Alright when was that again.....?

Magnussen is fast on a good day in qually and usually decent in races where Grosjean can be lightning quick in qualifiying (once every few years) and **** in the races mostly. None of them are world class, but neither is the car. Out of the two, I'd marginally pick Magnussen, he dosent complain much either.
Neither Perez or Hulkenberg is better than any of the two Haas drivers, but they both have more experience, however, they're also a fair bit more expensive. Perez can bring millions from his wealthy family and good sponsorship ties, Hulkenberg only brings experience and sometimes slightly better pace than Perez. Personally I'd go for Perez/Magnussen. Perez for money/experience and Magnussen because he knows the team well. Having two new guys in the team, experienced or not, is a risk.

But more importantly, Haas really need to get a grip of what they're doing, because I dont think they have a clue. One day the car is crap, next day its brilliant and all they say is that they dont know why. How can you not know that, telemetry is your friend in this regard. If drivers are happy, look at telemetry and note down anything in that particular moment and see if you can replicate that across all conditions. Saying you just dont know why the car is great and crap from one session to another is not good enough.

Magnussen is fast on a good day in qually and usually decent in races where Grosjean can be lightning quick in qualifiying (once every few years) and **** in the races mostly. None of them are world class, but neither is the car. Out of the two, I'd marginally pick Magnussen, he dosent complain much either.
Neither Perez or Hulkenberg is better than any of the two Haas drivers, but they both have more experience, however, they're also a fair bit more expensive. Perez can bring millions from his wealthy family and good sponsorship ties, Hulkenberg only brings experience and sometimes slightly better pace than Perez. Personally I'd go for Perez/Magnussen. Perez for money/experience and Magnussen because he knows the team well. Having two new guys in the team, experienced or not, is a risk.

But more importantly, Haas really need to get a grip of what they're doing, because I dont think they have a clue. One day the car is crap, next day its brilliant and all they say is that they dont know why. How can you not know that, telemetry is your friend in this regard. If drivers are happy, look at telemetry and note down anything in that particular moment and see if you can replicate that across all conditions. Saying you just dont know why the car is great and crap from one session to another is not good enough.
Yes, and Haas should also invest in a 3D scanner and this CNC tool that can be used to measure objects. Whole 2019 they complained about understanding the tyres and at the end 2019 it was aero instead of tyres.

The best is to have starter, It used to be Charlie Whiting but i don't know who replaced him as he is deceased. His electronic board allows him to talk to drivers. If it is possible for him to hack into all team radio's he can tell all 22 drivers once bunched up to get ready. then go. He is in the crows nest so he can see all the drivers and the start line.
Michael Masi replaced Charlie Whiting.

Hey, i am wanting to mod my helmets and i have seen the thread for it has been removed any help you guys can give?

Or anything that does the same. If you have the files that would be cool if you could send me them possibly?

Yes, and Haas should also invest in a 3D scanner and this CNC tool that can be used to measure objects. Whole 2019 they complained about understanding the tyres and at the end 2019 it was aero instead of tyres.
Is this sarcasm and/or irony aimed at a team owned by one of the world's preeminent CNC tool manufacturers?

The question becomes, whose car should Haas scan?

Is this sarcasm and/or irony aimed at a team owned by one of the world's preeminent CNC tool manufacturers?

The question becomes, whose car should Haas scan?

Of course irony, from all the teams in F1 I expect Haas to be most about precision engineering. How can their car be great one day and bad the other day. It must have been screwed wrong together.

French manufacturer Peugeot has revealed the first images of it 2022 Le Mans Hypercar project.
  • The four-wheel-drive hybrid will produce about 680BHP, and be slightly larger than the cars which raced in the LMP1 class.
  • The new Le Mans Hypercar (LMH) class will replace LMP1 as the top category in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
  • Peugeot will join in 2022, with confirmed LMH entries for the category's inaugural 2021 season including ByKolles, Glickenhaus and Toyota.

Peugeot will make its Le Mans 24 Hours return in 2022. The French manufacturer is a three-time winner of the classic endurance race, and will be looking to win many more as they offer a glimpse of their striking LMH prototype car.

Brand CEO, Jean Philippe shared a little about why the marque is going back to Le Mans, and it's reason for choosing the LMH category:

“Le Mans is the holy grail of the automobile world. It is the race who determines its winner. For us, this represents 3 victories but also the endless sweat, tears and joy and an incredible team spirit with TOTAL, with whom we celebrate this year, 25 years of collaboration.
"The choice of the LMH category was dictated by several criteria, one being that of a certain aerodynamic freedom. This makes it possible to incorporate, with the support of PEUGEOT Design, the aesthetic detail of the brand."

