WEC 6 Hrs of Fuji

So what did everyone think of the race this past weekend? Did you get up early for it? Not really seen any chatter about it on RD. Spoilers ahead if you've not seen it yet.

Audi looked closer to Porsche, at least for a while, and it was nice that Toyota had a cameo role in the LMP1 battle, even if it was short lived. The Fassler/Webber battle was pretty awesome.

LMP2... well, G-Drive were nothing short of disgraceful with their tactics culminating in that deliberate hit on the KCMG. Yacaman really has no excuse for that, especially now the car data proves that Bradley wasn't even on the brakes at the time. And that was the second hit from Yacaman, after taking the KCMG out when Yacaman was a lap down. Appalling, and I hope they throw the book at him.

GT Pro... well, there were some fantastic battles there too with the Ferrari's and the Porsches. And in GT Am, the move of the race was Stuart Hall's double overtake to take the lead.

So, what did you think?

The rain/wet start sure made it interesting :)

Webber seemed to be struggling in those conditions sliding all over the place.
Audi did look closer to Porsche but they could not match them down the long straight. Porsche just had too much speed

Reactions: Nox
Yacaman actually has an excuse. The car ahead braked 40 metres earlier than normal. That's not something that came out of my head, the stewards said it
Hi Manolis, the stewards have since taken that back. They based that decision on GPS data, but when they got the data from the car it showed that the KCMG was at full throttle when he was hit. So now Yacaman is under investigation and a decision will be given before Shanghai. See here http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/stewards-suspend-bradley-decision-new-evidence-surfaces/

wec-fuji-stewards-kcmg.jpg

That was a poor excuse anyway, because if that was true Yacaman would have just gone into the back of the KCMG but he didn't, he hit them twice. He also has no excuse for spinning the KCMG around in the first place when the KCMG was a lap up, yet alone the deliberate take out. And G-Drive were appalling the whole race being very very aggressive, forcing the KCMG off the track, dive bombs, etc.

Just as an aside, Alex Brundle calculated that at those speeds, braking 40m earlier would have been the equivalent of 0.5 seconds. i.e. the 40 meters earlier is only braking 0.5 seconds earlier than usual, which is nothing. of course, this is moot now because the KCMG wasn't braking at all.

Just watching the highlights on motors TV and I'm sure they said one of the cars had been on inters for 4 hours? Just seen the Yacaman incident, looked fine to me lololol

So what did everyone think of the race this past weekend? Did you get up early for it? Not really seen any chatter about it on RD. Spoilers ahead if you've not seen it yet.

Audi looked closer to Porsche, at least for a while, and it was nice that Toyota had a cameo role in the LMP1 battle, even if it was short lived. The Fassler/Webber battle was pretty awesome.

LMP2... well, G-Drive were nothing short of disgraceful with their tactics culminating in that deliberate hit on the KCMG. Yacaman really has no excuse for that, especially now the car data proves that Bradley wasn't even on the brakes at the time. And that was the second hit from Yacaman, after taking the KCMG out when Yacaman was a lap down. Appalling, and I hope they throw the book at him.

GT Pro... well, there were some fantastic battles there too with the Ferrari's and the Porsches. And in GT Am, the move of the race was Stuart Hall's double overtake to take the lead.

So, what did you think?

I live in the United States so I stayed up late to watch it.

I just knew that once the track started drying out that the Porsches would rise to the top in LMP1.

The Yacaman thing was just despicable. KCMG had to feel that there was a target on their car that G Drive just kept hitting it. I also hope they come down hard on him for that. Shame to see a possible championship ruined by those kinds of things.

It was about a half second. The decision is appalling and completely ignores the fact that Yacaman had already spun the KCMG when he was a lap down. The stewards have really messed this one up. Guess it is okay to push cars off track when you're a lap down then, because there was no penalty. And the main incident... they really got that wrong.

I have not fully understood how "he braked 40 metres earlier" and "he did not brake earlier" can happen in the same incident?!?
What did the team provide then? Telemetry is something that doesn't need interpretation, it's rather clear to look at. And shifting up after 10 laps, what's that supposed to mean?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 426 39.6%