Alright when was that again.....?

I think you could debate your comments about racing being more intense and the tracks being better in Europe. I do agree your chances are much better getting into F1 if you live in Europe and participate in the F3 and F2 ladder. We have 1 American in the F3 championship and he is third with 1 win (Logan Sargeant).
You also had an entire RedBull F1 driver academy dedicated soley to the US and only Scott Speed emerged out of it to F1 ... and was kicked out for his shitty attitude.

One day there will be hybrid/electric-drivesystems in Nascar too...
Honestly i think hybrid technology is pretty cool it gives the driver more tactical options than a conventional engine would if it is used wisely you wouldent need to refuel for a whole trip ontop of it you still get the cool sounds of a conventional engine as well you dont get that with a electric car so if i were to chose which vheical i'd buy i'd go for a hybrid plus you dont need to store mass amounts harmful battery acid which could also harm the environment during the manufacturing process.

Last edited:
i Have not followed motorsports recently but apparently Ferrari is now considered to be the meme team they used to be such a dominant force under Schumacher and kimi raikonnen so what went wrong between those years did the manufacture got too greedy or what.

Last edited:
They were a dominant force in one decade, 2000-2010, that's it, before that you have to go back to the early 80's. If you look at the whole history, they have often been caught out performing worse than their budget would indicate. The main reason they had success in early 2000's was Todt, then Brawn and finally Schumacher's skill to drive any car fast, but even then it took them the use of unlimited testing resources on their backyard in Fiorano and still they had trouble beating Newey cars.

They were a dominant force in one decade, 2000-2010, that's it, before that you have to go back to the early 80's. If you look at the whole history, they have often been caught out performing worse than their budget would indicate. The main reason they had success in early 2000's was Todt, then Brawn and finally Schumacher's skill to drive any car fast, but even then it took them the use of unlimited testing resources on their backyard in Fiorano and still they had trouble beating Newey cars.
ah that makes sense thanks sounds like sticking to tradition for so long really came back to haunt them.

People say success in F1 is derived by money. But that is not always the case. Teams with smaller budgets have been kicking them in the teeth for years. The Money is invested in advanced technology that can fail. We have all had that fancy PC or car that just dose not want to work. I think it is that the form was so high last year and they have fallen a long way. Usually teams slide slowly. All we know is the team did something with the engine, probably additives in fuel to boost power. FIA looked into it and said it was not legal and now they have to use a engine with minimal development. As they got busted close to start of season. :mad::mad::mad:

In my opinion they do have a great driver in Leclerc.

As for memes, the internet and F1 fan culture is a joke. Make memes of your great teams like Williams and Ferrari instead of realising it is a shame for the sport.

Schumacher was different level when he came through though. It basically depends on how well Leclerc can build the team with a team principal.

Last edited:
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2020 Formula One Russian Grand Prix!

With Italy having offered us a very chaotic and exciting couple of races, the Formula One circus has travelled to the Black Sea, for this weekend's seventh Russian Grand Prix at Sochi.

The fourth-longest circuit on the original calendar consists mostly of medium speed corners, which see the drivers taken around the Sochi Olympic Park. Some of the more spectacular parts of the track are the long, constant radius turn three, and come race day, the one kilometre run down to turn two.

Mercedes have unquestionably been the dominant force in F1 throughout the hybrid era, but arguably nowhere more so than at Sochi. They remain the only team to have won around the Olympic Park, and with low tyre degradation and the race expected to be a comfortable one-stopper, it's hard to picture a repeat of the chaos that ensued at Monza and Mugello.

This weekend could see Lewis Hamilton match Michael Schumacher's record of 91 race victories, as he makes his 260th F1 start. However, the Briton has not been on pole at Sochi since 2014, despite the advantage of a dominant Mercedes. Bottas has outqualified him two times to one in Russia as teammates, and will no doubt fancy his chances at making Hamilton wait a little longer to match the record for all-time wins in Formula One.

sochi.jpg

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Ferrari are the absolute masters in building a huge house of cards, then when putting the last card on the top, they implode and knock the whole thing down. When they have a fast car and fast driver, they screw themselves with poor reliability and strategy, when they have reliability and strategy and fast driver they have a slow car, and when everything else is going well the drivers stuff the cars.

They're paid more than anyone else on the grid and there is a feeling (accurate or not is a whole other story) that they receive preferential treatment in FIA decision making, so there really isn't any excuse.

The track itself doesn't have much appeal to me, but I'll be tuned in to the next few races to see Lewis get his all-time wins record. Looking at the other active drivers' win counts, it'll be a long time before anyone threatens this record.

Stroll is almost on par with Perez, he's underrated & probably faster than Vettel.

You guy watch way too much news & drama.

Yes, I think Vettel will race as 2nd driver for next season.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%