The yet to be named car is being developed at Peugeot's Paris office, with the project being overseen by its technical director, Olivier Jansonnie:

"To this date, we have confirmed part of the aerodynamic concept, the engine framework has been decided and we have chosen the functionality of the hybrid system and its fundamental design.
"We still have several steps left before our debut in endurance in 2022, in studies, the production of prototypes and finally, affirmation on the bench and on the track."

sideprofile.jpg

The new LMH rules specify that cars must be equipped with "an electric motor and a maximum power of 200kW on the front axle." The current Balance of Performance rule will continue to be applied to keep the competition close. Jansonnie explained that while this "certainly sets limits", it still "allows room for many technical possibilities...specifically on the general shape."

Rearprofile.jpg

It remains unclear whether or not Peugeot will in fact field their car from the start of the season, or whether they will debut their LMH prototype later on in the year. Jean-Marc Finot, who is the boss of Peugeot motorsport explained that "because the car will be [homologated] for five years, we need to be sure of our design."

Let us know what you think of Peugeot and Total's Le Mans Hypercar prototype, which will feature in the 88th edition of the 24 Hours of Le mans.

frontprofile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is everyone’s responsibility to safely make a move around a car in front of them and the guys in the back did not do this. Maybe they need to review how it is done in IndyCar.

They didn't do this because it was literally impossible to see when the front started. If Bottas was at the back he would have crashed and got a warning, yet he is criticising people at the back for not looking in their mirrors.

Wow, glad to see them come back for the greatest race on earth. Hopefully we will see get some epic battles between these new Peugeots and the Toyotas along with the always awesome GTs
I may have missed it, but is Aston still building a hyper car for this? And anyone know if Audi are even slightly tempted to come back to the fray?

Last edited:
As we build up to the 24 Hours of Le mans, the technical regulations for next year's LMDh class have been finalised and released.
  • The Le Mans Daytona h (LMDh) prototypes class is set to replace the Datyona Prototype International (DPi) class.
  • They will race alongside LMH category in the FIA World Endurance Championship from 2021.
  • The confirmed regulations are a product of the joint effort from the FIA, IMSA and the ACO.
Back in January, during the build up to this year's 24 Hours of Daytona, ACO and IMSA announced that a new LMDh class would replace the DPi class from 2021. Eight months on, with the details finalised, the technical regulations have been confirmed ahead of this weekend's 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Presidents of IMSA, the ACO and the FIA's Endurance Commission shared the job of releasing the news at a press conference on Friday:

"Since the announcement of the IMSA and ACO convergence back at Daytona in January, and the opportunity for a competitor to enter the same car at both the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship and the FIA World Endurance Championship, we have received and responded to many specific questions from prestigious automakers.
"We’ve also had those same automakers very involved in the development of the LMDh regulations, and I think all of us are very encouraged and confident, that as we announce the final regulations today, it will bring more names to the table.
"Certainly, the top level of endurance sports car racing has now a very clear, tangible and very bright future. This is, quite frankly, very good news in this difficult global context."

IMSA and ACO technical directors Matt Kurdock and Thierry Bouvet shared some of the main points of interest for the new LMDh class, which will feature hybrid engine technology, with cars costing one million Euro without the power unit.

LMDH-Render-2.jpg

Authorisation has been given to just four chassis constructors to manufacture LMDh cars, including Dallara, Ligier, ORECA and Multimatic. The minimum weight for the prototypes will be 1,030kg, with a common wheelbase length for all cars. Each manufactuer will be allowed "to bring their own identity and styling cues" with free reign of the upper body styling, while using a "controlled underfloor."

The hybrid powertrain will be a product of Williams Advanced Engineering, Bosch and Xtrac. The combined power output from the internal combustion engine and a "spec hybrid powertrain system" will be just over 670bhp:

"The Bosch motor is integrated with the Xtrac gearbox, while the Williams Advanced Engineering battery will be integrated with the Bosch motor controller. This is all in a compact assembly, which installs from underneath the survival cell in an isolated compartment from the driver.

Kurdock described the collaboration between IMSA and the ACO as being "effective":

"ACO and IMSA have led a collaborative effort along with the four chassis constructors and the three hybrid powertrain suppliers to come up with a common LMDh solution.
"I think this demonstrates effective work and collaboration between ACO and IMSA...we should have announced this in June had we not had the health crisis.
"I think the efficiency of the process is a further reflection of the importance of this collaboration between IMSA and the ACO, and the future of endurance sports car racing...To have the same car be able to run at Daytona and Le Mans is an expectation of all of our manufacturer partners, and can you only imagine how this is going to make our fans feel?"

Let us know what you think of the new regulations, and who you hope to see lining up next year in the LMDh category.

cover.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%