Alright when was that again.....?

Sexy ass even if i don't understand how it would be nice for a race car.
That's probably why the car appears to be changing away from that cool road car look :/ I think the title image at the top of this article is a newer image than the other renders in the article. Notice how it is similar but transformed more towards an LMP now

Bless them and their optimism, they really think they're gonna make it to Le Mans and possibly win it too. Also real talk that car looks like something straight out of GTA, it doesn't look like a real race car but a car that's trying to look like a real race car.
well they kicked the butts of big manufacturers and drivers in a rally last year (Baja?)
There is BoP, as long as you make the car easy to drive and good on tires you'll be fine

So what you're saying is I need to make plans to go to France in 2021 decked out in Glickenhaus gear and American flags.
well, probably American AND Italian gear. Glickenhaus has used Pinafarina in designing his first car(which looked very similar to the Ferrari P300) The engine builder is Italian and the chassis fabricator is also Italian.

ebay459847.jpg

:poop:

Good news for Jim Glickenhaus after so many years of being allowed to enter only the Nurburgring 24h for so many years with no invites to Le Mans it seems the changes in the rules and the world of Motorsport in general have finally made it possible :D

They did well in some 24H Series races awhile back but usually ran into reliability issues & they regularly race in the VLN. They led at Misano one year after 9 hours then ran into engine trouble.
I always route for them in the VLN, but they prove how hard it is to fight against full works factory race cars.
But I love their approach, they took the GT3 class rule book and build there car to fit it (tho ofc they did not start in SP9 but SP-X), I've heard how "frightened" Audi, Porsche and all were that a Honda powered car could potentially beat them in the 24h ;)

They move away from that Honda/HPD powerplant now, but Pipo Moteurs is a bit of box of secrets in this context. They are known for highest power rally and rallycross engines, and some article I found even explicitly says that the SCG 007 will get what is essentially two Hyundai i20 WRC engines in a vee.

I always route for them in the VLN, but they prove how hard it is to fight against full works factory race cars.
But I love their approach, they took the GT3 class rule book and build there car to fit it (tho ofc they did not start in SP9 but SP-X), I've heard how "frightened" Audi, Porsche and all were that a Honda powered car could potentially beat them in the 24h ;)

They move away from that Honda/HPD powerplant now, but Pipo Moteurs is a bit of box of secrets in this context. They are known for highest power rally and rallycross engines, and some article I found even explicitly says that the SCG 007 will get what is essentially two Hyundai i20 WRC engines in a vee.

Yes to be honest I had never heard of Pipo Moteurs until recently. That's definitely an interesting choice of engine supplier.

Yes to be honest I had never heard of Pipo Moteurs until recently. That's definitely an interesting choice of engine supplier.
OK I have to admit after some research that this looks more and more interresting.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: It looks pretty brave to pick the engine from Pipo Moteurs (!!!) after the Honda fiasco:x3:
Maybe McLaren should have a talk with Mistar Pipo:roflmao:

Surprised there isn't a thread already!

Not going to go into the history books as an all-time classic by any means, it was perhaps a little stale by oval standards, but it was great to see the cars back on track.

It looks like they've done some resurfacing work in the corners, the Firestone rep said they were down 15% grip on the new pavement. As a consequence, there was really only 1 line, so I think that really curtailed the action. It was a bit of a parade (by oval standards, at least).

There were a couple big heartbreaks that I don't want to be the first to mention in case anyone reading this plans to watch the replay :cool:

Long wait till the next race - about a month until they are at the Indy road course but, from there, the schedule is pretty jammed so hopefully we'll see some action.

While everyone thinks its a joke he has the right mindset an has a head on approach an like what was said earlier his GT3 car was up there running with the rest so you never know
After my mentioned research I dont consider it a fullblown joke - anymore.
Because it looks like if these cars havent run into "maintaince problems " the end results in races would have been much better.
So looking forward to watch how this outsider can do:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%