rF2 WEC Practise Sprint Race @ Silverstone - Fri 16th May 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks for the race.
When the rain came I was in P3 (not used to that) and figured the wets would come in handy. Pitted and then a lap later it was drying. My maths told me that a couple more laps and I could do in on one tank of fuel so stayed out for a couple more. Crashed on my outlap on the slicks at Copse and it was 89 sec repair. I sat and watched you guys from in car while I waited as the fast food guys weren't ready yet.
Rejoined dead last.

Apologies to Juanmo who I think had contact with me due to my impatience at the final chicane. I should have waited for pit straight.

Still It was a good night and all the cars looked great, well done all on your skinning.

Last edited:
Had to start at the back as I was victim of a nasty pitlane/stop and go penalty bug.
As I had to be extra careful to start behind the gte cars that II span out due to low downforce. It started raining, so thought I would take my changes and get me some inters...... wrong choice... back to the pit for slicks... going out of the pit... got stuck between the pit walls.... When I got out I was more than a lap back and probably death last.
I started doing my laps and caught up one by one and if I didn't had to do a splash and dash at the end I would have become 6th... but had to do with 7th... :)

It was sometimes hard to overtake gte's as they moved over from the racing line.
I hope my overtake actions were without troublesoem for others.

See you guys tomorrow! :)

Really enjoyed that! Looking forward to the full event. :thumbsup:

A few shots from the race showing LSD Racing's Audi R18 (LMP1) driven by Me & the Ferrari F458 (GTE) driven by @Davy Lauwereys .

2hy88ja.jpg

2ex4q37.jpg

28lawaq.jpg

As usual a bad start. I went off track in T2, so i waited for a clear track to rejoin at the back of the LMPs and just when i got into the rhythm it started to rain. :O_o: I hesitated to go to the pit and go for intermediate tires. But the car felt good in the rain. :D So i kept ongoing.

I got myself into P1 :geek:. and then there was Freddy again. :roflmao: New mission: keep him behind me for more then 2 laps. :D Traffic and a drying line helped a lot. But as the track was drying more and more, I had to put all the tricks out of the book. Finally I could not hold it anymore... But it was epic :geek:.

Then i needed to pit. With 5/0 on the fuel counter. I really needed to pit.:O_o:
And then there was Marco. He choose the inside, that i had in mind. So i went outside and shoot in the pits just in front of him... Plan didn't work out that well... :(
Again Sorry @Marco Bijl ... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

What a blast, that was.

Missed qualy and then had some PC issues and grey join button again after I had a crash in warm-up.
Thanks that you restarted for me, but that got a bit messy. Sorry I caused that.

As I had no qualy I had to start from 21st at the back of the GTE pack. I was very careful with overtaking and waited for the Start/Finish line to avoid a penalty.

Into T4 I turned in on 2 GTE's and had minor contact. I am very sorry for that. even with all virtual mirrors visibilty is poor and the GTE's were all over the place. I let a cars width space, but there were two, which I couldnt see.

After that I rushed through the GTE's all very nice, but I was already 18 seconds behind the leader. Rene seemed to really struggle in the rain, which allowed my to catch up very fast. Had some great action with @Gijs van Elderen. I was quicker, but you cant really go off line as it was still a bit damp and he was strong in traffic.

Then I figured out it is 40min instead of 20min (started with 75L of fuel) :whistling:
Had to stop early and went super save and took 75L and fresh tyres (the old once were still ok, but didn't cost any extra time). After my stop I really had to push, because Gijs could have saved at least 5 to 10 seconds with a better calculated fuel stop.
After my stop I had a lot of traffic and had to overtake some LMP1's, which were still on their first stint. Unfortunately Gijs had a problem in the pits, so I finished 7 seconds ahead of Rene, who gained some time with a better strategy.

That was really a great race and really great behaviour on track from the GTE's as well as the LMP1's was a real joy to drive and never thought I could gain so much in the wet. Otherwise it would have been much more difficult.

I am just uploading a highlights video. Really nice to watch all the action and cars going side by side:inlove:

Pretty nice race,

After recieving a small hit from daiman in t3 i was able to get back on track quickly so i tried to push a bit with a minor suspension damage and tires that were hot and wrecked as hell due to the slide after contact. after the first lap i got into a nice rythm and had a good racepace closing the gap to the cars that were in front of me. as it started raining i thought about pitting and getting wets but i didn't do that. as i was behind the 4 man pack in front of me during the rain i tried to attack and gain some positions what didn't work out pretty well because the track outside was pretty slippery. but es the track was drying i finally used my chances to get ahead of these guys pulling away from them. unfortunately i had to pit about 3 laps to finish so i went in with a gap big enough to come out in front of them. the pitstop worked pretty well although i got a stop and go without any reason. so i drove two more laps with fresh tyres and a bit more fuel to open up the gap a bit to collect my stop and go what didn't work so i finished 13th but was set back to p19 which was a shame after such a good run;)

Cheers
Rico

Always good with test races. I was surprised I was so close to Kiveläs Fezza in qually with a not perfect lap. Race start was not good I was on the pit limiter when the start went lol

Second runner did a misstake went into the pits when the rain came and I knew Fezza wouldn´t have to pit so it was quite an uneventful race with not much close racing.

LMPs is hard to deal with when you can´t hear them. Got into contact with one I hadn´t noticed braking into the T3 hairpin. Would it hurt doing a cohession to realism and add Vuvuzelas ;)

As for holding the line. I hear many say holding your racing line but there is many times it´s beneficial for both that you be predictable and hold your line but not your racing line necessarily when cars is lapping that you don´t race. Need to look in mirrors in multiclass sadly even though it does make you go slower. LMPs need to do risc calculations also of course.

Esses and last chicanes there shouldn´t be any attempt there it just never work out well or one car looses a lot of time.

I really hope I make it tomorrow I realize it´s my mothers birthday so will see.

this was a very usefull race, i hadn't been in a race were i was overtaken by P1 in a long time, so i had to get used to drive with an eye on the mirror again. It was a very hard race for me, during the first half of the race i had a good time, was able to avoid big mistakes and lap consistently, even during the short rain period, during the second half of the rac i started to get sleepy and i started making stupid mistakes that cost me a lot of time, fortunately i was able to fiishe the race whch was very important in order to get ready for tomorrow's race, i hope i'm not as sleepy tomorow as i was today :D
thank you for the race and to the top3 in both calsses and those who finished, and sorry if i caused ou any problem during the race, it wasn't intenional

No problem @Gijs van Elderen But next time, stay behind :). As you where lapping me (I can't know you are going in the pits), I need to stay on my line, and not defend. Choosing the other line would have been defending for that upcoming corner, so I had no other choice then to go where I went :).

Race was good practice. Entered very late as I had other things to do first, and noticed I was way off speed. At least 4 seconds slower. During the race I had some nice fights, and some good fun. Looking forward to tonight!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back