with neither of us at fault.

Race_Steam2009-05-1412-14-28-37.jpg

We run through the corner slowly as I am sliding huge and he is trying to get off the wall. On exit I am in a BIG drift and I know he's right there door to door. I tried to give you all the room I could but again he is scraping the wall and I am trying not to spin while getting off him a bit. Sorry man not trying to drive like a tool.

We continue on for another lap and we are both sloppy at different points. Me in t1/2 and Brandon again into the wall in T3. this finally gives me breathing room to focus on getting P3 from Keith or pierre.

Several laps go by uneventfully and I am gaining on P3 and am only about 1.2 behind! I can see Keith and Pierre having to deal with Chris B and Michael C and I am within a 1/3 of a turn of them. Now I must try to get by Chris and Mike cleanly middle to exit T2 to gain. Chris goes sliding up the track and I dive between them both with Mike on the inside wall tight and me coming fast just out side of him. I am worried he may not realize I am there and in P4 so what will he do on exit? go up to the exit point or slow down and keep it low so I can pass with momentum?

he keeps it low so I can keep going. I draft him down the back straight then pull inside him going into T3. We are door to door and he brakes early and lets me move along. Thanks MIke thats just being a PRO and I appreciate the courtesy!

So I am ripping more laps and holding pace with P3. And while entering T3 I see two cars tangled up high! It's Keith and Yves? I can't possibly be this lucky! so I take my usual line inside about 1 car width off the wall and then keith is moving down low! oh no! I am on the ragged edge. He gets below my line and I thinking I am this lucky! and then Keith gets squirrely trying to get going fast and moves up just a hair into my line and we clip each other. Front Bumper flies off my car and we are off to the pits for a repair. Its so hard to avoid in a fast oval race. you are in the corners just flying on the egde in a light drift and steerage is almost impossible for avoidance.

Ended up finishing 8th. oh well thats racing! can't say it wasn't exciting!

R2 sees me on pole. lucky me! I love this position! :drool:

I get a decent start but lose 2 spots right off. My car drifted a bit to the outside and I locked out Keith a bit so he ends up pedaling the car along the grass for a bit. Sorry Keith not intentional. I enter T1 with abdul inside me in P2 and Brandon on point but drifting high. Brandon does a slow lazy throttle on over steer slide clear across the track and hits the inside wall right in front of Abdul! We both miss Brandon and continue down the back straight P1 and P2. Entering T3/4 I ts my turn to do the old lazy throttle on oversteer drift across to the inside and force John s to avoid me while carrying momentum. Sorry john just lost a lille focus there.

I manage to keep going but drive t1/2 horribly and am just trying to hang onto a car thats not driving well!(can't be the pilot!:rotfl:) Peter passes me inside into T3 and drifts up into me and we make contact which peter gets the worst of. Keith is right there on my bumper too! I go all the way to the wall to avoid Peter. Keith gets low to get thru and I try to get back online while John S has driven rather brilliantly thru all the wreckage to split Keith and I to go after P3! well Keith moves just a hair to get all 4 tires on asphalt, John gives him room to do so and just ever so slightly catches my left rear and I hit the wall and remove the bumper again. NO worries John it's just a racing incident.

I apologize to any of you who got banged up in the corner as a result of Peter and I getting tangled. Sean Vohs certainly didn't fair well.

BUT CHECK OUT THE REPLAY OF SAM BEASON CUTTING THRU ALL THE CARS TO ASSUME P2! Well done Sam! or did you just close your eyes and see what lies on the other side? :giggle:

So we fix the car again fr 40 seconds on pit lane and soldier on. The n poor Sean does some crazy side ways endo hop going into T3 and we connect in the turn. I lose the bumper again and just drive it like that to a P7. another eally exciting race for me while it lasted.

I would definitely do this track and car combo again. You guys who struggled with set up, there were MANY available online you could try. But in the end this track is about carrying speed on the edge thru the corners. If you don;t feel comfortable like that then this will be a ball breaker race for you.

see yo uguys soon.

thx Eric and RD for the fun!

...It is a little harder to destroy a car here.

Very true, big run off areas here... (We need to do the Nordschleife or Rouen :D)
Although that blue & grey for 3 hours will get on the nerves of some...

...I'm just wondering how I can get the F430 to last.

You taking the F430 !!! Nice... Baby that engine; keep an eye on those rpm…

The Ferrari will surely give you the pole (or very near) in the class, next you just have 180 mins to do :D
If you do, you will prove many wrong:wink2:

• Bert Van Waes

Race report:

I qualified on this rather unknown track in 13th position (I'm having smth with this number, i'm sure!!). I immediately fell in love with it. Great combinations off turns and elevations.

The first race:

It was a nice sight seeing all those E30's growling away at the start line. Everybody ready to have a night of great friendly racing... But still the competition is quite high... Moments from green now. The revs go higher...

Green!!

racesteam20090514170245.png

We all fly off to a first squeeze through in the climbing follow ups. Man some tight racing in the first turns. After some fighting and some hits i ended up being in 12th, with Patrick behind me somewhere. But he's catching up already.
Just when it got too hot for me, Richard and Daniel decided to go hunt for ants and my focus on the ideal line and braking points was quickly overcome by not hitting them.

Patrick stayed cool however and could take me on the inside... Nice one!

racesteam20090514170608.png

11th position and the tension is building. And yes, where there is tension, it can break!
We fly with a bunch into the turn before the chicane and one had a lock on his brakes, others braking earlier, me braking later then normal, i hit one and skid off the track. When i came on the track it was in 14th position. Lap 1 finished...
Back to square one!

After some time i'm getting closer to Alex Gibson and knew this would be something good. We keep hanging together for some turns, laps. Him in the front, me coming behind.

racesteam20090514171026.png

In the practice i noticed we had the same pace so it should be a good fight. But i also noticed he had a bit of a problem back then with the little hill after the chicane... And guess what. He got a bit of wheelspin going over the bumps there and went off. I got to the point of no return and squeezed myself through there just near the bilboards and his nose... Fieuw!!

13th again...:laugh2:

Some laps later troubles begin.
For some laps i got the pace up there, but the focus eh! I lost it when flying over the start/finish and throwing it in the left uphill. Touched a bit off grass and wham, gone i was...
Richard and Coldrick can pass, so i'm down on 15th.

racesteam20090514171526.png

On the gas again to make up some time. And for some laps it's looking good again. I get to know the car better and better and this is going well. I even can start to do the little esses down in the forest by lifting it off here and there whilst sliding through them. God i love this car! My love for BMW is growing yet some more...

But that chicane eh. Again a run wide and there goes Peter Eriksson by. 16th position, common Bert!

And Patrick's back in the mirror too! What am i doing wrong? Too much enjoying the car? Perhaps, because just before the chicane he's able to pass me and guess what. I threw it in the right turn and had no grip at all, nada. I understeer straight to the tyrestack,...WHAM!!

racesteam20090514172255.png

Suspension damaged!!! On to the pits...

By now other victims were falling too and by the time i came back on track i was back 15th.

Some more give ups and 13th,...12th...

Last lap and since i got out again i kept her in good shape. But i saw 4 round lights coming closer, fast! The stress was back and i made an early mistake in the right hairpin in the forest. Taillwhipped her into the tyres, but kept the engine running...
When the car passed it looked to be the number one putting me on a lap, haha!! Stress for nothing, what a relieve, hehe.

i followed him to take the checkered flag. But not in 2nd though, just put a one in front will ya.:giggle:

Great times!!!
tx RaceDepartement, thanks to all the ones putting their evenings aside!
and to my fellow simmers.
Good racing out there!

Loving it!

Greets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.1%