WEC cancels Sebring event!

read the details here: https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/sebring-wec-race-canceled-due-to-travel-restrictions/

in short: "Next weekend’s FIA World Endurance Championship race at Sebring has been canceled in the wake of travel restrictions imposed by the U.S. government to tackle the coronavirus pandemic.
On Wednesday evening, President Donald Trump issued a one-month travel ban on foreign nationals from 26 European nations, including France and Germany.
This will be put in place on Friday to contain the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus strain that has been proliferating in Europe in recent days.
The ban will affect large numbers of drivers, team personnel, WEC staff and media who were set to travel from Europe to Florida for the race, which was scheduled for Mar. 20.
The decision to cancel the sixth round of the 2019-20 season was made during a meeting held shortly after the presidential announcement.
A WEC statement confirmed that IMSA president John Doonan, whose top series is currently set to race at Sebring next Saturday, was notified of and accepted the decision."

Spa Rallye is postponed. As are Rallye Erzgebirge and Argentina.
And you should expect A LOT more races to be canceled forever.
We will have nearly no racing until summer.
(As noone is active except for the thread starters, please excuse me for not opening my own but instead posting here)

Yep, professional motor racing is the archetype of a globalized sport and hence one of the most seriously hit. SRO say they have 2,500 people working for the teams on the grid at a GT3 event. Even without spectators, it's a recipe for disaster in an environment like this. Well, plenty of old races I have never watched on YouTube, time to do some catching up :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back