RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Are you guys really running a 1.30 flat here? This is a tough track. Turn before the long straight is so important to hit fast and get on the throttle early without running out of room left. I've hit 1.32 but consistency is the key and I don't have it now.

Someone throw up a 1.30 fast lap so I can follow your ghost. Thx

Qualy: 1st
Race 1: 1st. My first gear was very short and I started too bad. Gregory took the 1st positon, but after his mistake in the end of the first long straight I was first again. When he and the 3rd player were fighting, I was increasing the time distance.
Race 2: 1st. First gear longer now. Started very quick and overtake 2 or 3 cars. I was behind Greg and wainting he to find a way to overtake the players ahead. After overtake Aritan I guess...I was behind Yves about 5 seconds. In some laps we were side by side in the straight and I took his position too.

Very nice track and awesome races!

hmmmmm,first i was 4th on the reservelist and now i'm 5th...strange.
You guys are not getting scared are you?lool.

I can't be there i'm off to see Metallica on the 18th! :bang::bang::bang:
Yeaaah!! rock on!! I saw them on Sonisphere festival here in Nijmegen(Netherlands) together with Korn, Slipknot and some other bands.
Was really great.

Mhmmmmm,its becomming more strange by the hour,now i'm back in 4th reservespot.

That was really a lot of fun again. I had serious drifting going on after a few laps onc ethe tires had worn.
I had two solid races, but was off the pace a little in the beemer. Had a good fight with a few guys and really enjoyed it.

@ Yves. I didn't feel the tap actually, I thought I just hit the gas to early. :)
Thanks Yves setting up another fun event.
See you guys next race.

Nice circuit, my first time here, 45 minutes before the race I didn’t even know the event existed, but at least I knew the car well :D

Used every non race session to practice and learn the track with race fuel. Had help from both on-line setups (Keith and Gregory, thanks) and did a few modifications to my taste. A narrow mix track (I like it) with logic in its layout unlike many 90’s circuits. Some parts are very similar to a tarmac rally stage and others are very fast. Spent a good 30 minutes learning to keep the car on the asphalt, especially on its middle part.

Qualify
(11th)
As above implies the grid position was of lesser importance and I was doing 36s a few laps earlier before my final grid time. But starting in the middle back of the field brought the responsibility of not doing a complete mess of the first few turns.

Race 1 (6th)
With the others misfortunes climbed earlie to 8th and yet on the first few laps took 7th behind R. Jesus.

Spent the rest of the race simdriving and drifting trying to catch Rogerio. That never happened and as my car was sliding all over the place, it was lots of fun to drive it.

In the end some unfortunate fellow simracer run out of fuel and I climbed to 6th something that was well above my early expectations.

Race 2 (6th)
With the grid inversion, started from 3rd. Took the fist corner from the outside line and when I was already thinking if the quicker guys (grid inversion) would be able to draft pass me, was forced to take the “farm route”.
S. Emmons, you were in a “death angle”, I couldn’t see you, if I had, I would have left room and done the turn fully on the outside line.
Dropped to last (only 13 for the 2nd race) but with others misfortunes quickly climbed to 8th. This time did 2 “real” overtakes, the last was E. Simmons leaving me in 6th (again). Until very near the end Steve kept my concentration by being close and every time I took a grass route (it was late here :D) he was there to remember me of the possible 7th.
Rogerio was again up front, more distant this time but the distance was somewhat constant.
In the end was 6th again, maybe a “prove” that was my “natural” position for this event.

Grats Bruno for booth victories (you are quickly gaining fame here at RD). Grats everyone as some of you were true farming experts :D

Thanks RD and race staff for organizing another good one and thanks everybody who participated, no doubt a clean and fun race.

[JOAO Andias said:
In the end some unfortunate fellow simracer run out of fuel and I climbed to 6th something that was well above my early expectations.

That was me. Trying to get the 4th place. I really thought i had enough fuel about 27 liters.
But at the moment i decided to attack, the cars begon to sputter. :hypnotized:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 240 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years