RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sry for the late report. On the basis that I went to bed straight after crashing out on race 2 and being offline for the weekend (and work today).

Practice: As the wife came in late, I only got a few laps practice in a new car. Philip I share your pain on the handling of the 308 which was ultimately my downfall. Managed to get the lap time down to 1:02. Only 4 Secs behind the fastest time.

Quali: Pleased as it's the first time i didn't screw the hot lap. Unfortunately the time was only good enough for 13th one above bob.

Race 1: poor start but I knew that i was quick) for me through turns 1-4 so made up a couple of places. Turn 4-5 the left right flick were rear end light in the 308 so I needed to take care. Managed not to spin it and worked my way through the pack who didn't. Finished around 8th I think after that. However my delight was short lived as I came around the last but 1 turn and encountered Eric rejoining after some carnage. Lost front Aero completely back to 13th. Managed a few more laps then on the last turn the front end pushed wide and crunch DNR and retire.

Race 2 Better start from Last pp;ace on the grid. through the carnage at turn 1 and running side by side with Jason in T2 and pulled away in turn 3. Careful again through 4-5 and avoided Yves rejoining. Clear track for the rest of my soon to be shortened race. Lap 6 round the last turn which is normally very stable. Back end pops out and I Finnish in the Pit wall Another DNR. Watched a bit, got a mini dump, went to bed.

I think live timing and a live broadcast would be far more interesting on Watkins rather than the horrible (b)ordscleife...no?

Could you please elaborate on that?

If you think there is an overtake contest in this endurance races, I'm afraid you might be into disappointment...

Regarding myself, in both endurance events I've been here at RD, I can't remember a single overtake for position in my Spa race and as for the Paul Ricard one, unimportantly I lost one position early on and nothing more.

As matter of fact in all my endurance events I always follow my line and don't follow defensive lines as the all concept of a defensive line for 180 minutes is above me.

These events are all about tactical fights regarding pit-stops and race pace, many times simracers are separated in the racetrack for a few seconds but they are following different race tactics, it’s a different kind of race/fight...

For instances, for overtaking bonanza, I do RDTCC sprints (in short STCC tracks) where on the last race 8 cars were all within 2 seconds gap a big part of the race... a very different “thrill” then what I "get" from endurance events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%