RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Much thanks to all for another great event! Best fun I have had with my clothes on in a long time....

Couldn't qualify worth a hill of beans, but that was okay since almost everyone was faster than me anyway. Managed 11th, but at the start dropped back as the car in front got off to a SLOW start. After a few laps I got with in eye-shot of Rhys and Nisse battling it out. Glenn went off course and dropped behind me. I wanted to stay in touch with Rhys & Nisse hoping their close battle would slow them down and wear out their tires. They were slightly faster than me, so I didn't really want to get in their private hornet's nest. However, Glenn was gaining time and I had to start pushing a bit more.

About half way, I started closing the gap to the great battle between Nisse & Rhys (sometimes watching them was too much distraction, but they put on such a great show). I started getting closer due to the draft on the straight (and I had more speed down the straight). Eventually Nisse went wide (or got tired of trying to battle a car that had rolled over due to an incident at the start) and I got by. Trying my best to gain on Rhys and not reck Nisse who started pressuring me (and trying to conserver tires), I kept gaining on Rhys only to lose ground after a couple of laps.

Eventually Nisse decided it was time to make a move (as the race was winding down), and we had a few laps battling side by side. At one point I thought I had given him enough room on the inside, but as he had gone wide over the rumble strips, I guess I hadn't given him enough room. As he came bounding back onto the track, we touched and I went off into the gravel. Nisse gracefully slowed down and let me back on the track ahead of him.

With 2 laps to go, Nisse wanted his position back and battled hard. I wanted to get close enough to Rhys to draft past him on the straight. Made one bobble on the last lap and lost contact with Rhys and allowed Nisse to press hard. In the final 2 turns we were side-by-side (with a minor touch -- but no harm). I opted to force Nisse to the outside on the final turn (by taking the inside line) and he took advantage, passing me coming up the incline to the straight. We drag-raced to the finish line. Luckily I had the preferred line and better straight speed and passed by a cars length at the finish line.

Thanks again to everyone for such great challenging and fun races over the last few weekends. Yves, great choices of car/track combos! I may still be racing in the back, but it's been a hell of fun doing it!

Looking forward to the next event ...

I just noticed that this is now using 2 servers and there are 2 events. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see this before. Has a 2nd server and event been added to allow for the additional F1 drivers to join in for the 2nd event on the 2nd server? If so, that would be awesome!

:worship:

What kind of times are you guys running here? I've tried 6 or7 different cars and best that I can get is a 1.35.6 in the Pug 407. I figure the fastest guys will be in the 33s.

Havent run any laps there lately, but last years RDTCC the fastest guys were 1:32.xx. My fastest then was 1:32.4 in the lacetti. Never duplicated it when ive raced TCC in public servers.

Good pace I think anything 1:33.xx

Got a bunch of things I want to write/post here but work + GF Saturday-Tuesday = lack of posting :p

Shes going home tomorrow then I can clear my head :)

Keith

Guysh, what you do think of my skinshsh?

1joxo2.gif

I just noticed that this is now using 2 servers and there are 2 events. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see this before. Has a 2nd server and event been added to allow for the additional F1 drivers to join in for the 2nd event on the 2nd server? If so, that would be awesome!

:worship:

Jason, there always were 2 servers since we are going to have 3 races. 2x20mins and one a little longer (30mins). That way if someone crashes early on he still has another 2 rounds to look for:)

I will think what to do about the drivers not scheduled this Sunday.

Jason, there always were 2 servers since we are going to have 3 races. 2x20mins and one a little longer (30mins). That way if someone crashes early on he still has another 2 rounds to look for:)

I will think what to do about the drivers not scheduled this Sunday.

Ok, thanks Eric. I must have missed it the first time around. It would be cool if the first group of drivers got to race on the first server, with 2 races, and a second set of drivers got to race in the 2nd server. Of course, it's up to you, but a guy can be hopeful can't he? :desire: :fwd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%