AC WEC Multiclass @ Monza OSRW - Sat 28Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ok Hooligans and Time Bandits, my internet is down so I can't join you guys and I'm really going to miss racing with all of you.

Since my internet is down, I couldn't start the server and this is the most complicated one to set up SO I would like to thank Buster for somehow finding a way to get this thing up and going so we can still have a race. He is brand new to all of this stuff and is knocking it out of the park. Please be sure to thank him for saving the day.

Have a great race. I'll be pounding my fists into the wall:mad::cautious:

Ok Hooligans and Time Bandits, my internet is down so I can't join you guys and I'm really going to miss racing with all of you.

Since my internet is down, I couldn't start the server and this is the most complicated one to set up SO I would like to thank Buster for somehow finding a way to get this thing up and going so we can still have a race. He is brand new to all of this stuff and is knocking it out of the park. Please be sure to thank him for saving the day.

Have a great race. I'll be pounding my fists into the wall:mad::cautious:

That just means you need to host more WEC Events :D

I didn't hear any complaints from the LMP guys, was certainly easy to let them through - noone tried any impatient passes on me mid-corner or came close to punting me off. That was pretty enjoyable, watching those guys go past reguarily. My race was over in the first corner though ( admittedly my car wasn't fast enough anyway ) - apologies to Rob for our trip into the deep gravel, took me by surprise & I couldn't get out of the way, I should probably have been a bit more aware there.

@Maciej Strzeboński , here's the start of our fight from my perspective. Timestamp should be 2:13:18.
I really enjoyed that, and I'm also really glad I was only running 0 front and 2 rear wing. That made my life really, really easy. It's a shame we bumped at the end there; I was kind of hoping for a photo finish since we probably crossed the line neck and neck multiple times, only for me to hit turn one a car length ahead.

Other than that, LMP1 drivers were very patient (almost overly so), but it was nice to see. You guys left us GT drivers more than adequate space to battle.

My only other point of note that I can think of is that GT cars just need to be a bit more predictable when being lapped by other GT cars, not just LMP1s. I was lapping someone on the front straight and got in his slipstream and after a few moments looked a bit to my left for about a second to check timing. When I looked back (in VR), his brake lights were on, and we were only half way down the straight. I had to swerve off track to avoid collecting us both. I get that slowing down is meant to make the pass easier, but just being more predictable is much better.

My race was over in the first corner though ( admittedly my car wasn't fast enough anyway ) - apologies to Rob for our trip into the deep gravel, took me by surprise & I couldn't get out of the way, I should probably have been a bit more aware there.
likewise sorry from my side, I obviously broke way too early which got us both into trouble, then my tires seem to go from 70 to 100C in about two seconds in the gravel... the tire temp rise in grass and gravel in AC always seems like a joke to me!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%