Webber to be replaced by Raikkonen in 2011?

He could have been 36 points in front if he didnt slip :)

Webber isn't the greatest driver on rain so thats when he makes his mistakes. (Australia 2010 is a great example) But comparing to Vettel Webber have not done mistakes which makes me wonder what he is thinking when he does this mistakes.

To take off Webber from a great car will Deffinetly kill F1. If it wasn't for Webber and all the other drivers in the quick cars we woundn't experience this great F1 season with 3 drivers from 3 different teams and 2 teams fighting for 2 different Tittles.

I dont belive anyone would expect this on the start of the season by just seeing the performence of the Red Bull car which was flying when the rest were still working on there cars.

Webber's contract was locked up until 2012 this year with Redbull. So his option's for being replaced could only be assumed. Though if it were to happen, I don't want to be an Eddie, but I could see Renault quite happy to give him a full time seat and taking his contract off RBR. If Webber decides to retire because RBR wants to replace him with Kimi, then he sits by the beach eating shrimps on the barbie while getting paid for 2yrs. I'm sure Flav's lawyers would make sure he got an additional percentage of any sponsorship money he brings in as well, included to his salary of course.

RBR has massive amounts of liquidity, so anything is possible.

Bram wrote that because we were talking about the momment were Vettel was on P1 and Webber out, that's why he also writes RB can concentrate in Vettel, because at the momment he was champ leader.

Ah right, was wondering. Webber's experience and cool head has prevailed massively over Vettel, no doubt Seb has more talent over one lap, but he's still a kid and makes kid mistakes, he's not championship material yet, but he soon will be. This could be Webber's only chance of a championship, Vettel has another 8-12 years of racing (or about 40 if he does a Barrichello :D) so it would be stupid for Red Bull to favour Vettel.

I tend to agree with you about Vettel, Ross. He is still young and has alot of time. Webber, although not my favorite driver by any means, is the one I would like to see with the title. Of the 5 mathematically possible, 3 have already won it. Of the 2 that haven't.. well I just think Vettel has lots of time to get his own when he has grown up a bit. The radio in Canada incident really put him into a "spoiled brat" category in my mind, right or wrong.

Of those 5, Button is actually my "favorite" but I think it would be great for the sport to have Webber win it, and have Kimi come back in next year with whatever team, there is the potential to have 6 Champions in the field next season (assuming Schumacher gives it another go). I have been watching F1 since the early 80's and I don't recall ever having that many at once.. would be something pretty special.

• rustyscissors

Where'd you get the info on Kimi racing F1? He got out of F1 to race Rally. He isn't coming back. Webber is only as good as his car. The same goes for Button. The likes of Vettel and Alonso can race in any car and be competitive. I don't think Webber will bounce back from the lead he had a fragile hold on. He was even crying like a girl after the crash. Face it he is only going to be a solid driver and only his Aussie backers will keep him in a seat. If Vettel chills out and keeps his head, he's got a championship in the near future if he wants it. He would have the most wins and points if he didn't crash out or break his car. Plenty of time for him. Webber is done. He'll start crying that the team is giving Vettel more attention like when they gave that new nose to him. Then when the stars allign and he gets a good quali session he'll be strutting around the grid with his "boy" holding his umbrella for him acting like he belongs up there with the big guns. Alonso got this year in check and he knows how to take it all. Vettel, with Webber out of his hair will be a force to be reckoned with next year and RBR knows it. And never count out Mr. Hamilton.

I know that if Webber has the confidence and the the chans of winning with him then he will start doing some magic like at Hungaroring where he just started running REALLY quick and putting hot lap after hot lap. In order to put that type of hot laps from time to time shows that he is as quick as Vettel.

Many sure do complane about him qualifying in bad spots but Qualify is 1 out of 2 races and Qualify is more like a test race. The real race is what counts. If he starts at P10 due to his bad Qualify time and finishes First just shows that he is more concistanct then Vetter who have proven to be a better One lap driver then 10 lap driver.

But as Arsenal said, Webber is worthy of winning the Championship. IMO I don't think that Alonso is a worthy champion. (dont hate me for this all Alonso fans) I just don't like him due to his personality that he currently have and from the race at Hockenhiem where team orders where given. (I know Ferrari gave the order BUT it was Alonso who forced them to do so by telling them that Massa was slowing him down)

Anyhow I think that Alonso, Hamilton and Webber had a very up and down start this season but after the middle of the season they started to show there true talents and got this far. All three of them are worthy Champions in each unique way. I belive this tittle will be also be very special thanks to this special Season.

100818_kimi_raikkonen.jpg

I was wrong about Kimi:
http://wrc.com/news/raikkonen-its-wrc-or-nothing/?fid=13875

That makes much more sense to me. The WRC is an extremely tough gig, not for half hearted attempts, so I'm sure Raikkonen didn't take it on for a one season lark. He seems to be a very determined driver and would know that the WRC takes time and effort to learn well. If he wants to be a success in WRC, he'll need a couple of seasons under his belt, although it is starting to look like All other drivers need something bad to happen to Loeb to be any chance.

Vettle is a loose cannon and inconsistant at this time. He is undoubtedly fast, but his head lets him down, again and again. The crash with Webber was unforgivable. Those lost points may cost RBR both championships.

Last race who blew up the engine in Vettles RB? Yep. Vettle.

RBR will tell Vettle to let Mark through this week end, because it makes sence to get a WC under the teams belt. Just you watch.

As for Alonso, well he can drag a dog around and win with it, I own the seat belts from his R25 in which he won his first title, but I still aint over his petulant display at McLaren... and wont be for a bit longer....

I can't wait for the race today, its gona be a cracker.

Webber or Lewis for Champion

Yahoo.

George

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back