RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry James, foolish was the wrong word to use. More 'brave/foolhardy'. But as they aren't matched up with the others as they were I don't think they should be used.

The GTS cars are quicker and more lively/fragile, but it depends who drives them of course :wink:

Anyway besides all this, only 7 people finished the last enduro on an easy track like Paul Ricard, I would be surprised if more than 3 finish this event at Nords.

(Yes thats another pop at the Nords.....Hate it Hate i...)

• Maks Stern

After reading Gary's post I watched the replay of the start of the second race and only now I realised what a mayhem I caused. First I collided with Nicholas (physics were a bit odd there) who then hit Gary and like he said, I also managed to hit Yves before Gary collected him. It sounds mad that I never became aware of any of this until now and it's unfortunate. It's a bit too late to notice things like that now but I hope it's not too late for an apology and hopefully I'm still able to participate in upcoming events as I'm really enjoying this community.

What times were you guys running?

The pole position was taken with a 1.51'7 lap and the fastest lap of the races was a 1.52'4.

Thanks Eric and RD!
Almost a good thing the grid wasn't full, these cars take up quite a bit of roadspace, hopping all over!

I pulled out a PB for Q, still way off the pace.

Race 1 was fun, I didn't have the tires wear as much as they had in practice runs. I bumped Abdul on the back straight and that set me back, sorry Abdul. Willie thought he bumped me on lap 4 and he slowed to let me back, replay shows he didn't have to do that. I owe you one Willie! Looks like a few dropped out to wait for race 2 and a better result? It seems that damage to these cars really kills lap times.

Race 2 a mixup in turn one a few laps in slowed me enough that I thought fixing the damage would make running out the race more fun. Coming out of the pit I think I upset Michel in T1, sorry if I did, I did watch the two of you come up. Next lap I put the nose into a barrier all by myself and in doing that I totally secured last place. Abdul and Michel provided some relief as they came up and fell back, I never saw so many blue flags!

Congrat's to all the fast guys! As Steve said, "very gentlemanly" out there.

Thnx for the race last night guys, broke a duck for me 2 points finishes in two races. and lonly 1 lap down in each:rotfl:

I'd not like these in the last race we had (Dijon-prennais) blowing up on both races. I'd practiced and never managed less than a 1:18 so when I'd seen that folks were running 1:10's considered not even joining. I'm glad that I did.

Was late in practice (as I was finishing of some skins) so only ran 4 or so laps b4 quali. "Borrowed" Keith's test set-up, adjusted steering lock and added a little longer 6th gear.

Managed a 1:14 or 1:15 on quali fuel qualified third to last.

Race 1 managed to balance revs and clutch and got a good start until the change to 2nd when I got a tank slapper on recovered reasonably quickly and got back in the race for the hairpin. Threaded my way through the Chaos there and found myself running 8th (quick smoemone get me some oxygen). Managed to build good pace over the next few laps making few mistakes and catching Denis who was just in front. On third last turn, he got a little out of shape and I thought that he was going to lose it so took a chance and dived down the inside just as he gathered it together. I thought that i bumped his rear quarter sending him on a quite spectacular slide so stopped to let him by. With retirements and engine blow ups which I miraculaousy avoided I finally finished 6 with race times consistently in the 1:14's.

Race 2, started from the second row of the grid (on full oxygen by now) Chris's jump start spooked me and i lost momentum off the start but managed to get back to 3rd after the hairpin. (a clear case of slowly there on the first lap to reap benefits) only to overcook it on the exit and needed to back out to recover. Other than a very hot front left for most of the race and having to let Keith and Tyler by was fairly happy with an 8th place finish. Not to forget the stop go for the third cut which was really my second as the one it wrned me about as my second was as a result of a bit of a grphics faulire.

Imagine it with 25 of these beasts!!

Positives no engine blow ups and two points finishes. thanks guys, ERic and RD

with the permission from Eric i have changed the track choice as the track picked at the start was a little bit too difficult to run with the R8 so i picked a track that people know and i think that it will be easier for everybody to enjoy their racing time :) i will also be in the server 1 hour before the start of the event to provide tips on how to drive and setup the car for everyone that will want my help.

Just put in few laps; I'm loving the track, it should be epic on Friday - 78 laps by my dodgy calculations. I'm doing high 1:30s in practice with around 26 ltrs, anyone else got any times yet? It feels like I'm quite fast but I know there's much room for improvement.

What?????? High 1:30's. Im doing low 1:32's. Not getting this track yet. And set up feels good but needs improving slightly. Here it is if anyone wants it:

Attachments

• Adam Mini.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back