Webber: 'Car Issues Were Embarrassing'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Mark Webber voiced his frustration after suffering another problem with his car in qualifying, calling Red Bull’s repeated issues ‘embarrassing’.

The Australian could only guide his car into 10th for the start of tomorrow’s Hungarian Grand Prix, with a KERS failure cutting his qualifying session short as team-mate Sebastian Vettel claimed second place behind Lewis Hamilton.

‘KERS, gearbox, you name it. Driving the car around so far off the potential it’s unbelievable, so it’s massively frustrating. We look stupid, it’s embarrassing. It’s a brutal circuit to be out of position on. We should be challenging for the front row which is possible and we’re bloody tenth. So a pain in the a*** and it’s amazing all the effort you go to and then you have two weekends on the bounce when you get that.’ Webber told autosport.

And Webber says although Red Bull will be allowed to fix the problem ahead of tomorrow’s race at the Hungaroring, it will take a huge effort to recover their poor position.

‘We’ve got to get car operating at the limit the first thing tomorrow. It’s a long race with not everything functioning correctly,’ he added. So we’ve got to get that sorted for tomorrow but as usual it’s going to be hard to get the result we could have potentially got.’

Image walkingleaf
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Webber manages his KERS wrong? That makes me think why Vettel has never had this issues, and I can't think of something else (and I don't think this is on purpose because Red Bull is a professional team and I can't believe they did something like this)

Why are they doing this to Mark? Why help Vettel at the expense of Mark I just dont understand Red Bull.

Btw I have stopped buying all Red Bull product because of how they have treated Mark Webber.

Maybe Webber manages his KERS wrong? That makes me think why Vettel has never had this issues, and I can't think of something else (and I don't think this is on purpose because Red Bull is a professional team and I can't believe they did something like this)
If Mark handled his car wrong then maybe you should be driving it instead of Mark.

And maybe Mark manages his pitstops wrong too, resulting in a wheel falling off. ;)
It's probably not related to any previous years events, but the "suspicious" part is the frequency of these things happening since Webber and Vettel had the major fallout this year. There is certainly some hint that maybe Red Bull are concerned that Webber may want to "interfere" with Vettel's races, so there have been many "unfortunate" things that just happen to keep the two drivers well apart.
Mind you though, I doubt Webber would be too kind to Vettel if they did end up racing very close.

Do you know what I mean? KERS is not only pressing the button. It has different settings and the drivers must not use it all if I have understood well from team radios (leave 10% of the KERS for this lap).

Maybe Georgios is correct :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back