Alright when was that again.....?

Wonderful news!
Again one of the cars I got familiar to due to simracing and not the opposite (other example the Gillet Vertigo).
Think first time was in early version of AC. But didn't drive it before watching more very good presentations at Youtube by James Glickenhaus himself. He has so much racing DNA to the bone as I've only experienced by a handful other racing car inventors.
And then I got hooked with AC's interpretion of one of his SCG.

This is the kind of racing DNA 24 Heures du Mans need these years.
Just can't wait for it!

Seems like a massive waste of GBP.

If they are going to do something this ridiculous, print cutouts of each would-be ticket buyer in the fan kit of their team/driver.

Why not pipe in simulated crowd noise?

And while they're at it, substitute the scream of a naturally-aspirated V8/V10/12 or a non-hybrid turbo.

Surprised there isn't a thread already!

Not going to go into the history books as an all-time classic by any means, it was perhaps a little stale by oval standards, but it was great to see the cars back on track.

It looks like they've done some resurfacing work in the corners, the Firestone rep said they were down 15% grip on the new pavement. As a consequence, there was really only 1 line, so I think that really curtailed the action. It was a bit of a parade (by oval standards, at least).

There were a couple big heartbreaks that I don't want to be the first to mention in case anyone reading this plans to watch the replay :cool:

Long wait till the next race - about a month until they are at the Indy road course but, from there, the schedule is pretty jammed so hopefully we'll see some action.
I didn't get to watch it. I had my DVR set to record it, and evidently NBC or my local NBC station changed it to other content. I agree that it was nice to see the cars back on track.

Seems like a massive waste of GBP.

If they are going to do something this ridiculous, print cutouts of each would-be ticket buyer in the fan kit of their team/driver.

Why not pipe in simulated crowd noise?

And while they're at it, substitute the scream of a naturally-aspirated V8/V10/12 or a non-hybrid turbo.
Somebody's idea of a late April Fool's joke - it has to be that. Nobody could be stupid enough to really propose that...?

Surprised there isn't a thread already!

Not going to go into the history books as an all-time classic by any means, it was perhaps a little stale by oval standards, but it was great to see the cars back on track.

It looks like they've done some resurfacing work in the corners, the Firestone rep said they were down 15% grip on the new pavement. As a consequence, there was really only 1 line, so I think that really curtailed the action. It was a bit of a parade (by oval standards, at least).

There were a couple big heartbreaks that I don't want to be the first to mention in case anyone reading this plans to watch the replay :cool:

Long wait till the next race - about a month until they are at the Indy road course but, from there, the schedule is pretty jammed so hopefully we'll see some action.
Nice write up without giving away any of the interesting details.

I agree--it was great to see IndyCar return to action even if the race was rather uneventful. The shortened length (only 200 laps instead of the usual 248 because practice & qualy were the same day) may have hindered more exciting action as other racing lines might have appeared.

Nice write up without giving away any of the interesting details.

I agree--it was great to see IndyCar return to action even if the race was rather uneventful. The shortened length (only 200 laps instead of the usual 248 because practice & qualy were the same day) may have hindered more exciting action as other racing lines might have appeared.

Yeah, that's a good point about the race length. I noticed an uptick of action towards the end. Some of that could have been a natural consequence of the end of the race being near, but also the track was getting cooler and rubbered in, so those could have been factors, too.

Maybe I am being harsh but it would not surprise me if Hamilton refused to beat Schumacher's record unless Bernie came back and gave him a cardboard cutout crowd.

I think that simply put the only team who allows drivers to compete is McLaren. I don't think the top 3 teams are interested in real racing between their drivers as they have enough competition.

As for Vettel, the only move that could make sense for him is possibly Renault but everything is up in the air. I can't see Mercedes wanting to get rid of Hamilton before he breaks Schumacher's record, and I don't think they'd want another older driver who is more expensive than his talent.

Maybe I am being harsh but it would not surprise me if Hamilton refused to beat Schumacher's record unless Bernie came back and gave him a cardboard cutout crowd.
Maybe I am being harsh also, but I don't believe Michael would have cared if there was a crowd present when he set his record.

While I believe Carlos is a very capable driver and like the fire I have seen on him even in lesser rides, I had long hoped that Danny Ric would get a ride with the prancing horse.

I think that simply put the only team who allows drivers to compete is McLaren. I don't think the top 3 teams are interested in real racing between their drivers as they have enough competition.

As for Vettel, the only move that could make sense for him is possibly Renault but everything is up in the air. I can't see Mercedes wanting to get rid of Hamilton before he breaks Schumacher's record, and I don't think they'd want another older driver who is more expensive than his talent.
I understand that at Mercedes, going forward, like any team, they will have to be careful about the driver's salary. However, in recent memory, they were a team comfortable with having Hamilton and Rosberg duke it out a few years back. At least, it gives me hope from that perspective.

I understand that at Mercedes, going forward, like any team, they will have to be careful about the driver's salary. However, in recent memory, they were a team comfortable with having Hamilton and Rosberg duke it out a few years back. At least, it gives me hope from that perspective.

It is possible but not with current money imo. They are already taking hits paying drivers and team bosses on massive wages and bonuses that don't make sense except for winning advertising. You have to remember when Mercedes started they were not a winning team.

George Russell is a good driver option in my opinion. Especially if I am a team boss in a financial meltdown. Young, part of a Mercedes driving academy, and brings his own sponsorship. If he does well as a number two you can either keep him on or replace Lewis as a number one like Leclerc did with Vettel.

I agree that George Russel is the sensible choice. However, I am just dreaming of having Hamilton and Vettel fight each other with the same car. Then, we would know who is the fastest.

Obviously, Lewis is fantastic but he never raced in a mid-field car. If I was Lewis, I would welcome the challenge of having a 4-time World Champion as a teammate.

The truth is that Mercedes were not a winning team before Hamilton moved there. Also that Vettel threw away at least one or two championship shots with Ferrari when there was no margin for error.

In my mind I already know who is the fastest now. Perhaps it would be the opposite ten years ago.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back