rF2 WEC Track Day @ Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) - Sat 14th June 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
HVZ7l9t.jpg
Track Day

Not an official WEC event, but it's in the same vein. Seen as the FIA has rather inconsiderately decided to host that silly 24 hour race at the same time as our usual slot, we have decided to postpone our planned, organised event so that you can all tune in to that Le Mans thingy. However, if you're like us, after watching for a couple of hours we really feel like racing ourselves. Therefore, we shall be opening up a server on the weekend of the event for you to experience driving around the Circuit de la Sarthe yourself.

Signing up for this event is not necessary, as it is an open track-day. Just turn up and drive!
You must be a licensed driver to race.

Event Details:
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LM 24
Track: Le Mans 1996 v1.0 (Download)
Car: Audi R18 (Download), Lola (Download), URD EGT (PayMod) (Buy)
Mod: Download

You will have the following cars to choose from:
  • Audi R18 TDI 2011 (LMP1)
  • Lola B12/60 Rebellion Racing 2013 (LMP1)
  • URD EGT cars (GTE)

If you decide to test drive the Lola then I'm sure that @Stefan Woudenberg would very much appreciate some feedback, which you can leave here. :thumbsup:

Weather: Sunny
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible

Assists
Traction control:
Allowed
ABS: Low
Auto-shifting: Allowed
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Event - Saturday, 14th June 2014
Open Session:
00:00 GMT (14th June) - 19:59 GMT (15th June)
The server will not be available until the day of the event.

Server password: click here

Please take note of the following:
Racing rules: click here
This may be an open session, but any mis-behaviour and disregard for the rules will be dealt with.

SERVER IS UP
Mod: Download

Last edited:
You are my man! Maybe we should use the free Corvette first like with the DT5 mod, so no one is turned off and can inform in his sign up, if he owns the mod or not.
From my experience the URD cars are quite a bit faster than the ISI Corvette GT2.
So maybe we could use the free URD Corvette and the Nissan GTR, so you have a bit of a variety in the GT field and everyone can join.

P.S. I hope @Stefan Woudenberg implements the engine upgrade, so I can push the Audis:whistling:

You are my man! Maybe we should use the free Corvette first like with the DT5 mod, so no one is turned off and can inform in his sign up, if he owns the mod or not.
From my experience the URD cars are quite a bit faster than the ISI Corvette GT2.
So maybe we could use the free URD Corvette and the Nissan GTR, so you have a bit of a variety in the GT field and everyone can join.

P.S. I hope @Stefan Woudenberg implements the engine upgrade, so I can push the Audis:whistling:

I am busy with that, hope to upload an improved version this week... ;)

I think the upcoming Indianapolis event shows we have no shortage of EGT owners on RD :p We're at 26 drivers for that race.

I'd definitely like to try out your Lola LMP though, Stefan. I may even sneak a few peeks before the track day :whistling:

Will the server be set to test session or can we schedule it for 30min races or so, so we can have some real fun when enogh guys and girls are on the server.

We'll decide in time. I was just planning for it to be a single test session that matched the real time of day at Le Mans, but if there's enough interest then I could set it up so that there are periodic 30 minute race sessions as well. :thumbsup:

Owned the URD mod for a month now and not had a chance to use it so I'll definitely be jumping on at some point!

Maybe a couple of hours after the start of the race once it's settled down a bit :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%