Alright when was that again.....?

Dead in the water. Hydrogen rules still on track for 2024, who's gonna bother with this? Peugeot promised to join in 2012 too & broke that even with a car in testing. Toyota have said they'll never do LMDh because they use endurance racing to develop their own hybrid tech.

Last edited:
Unless there's a catch I'm not seeing, this is some really encouraging news. This was the promise of the hypercar spec: it was going to attract manufacturers, both new and lapsed. Having a Peugeot at LeMans seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.
The funny thing is that they are all prototypes in the end except for Glinckenhaus I think xD
I guess building a rulebook around BoP got their attention more than anything

The funny thing is that they are all prototypes in the end except for Glinckenhaus I think xD
I guess building a rulebook around BoP got their attention more than anything
While both LMH and LMDh will have BoP, if BoP was the deciding factor for Peugeot, wouldn't they have chosen to do a LMDh car since it would be cheaper?

They chose to do a Hypercar because it allows them to express their technology more.

While both LMH and LMDh will have BoP, if BoP was the deciding factor for Peugeot, wouldn't they have chosen to do a LMDh car since it would be cheaper?

They chose to do a Hypercar because it allows them to express their technology more.
No. They said above the BoP allows for freedom on "general shape", they want a design that can identify the brand and they won't have to spend a ton of money making it possible thanks to BoP
Also technically you can buy a base P2 and build the rest on your own and call it a hypercar, the difference is that you'd get the more powerful hybrid option and save on crash test homologation
And the BoP is between both platforms + all cars in the grid so whatever you pick you'll be fine, again: thanks to BoP.
There is no way Peugeot would be back if current rules were kept with those high costs, if it was the case they wouldn't have left to begin with.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years