PC2 Weather transition bug list

1º If you try to use slick tyres in wet conditions, normally, at first the car have almost normal grip as if you are using wet tyres. After that, it suddenly becomes VERY slippery (as if you were driving on ice) altough still driveable.

But when it specific happens in a transition from DRY to RAIN conditions, you get a physic bug that makes your car completely undriveable as if you were racing on OIL (i mean ZERO GRIP), and you can't make it to the pits, ending your race.

2º In such transition, the AI takes the decision to change to wet tyres too late, losing a LOT of time racing with slick tyres in the wet track, altough the AI doesn't get the oil grip bug as mentioned.

3º In a triple weather transition race, many AI cars made 3 pitstops, while 2 pitstops would be enough.

Do you think they will fix this broken weather transition system someday?

Last edited:
There will be another patch because there is another DLC coming. Apart from that, weather transitions have been working fine for me.

I was talking with a Project Cars forum admin and he explained to me that the problem is the amount of laps.

That in 6 lap races the weather transition works at 12x speed, the only way to slow it down is by increasing the number of laps.

I used 10 laps for each weather slot. The zero grip and AI slow down issues are gone.

The only bug that is still happening is this one:

When you use more than 1 weather transition, many AI cars do more pit stops than necessary.

In this 30 lap 3 weather transition race, only 6 from 14 AI made the correct amount of pitstops which is 2 pitstops for 2 wheater transitions. The other 8 AI made 3 pitstops, it ruined the race.

https://ibb.co/fGhSVp
https://ibb.co/iU0gqp

The AI cars will start with different fuel levels (to avoid them all having the exact same pitstop window). Depending on how close that race is to a full fuel tank run, it's possible some of the AI have to also pit for fuel.

In fact, i was wrong, AI still not making the correct amount of pitstops even in single weather transition races.

Yesterday i ran a 20lap race Thunderstorm to Clear transition. The track went competely dry and i had to change tyres to slicks because the wets started to overheating. Many of the AI did the same, but some of them just keept racing until finish without pitstops.

The only real way to avoid all issues and have a fair race against AI, is racing with a single weather slot, no transitions.

There will be another patch because there is another DLC coming. Apart from that, weather transitions have been working fine for me.
That's what I remembered and I hope you're right, but the SMS promotion machine has been awfully quiet! I've even forgotten what's supposed to be in the next DLC.

Good news, i reduced the number of AI cars, and it fixed the pitstop bug, in a 30 lap race with 2 weather transitions, all ai cars made the correct amount of pitstops, 2 pits for 2 weather transitions.

https://ibb.co/gjtRwU

After i did another race from Wet to Dry where some AI weren't doing pitstops when they should...

And race with only 7 AI cars also fixed the bug in this case.

It's working!

That's what I remembered and I hope you're right, but the SMS promotion machine has been awfully quiet! I've even forgotten what's supposed to be in the next DLC.
Well, it hasn't been announced yet, but rumor has it that it's going to be a Ferrari DLC.

By the way, if the track dries up and there are only a few laps to go, it might be better to stay on wet tires. The AI actually takes that into consideration.

Well, it hasn't been announced yet, but rumor has it that it's going to be a Ferrari DLC.

By the way, if the track dries up and there are only a few laps to go, it might be better to stay on wet tires. The AI actually takes that into consideration.
Stop trying to prove that the game isn't bugged, because in some cases, it is. It was lefting 4 laps to the end of the race, i had to change tyres because the wets were overheating a lot, many AI cars did the same as expected, but 3 of them did not stop to change tyres. That's cheating because the AI is not affected by tyre temperatures the same way as the player.

Fortunately i found the solution for this bug, which is reducing the number of AI cars to only 7 as mentioned.

It likely has to do with how SMS varies the AI starting fuel. The larger the AI group, the more likely to have varied fuel loads when starting the race. Depending on the race length, it's possible that an AI may need one more pitstop than others.

Anything different than 2 pitstops for 2 weather transition it's a completely STUPID strategy, there is no way it happen in real life, therefore it's a BUG, end of history.

Stop trying to prove that the game isn't bugged, because in some cases, it is. It was lefting 4 laps to the end of the race, i had to change tyres because the wets were overheating a lot, many AI cars did the same as expected, but 3 of them did not stop to change tyres. That's cheating because the AI is not affected by tyre temperatures the same way as the player.

Fortunately i found the solution for this bug, which is reducing the number of AI cars to only 7 as mentioned.
Did those AI cars end up in front of the other cars that stopped? 4 laps usually isn't enough time left to justify a pit stop. It's not like you can't drive at all with overheating tires. Reducing the number of cars likely doesn't change anything, why should it?

Did those AI cars end up in front of the other cars that stopped?
Of course

4 laps usually isn't enough time left to justify a pit stop. It's not like you can't drive at all with overheating tires.

It's not impossible but you have to slow down A LOT because the car becomes very slippery.

While the AI doesn't

Reducing the number of cars likely doesn't change anything, why should it?

I already explained, reducing the AI cars fixed the problem and made all the AI to do the same amount of pitstops, in equal situations.

If it is not worth to change tyres, not a single AI car will stop to change it.

If it IS worth to change tyres, ALL the AI cars will change it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back